Home Foren Ledger Wallet Frage zu einem früheren Beitrag über die MATIC auf Polygon oder Eth

• Dieses Thema hat 3 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 4 Monaten von BillsInATL.
Ansicht von 3 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich habe hier vorhin einen Beitrag gesehen, in dem gefragt wurde, ob die Leute ihre MATIC auf Polygon oder Eth speichern. Ich nehme an, das bedeutet, über welches Netzwerk soll ich sie senden? Wenn ich versuche, MATIC an meinen Ledger zu senden, sehe ich, dass ich sie entweder über das Polygon- oder das Ethereum-Netzwerk senden kann. Angesichts dessen habe ich ein paar Fragen:

1. Worin besteht der Unterschied bei der Wahl des Netzwerks, über das die Daten gesendet werden sollen? Spielt das eine Rolle?

2. Was sind die Vor- und Nachteile der jeweiligen Versandart?

3. Ich sehe, dass die Leute sagen, sie senden es auf Polygon wegen der “Gas-Gebühren” auf Ethereum. Wenn ich jedoch eine Münze über das ERC20-Netzwerk versende, beträgt die Gebühr nur etwa 50 Cent. Mache ich etwas falsch? Warum sind die Gasgebühren nicht höher?

4. Ist dies ähnlich wie das Senden von CRO durch Eth oder crypto.org Konto?

cheeb_ledger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

These are great questions!

1. The difference between networks is somewhat based on user preference. There are certain web3 applications that use ERC-20 based MATIC (aka MATIC on the Ethereum network) and then there are other applications that use Polygon-native MATIC. To a degree, it’s purely up to user preference and what the user plans on using the tokens for. If you’re looking to simply store the tokens for storage purposes, both work equally fine.
      2. Sending your MATIC tokens via the Polygon network versus the Ethereum network will result in a different version of the token (ERC-20 MATIC versus Polygon-native MATIC). This means that accessing the tokens manually in the future will require different processes (perhaps if you’re attempting to access your MATIC with MetaMask versus Ledger Live). In situations such as these, sometimes users have to bridge assets from certain networks, back to other networks, and this can incur fees and take time depending on the methods of [bridging](https://www.ledger.com/academy/whats-a-blockchain-bridge).
      3. People commonly refer to Ethereum as having expensive “gas fees” relative to other blockchains (for example, some blockchains have fees as low as fractions of pennies). In this manner, 50 cents can be seen as quite high relative to alternatives. That being said, gas fees are related to network congestion and usage – and so “high gas fees” aren’t necessarily bad. They’re just an indicator that the network is being used, so congestion may be high (and fees represent this).
      4. If you’re referring to the process of sending CRO over the Ethereum network versus *another* network (like in our aforementioned example of withdrawing MATIC over Ethereum versus Polygon), this would be correct. Essentially, you’re withdrawing tokens to an address and you’re choosing the “route” that the tokens will be sent along. Importantly however, this route will determine the destination (aka the version of the token). This means if you withdraw your MATIC with the Ethereum mainnet, it will end up as ERC-20 MATIC (because it was withdrawn via the Ethereum network).

I hope this answers each of your questions!

bsamiam45
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have my MATIC stored on ETH on Ledger. Makes me feel better as I keep getting scammy airdrops in my MATIC wallet

BillsInATL
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I moved my MATIC from Coinbase to my Ledger. I had a native MATIC account built and tried sending it there, but would always get an error. Then I spun up a MATIC wallet under my ETH, and tried to move it there and it went through no problem.

Not sure what the issue was or why it was happening, but it did not like the attempts at moving it on the Polygon network.

I’m fine with it under ETH, but was always curious what happened.

Ansicht von 3 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.