Home Foren Trezor Wallet Firmware-Updates : Ich besitze seit ca. 4 Jahren ein Modell T trezor und habe noch NIE ein Update installiert, aus Angst, es zu vermasseln oder einen bösartigen Akteur und meine Münzen zu verlieren. Meine Frage ist: Gibt es irgendwelche Gefahren, wenn ich die Updates für meine Geldbörse nicht benutze?

Ansicht von 8 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Firmware-Updates : Ich besitze ein Modell T trezor seit etwa 4 Jahren und habe noch NIE ein Update installiert, aus Angst, es zu vermasseln oder einen böswilligen Akteur und meine Münzen zu verlieren. Meine Frage ist: Gibt es irgendwelche Gefahren, wenn ich die Updates für meine Geldbörse nicht benutze?

brucynl
      Gast
      Up
      Down

By not updating you may find yourself in a situation where the upgrade path is ugly. If you need to make quick transactions due to the market it may not be possible. Also you may be missing important security updates. One that comes to mind is the physical attack released years ago.

https://blog.trezor.io/fixing-physical-memory-access-issue-in-trezor-2b9b46bb4522

That all said as long as you have your seed words and passphrase (if applicable) you should be ok even if your Trezor was to be completely destroyed or inoperable.

matejcik
      Gast
      Up
      Down

i said it many times before and I’ll say it again:

The risk of a hacker attacking your Trezor via firmware update is very close to zero. That’s not something that has ever happened.*

The risk of a hacker exploiting a security hole in your 4 year old firmware, with 4 years worth of known-and-not-fixed security issues… much higher.

Stop worrying and learn to love your updates.

*) What _does_ happen is a phishing page claiming “firmware upgrade” and having you type in your seed. This is, in essence, the same thing as if I asked you to send me your seed over DM with a “pretty please”. It’s just that a lot of people have this irrational fear of all kinds of updates that it makes this an effective scare tactic.

Just don’t ever type your seed into a computer for any reason whatsoever, and you’re gonna be OK.

Datacruncha
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The youtube video of the guy successfully hardware hacking a trezor was because it had old firmware. You should always keep it updated.

SilverTruth7809
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m not sure if this is a real question but yes always do Updates,. or just wipe your trezor, this should also work in your case. Seed backup ofc.

Liarus_
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I highly advise to do your updates, as long as you have your seed phrase, there is no reason to be worried, your coins are more at risk being on a wallet with no updates, rather than a fully updated one due to possible exploits that could be used on ooder firmwares

bitplenty
      Gast
      Up
      Down

There is absolutely nothing to be worried about if you have your seed phrase and do practice recovery to double check if it is correct. It wouldn’t be enough to compromise your computer – Trezor would refuse firmware with bad signature. Of course it is possible that Trezor was hacked and their signing key was stolen and someone created a malicious firmware and hacked Trezor servers to replace proper download for malicious one signed with stolen key, but really… At some point you just have to take a leap of faith. You could be even more safe but that requires maintaining a fork of a source code, reviewing commits, building it yourself, comparing signatures and executables bit by bit to official builds using watertight computer, but c’mon 🙂

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

[removed]

a36
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The easiest way to be sure everything works is to buy a second device and update it to latest and then restore your seeds on it. Peace of mind

Ansicht von 8 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.