Home Foren Ledger Wallet Fonds STOLEN kurz nach der Verwendung der Seed Checker App – ist Ledger sicher?

• Dieses Thema hat 28 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 11 Monaten von loupiote2.
Ansicht von 28 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Nur setzen diese da draußen, auch wenn meine Gelder sind jetzt für immer weg.

Am 15. April, kurz nachdem ich die App benutzt hatte, die überprüft, ob mein Seed korrekt ist, wurde mir mein gesamtes Geld aus meiner mit Ledger verbundenen Wallet gestohlen. Ich habe Anzeige bei der Polizei erstattet, und ein paar Redditoren konnten mir helfen. In der Wallet, an die das Geld geschickt wurde, befinden sich 4 Bitcoin. Ich habe 0,7 Bitcoin verloren.

Ist Ledger sicher? Ist es möglich, dass Ihr Seed, wenn Sie es in die App “Seed Recovery Check” eingeben, an einen privaten Server gesendet und böswillig verwendet wird?

Mein Ledger war per USB an meinen Laptop angeschlossen, der zu dem Zeitpunkt mit dem Internet verbunden war. Mir war nicht bewusst, dass man die App auch offline nutzen kann.

thomgloams
      Gast
      Up
      Down

A moderator needs to clean this thread up. It’s going to confuse many people that aren’t familiar with every feature of a Ledger or how a Ledger works.

FACT: There IS a legit Ledger Live exclusive app called Recovery Check that can be installed ON TO YOUR LEDGER FROM LEDGER LIVE ONLY in the exact same way one would install the bitcoin app or Ethereum app. “App” refers to the apps approved by Ledger, only available from Live. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO INSTALL AN “APP” FROM SOMETHING LIKE GOOGLE PLAY STORE.

FACT: The ONLY way to install ANY LEDGER APPROVED APP is via Live Manager AND you must physically press both buttons when the device itself prompts you to allow Live to talk to the Ledger. This does NOT expose your private keys or recovery words to the internet or any other “hot” connection.

FACT: When you buy a legit Ledger no apps are preinstalled. PERIOD. It’s a blank slate. If there IS an app on it then the device was tampered with prior to you receiving it.

What this means is:
      A) If the OP is CERTAIN that he set up the device with a fresh seed phrase that the device itself generated (not any seed words that came with the device or that were already loaded up before he received it) then we know OP at some point after installing the Bitcoin app installed the Recovery Check app.

B) If OP received a device that was already set up with apps and a 24 word seed and did not reset it right there, and only recalled the 24 words via the Recovery checker app or found a pre written card in the box then OP has been compromised since then.

C) Regardless of A or B , Ledger Live Desktop also has a fail-safe that checks if the connected device is genuine. We do not know if the OP was aware of that or saw the msg that appears EVERY TIME YOU CONNECT that device is genuine. If it weren’t, it would have screamed at him in red letters and been totally obvious. If somehow that itself was tampered with then it would be a brand new, never before seen, active exploit of Ledger out in the wild. This is highly unlikely.

D) Everything could have been exactly correct, working as expected, brand new seed on legit device in 2020 up until today. Just because he used recovery checker and lost funds some time after that, does NOT prove it was a bad app. It could just be coincidence and OP is creating a Link that isn’t there. And maybe his 24 words were exposed by a user mistake or some person any time between 2020 and now.

Conclusion:
      OP got a used device from day 1
      and never reset the recovery phrase and somehow there was a malicious app or whatever piggy backed on the device. Then Live would have had to miss this and say device was genuine (which it very well could have been) There are too many things we don’t know from OP to even speculate what could have been done.
      This is full of holes

OP could be a troll. Because things don’t add up and it would be such a sophisticated attack, the first one, first time, first person for just 0.7 BTC? nope.

Likely outcome – OP compromised his recovery phrase by mistake like EVERY OTHER SUPPOSED HACK of a Ledger.
      It’s Ochams Razor. It’s too far fetched that OP somehow got a bad Recovery Checker app on his device WHILE ALSO not being flagged by the Live device and firmware check that happens every time you connect. This would be catastrophic if it were true. It’s extremely unlikely.

This is a troll or basic user mishandling of recovery phrase.

Knurlinger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You did check/enter the seed on the device itself, right?

ChillServative
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The “Recovery Check” app can be accessed in Ledger Live via the Manager tab. I know what you’re talking about. I used it without issue. You dont type anything into your computer…you just check it via your ledger buttons.

btchip
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The Recovery Check application performs a local derivation on device so this is unrelated

Gxl4
      Gast
      Up
      Down

i think there is someone to blame here- and Ledger isnt the one.

Tremulant1
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’ve installed this app via ledger live a few times over the last couple months and used it successfully without issue. Don’t tell me I have to friggin reset my wallet now because this app is vulnerable. Can someone from Ledger support confirm on the status and security of this app??

AlmightyshO
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yeah, I call this FUD or BS.

notdsylexic
      Gast
      Up
      Down

What we need to know if Ledger is aware of any exploited seed checker apps. If an exploited seed checker app exists….. then that is bad news. It means that attackers can somehow access the ledger making it a “online” device.

memestraighttomoon
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Let’s go down the common list of suspects:
      – is your seed phrase stored in any sort of digital form?
      – does anyone else have access to your seed phrase?
      – where did you buy your ledger?
      – did you use your seed phrase on any other types of wallets?

7sevenheaven
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m shocked that people don’t know about the seed checker app. But not surprised op used a “”””pre installed one”””””

Massive_Fish_2872
      Gast
      Up
      Down

where was this app installed on ledger device or your laptop?

justfortoday82670
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I ran into same thing…restored accounts and went to seed checker app…but was redirecting to external site…I contacted ledger and got no where..I never tried external site….erased ledger and restored ledger to test seed…

omega180984
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Seed checken app?

Never put your seed in any app!!!!!!

Thats scam

osrsflopper
      Gast
      Up
      Down

THIS IS FUD! TOTALLY TROLL POST!

Fabulous-Flatworm997
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I think he bought a pre rigged ledger.

Money_killer
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Never heard of a seed checker

Brilliant_Tax1012
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Did you buy your ledger on the official website ?

FroddoSaggins
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Never heard of or used a seed checker.

Bubbly_Payment_5494
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Lmfao I have one question.. what and why the fuck would anyone ever need a seed phrase checker…sounds just like a credit card checker here gimme your numbers so I can check if it works for you…. sorry this happened to you, gotta be way more careful out there 🙏

Candid-Register-6718
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Never heard of a seed checker app.
      I don’t have it on my ledger … sounds rather suspicious

Impstoker
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Soooo. When and where did you enter your seedphrase on your phone or pc?

hepcat-6591
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Sounds like your issue is with that seed checker app, not Ledger.

woody-alien
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Seed check app??? Pre-installed???
      Does it exist?
      Wasn’t it the mistake triggering the rest?

woody-alien
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Man, I read your post and all your answers in this thread…
      First of all, I’m really sorry for that…
      Second, I guess you either got a tempered device or a fake ledger live…

Matthews413
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Did your ledger come with a seed phrase or did you create one on first use?

Environmental-Owl383
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I guess Ledger is not the culprit, but I never used that App.

With a fresh new seed, I restore my device and then recover the seed and see if first generated receiving address is the same.

eM_aRe
      Gast
      Up
      Down

How did you have funds on the wallet before you even confirmed the seed phrase?

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You somehow leaked your seed.

Eg took a photo of it with phone, ir saved it in computer or cloud etc.

Ansicht von 28 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.