Home Foren Trezor Wallet Habe heute meine Trezor One bestellt. Ich freue mich sehr, endlich meine Münzen zu besitzen. Ich suche nach Ratschlägen, wie ich meinen PC sichern/scannen kann.

• Dieses Thema hat 8 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 11 Monaten von ncrdomeier.
Ansicht von 8 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich habe noch nie irgendeine Art von Antivirus oder Malware-Erkennung auf meinem PC laufen lassen, da ich ihn nur für Spiele benutze. Viele dieser Spiele sind Raubkopien, also bin ich mir nicht 100%ig sicher, was in meinem PC herumschwirren könnte. Ich musste ihn noch nie für etwas verwenden, das ich verlieren könnte, also habe ich ihn nie wirklich gesichert.

Jetzt, wo ich meinen Trezor habe, mache ich mir Sorgen darüber, was in meinem PC lauern könnte und was meine Wallet gefährdet, wenn ich die Suite benutze. Wie kann ich meinen PC am besten für den großen Tag absichern?

SillyROI
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Download Trezor Suite and install the latest firmware, but don’t set up a wallet yet. Put the Trezor Suite installer on a flash drive. Disconnect your PC from the internet. Format the PC and reinstall your OS. Reinstall Trezor Suite. Plug the trezor in, set up your wallet/password. Write down/cryptosteel your seed phrase and store it somewhere safe. Format your PC again, reinstall OS again, reinstall Trezor Suite. Connect the PC to the internet. Never keep a digital copy of the seed phrase (picture, text file, email etc), keep only the physical copy somewhere safe. Commence using your Trezor and PC as normal.

Bonus points: do the seed phrase/password generation on a PC that has never been connected to the internet. Format it then physically destroy it afterwards.

EDIT: after reading the OP a bit more, for you specifically you should probably just format your computer before you get started.

TurbulentInternet
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If you know how crypto works you’re set. Trezor is designed to work in a compromised environment. Just don’t trust, verify (that’s coldcard slogan I guess) everything and you are done.

retrorays
      Gast
      Up
      Down

write down your keys on paper (or a metal plate better). Save those keys somewhere ultra safe. Even split the keys into two pieces and store somewhere ultra-safe. Then use your trezor like normal. ALWAYS when upgrading your trezor verify where the firmware update is coming from.

raymonddurk
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You don’t really need to do anything on your device since your keys are offline but I wrote a lot of things you can do here https://twitter.com/ErikVoorhees/status/1177230686131875845?t=4pAAkSNEieUADJ0yIq5dpQ&s=19 and here https://twitter.com/RaymondDurk/status/1384884767963889670?t=VGEkAxklQq9s4uPgBDQhVA&s=19

Tarskin_Tarscales
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The only problem with the one is that there is no way to enter your passphrase on the device itself, so if you have a keylogger on said PC there might be a chance that your passphrase gets intercepted.

The input on the device was the key reason for me to get a model T.

However, the simplest thing for the OP would be to format the PC, get a security focussed distro and make that a finance only PC.

Solid-Mess
      Gast
      Up
      Down

lol own your own coins.. please read what I wrote as I feel this will help you in future cases. What I say below can literally save your funds in the future …… so what you mean more or less hold your own coins where as the saying goes “not your wallet, not your coins”

I edited this a few times to make sure all info was correct and to fix misspelled words

Believe it or not but alot of new people will loose their coins faster using a private wallet or cold wallet as they don’t understand how the blockchain operates or how wallets operate in general. They do alot of things like throw away seeds or mint nfts (not always bad) down below is a knowledge bomb I’m dropping on you so you can understand a cold wallet doesn’t just solve problems. It can at times create them also especially if you are newer to the crypto game

Some basic knowledge.. they can still be stolen if you sign a bad contract example like a bad nft contract where you approve the transaction or not. This applies to whatever chain you tried to mint on or etc.

It can be stolen if someone gets your seed. That’s why it’s always best to use a passphrase to which is diff than the seed itself.

Coins are always on the blockchain. Even when utilizing a cold wallet coins ALWAYS are on the block chain and never ever leave the blockchain. This is a huge misconception for new people that think a cold wallet takes the coins off the blockchain which is completely untrue.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

[deleted]

ncrdomeier
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Love the suggestion to put the installer on flash drive.

Ansicht von 8 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.