Home Foren Ellipal Wallet Frage

• Dieses Thema hat 3 Antworten und 2 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 2 Jahren, 2 Monaten von SherbetHistorical875.
Ansicht von 3 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Hallo,

ich habe gerade den Ellipal Titan bestellt. Ich werde meine Phrase in die Ellipal Wallet importieren und sie in Zukunft verwenden. Meine einzige Sorge ist, ich besitze Safemoon und sie werden eine Konvertierung zu V2 machen. Ich werde die Safemoon-Wallet herunterladen müssen, um die Konvertierung durchzuführen. Wenn ich das tue, setze ich mich selbst einem Risiko aus, da ich meinen Phrase-Seed in die Safemoon-Wallet eingeben muss. Aber wenn ich das Konto mit der Ellipal-Wallet geöffnet habe, bekomme ich dann trotzdem einen QR-Code, um fortzufahren? Ich denke, die eigentliche Hauptfrage ist, sollte ich warten, bis Safemoon V2, bevor ich zu Ellipal importieren oder sollte ich zu Ellipal importieren und dann tun die V2 mit Safemoon?

Synapse_SoCal
      Gast
      Up
      Down

So a few items to note:

1) The Titan can store more than one cold wallet. Sounds like you may be best suited having at least two, maybe three. One ultra secure wallet – create offline, never ever have the seed online EVER (create new 24 word mnemonic offline, then import it). You can also import your current one. If however, this was from a hot wallet…all of your crypto should eventually be moved off of it…maybe with the exception of the safemoon. Since you’ll need to use that wallet elsewhere anyways

2) Importing a wallet is in itself, completely safe. In fact, the safest way to go. But ONLY if imported from a new wallet generated fully offline. If importing from a wallet which was/is a hot wallet…then this completely negates the whole reason for having the Titan in the first place. Think of it this way – just like “not your keys, not your crypto”…”if your keys were EVER online, then they’ll NEVER be safe”…or “a key is only as strong as it’s weakest link”

3) To answer your question about QR codes…yes, the Ellipal will still continue to work with QR codes, and no – your other wallet won’t need them. Can still use the same wallet in two locations. Just remember, unless your safemoon wallet is on another cold wallet, air gapped system…then a seed phrase is only as strong as it’s weakest link…and you’ve just degraded the security of that particular wallet on the Ellipal. Hence my suggestion to keep Safmoon in a separate wallet (same Titan device is fine tho)

Congrats on the new Titan. I know I feel way more safe with mine

wonderingpie
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Curious, if you are importing yourseed phrase, then why use the Titan?

From my understanding, that eliminates the air gapped aspect of the Titan.

Mine you, I don’t think that’s common knowledge, I also wanted to do the same thing. But from my current understand, it would make air gapping on the Titan useless, no?

Edit to explain my thinking: the Titan doesn’t connect to the internet hence air gapped. So your keys are as secure as the can be. But you are taking keys from a wallet that is connected to the internet, hence airgappin is eliminated

SherbetHistorical875
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ellipal is a good Wallet but the App sucks, the fees are huge (due to everything being routed through their own nodes) and the updates are there but take time.

Be careful not to lose your SafeMoon. I would recommend

1. waiting for the switch to V2
      2. Swapping
      3. Waiting for Ellipal to support it in App
      4. Testing it
      5. Then sending it

Also, this wallet sucks at privacy.

All receiving addresses stay fixed, no option to change address for every transaction.

If this is something you care about, the last point makes this an absolutely shit wallet for privacy

Ansicht von 3 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.