Home Foren Trezor Wallet FYI – Scharen von Ledger-Benutzern (wie ich) kommen

• Dieses Thema hat 30 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 10 Monaten, 1 Woche von Normal_Knee1008.
Ansicht von 30 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich benutze seit 7 Jahren ein Ledger und hatte nie irgendwelche Probleme. Nichts gegen Trezor, nur kaufte ein Ledger zuerst und nie benötigt, um zu wechseln.

Jetzt sieht es so aus, als würde das neue Ledger-Firmware-Update die Speicherung von Seed-Phrasen auf Ledger-Servern (?!) ermöglichen. Ich habe soeben mein erstes Trezor Model 1 bestellt, und jeder, der mir die wichtigsten Unterschiede nennen kann, ist mir sehr willkommen! Seien Sie außerdem darauf gefasst, dass Ihnen alle nur erdenklichen Fragen gestellt werden, wenn in den kommenden Monaten Zehntausende neuer Mitglieder diesem Sub beitreten.

souquemsabes
      Gast
      Up
      Down

welcome on board, guys.

When i decided to buy a HW wallet, i chose Trezor because it is open code and Ledger’s is not.

Now, the diference is clear…..

good way to lose some (many) clients….

stickac
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Welcome! 🤗

worker55
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The main thing to know with the Trezor wallet is that when verifying your seed phrase or when typing in your 25th word, it gives you the nudge to type that sensitive information right into your computer via the keyboard. **Do not do this.** Instead, follow the harder-to-do option of typing your seed phrase directly into the Trezor device by clicking around and finding the “advanced” option for entering the seed phrase and the 25th word.

No_Fisherman_8651
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It doesn’t have the best coin support, you can check on Trezors website. But it pairs really nicely with Exodus. Trezor does support some coins that are not viewable on Trezor suite but they can be if synced with third party wallets like Exodus. This allows you to receive funds to your Trezor if you are not near a computer using the Exodus mobile app. Pretty simple to add a coin/token wallet on either trezors native software or Exodus.

With the Trezor One, you don’t input the pin on the device itself. It scrambles a keypad and you have to click the corresponding locations of the numbers on your screen. Screen doesn’t show numbers, just 9 squares.

Vs ledger, way easier to read and confirm wallet addresses.

libert-y
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Same boat here. I’ll give trezor a chance.

BusinessBreakfast3
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Joining as well!

tbone338
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Reason I chose the model T over the model 1: only the T supports cardano. That could be a big deal for some

GaRGa77
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Open source FTW

rootweiler_fr
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Haha! Make me some place I’m jumping on trezor’s boat too!

maddhy
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Note that Trezor 1 does not support XMR but Trezor T does

IAmTheLostBoy
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Truth. Just ordered mine

NOOBS_H8M3_
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Bought a model t

alby6969696969
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The trouble for a lot of Ethereum validators, we cannot change our Etherum Validator withdrawal address. So for those of us (like me), who set their validator Withdrawal address to a Ledger address, we are stuck with this old seed.

So I would actually need to import my 24 word seed into Trezor, before taking a sledge hammer to the Ledger.

I know in doing do I risk that my seed is already compromised by Ledger, but I do not have a choice for my Ethereum Validators.

haakonbsen
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Just got a trezor. I dont trust Ledger no more.

Lobunde
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Joining soon as well (coming from the nightmare A.K.A Ledger)

mcgravier
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Theres a long list of sins Ledger committed since inception, but this is not one of them. I’m glad you’re switching – reasons were there, yet noone really seemed to care. From the dishonest marketing – Ledger promoted as immune to physical attacks, until proven horribly wrong, through spamming reddit, dishonest smear articles against Trezor, to bricked devices, MCU security exploit, and leakage of ALL critical personal user data, including names, home addresses, phone numbers etc.

Ledger is an awful company, but there’s nothing wrong in optional backup like this. You’re doing the right thing for a completely wrong reason

Niwde101
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Damn it, now Im gonna buy a Trezor T.

PuzzleheadedCream682
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Gonna order one Thursday ! F*ck Ledger

Notorious544d
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Really want to get a Trezor but why does it still use a micro usb cable??? It’s really putting me off

SlowMotionPanic
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Those people better do their due diligence because Trezor is way behind Ledger in supporting some very popular coins. It still amazes me that Trezor does not have full support for Algo, for example.

I suspect that is going to catch transplants from Ledger, who will have bigger risk exposure from those coins since Ledger supports them.

mcored
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You better ask Trezor too if it’s already or possible in the future for a firmware upgrade to enable sending out the seedphrase from the Secure Element.

Edit: Unfortunately, all firmware have access to the Secure Element. With a business decision, any firmware can make your Secure Element extract the seedphrase.

Connect-Ad-1088
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Whatever……. I was first a trezor user b4 I became a ledger user

brianddk
      Gast
      Up
      Down

> any key differences

Old (very old) Ledger derivations for ETH were different than BIP39, and the math used in the BIP39 derivation of XMR (Monero) is different from Trezor so the resultant keys are different.

NomYap95
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Checking in here too, fuck Ledger

jwz9904
      Gast
      Up
      Down

how about a good deal for ledger victims like me?

time_wasted504
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Trezor is the ridgey didge HW Wallet.

Stick and Shush deserve mad respect and my patronage for what they have done

crispy1988
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Biggest thing I noticed was Trezor only allows 12 seed word phrases. To do the 24 word you need to install some additional code

Mystokv
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Welcome aboard !

kharn2001
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yep same here. Dodgy as f!

Normal_Knee1008
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Same here, migrated to trezor with a fresh seed

Ansicht von 30 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.