Home Foren Ledger Wallet Hardware-Reset

• Dieses Thema hat 6 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 8 Monaten, 1 Woche von Different_Plant5583.
Ansicht von 6 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Hallo Leute. Ich habe mich bei Ledger Live angemeldet und gesehen, dass ich meine Ethereum-App aktualisieren muss, um auf meine Ether zuzugreifen. Ich habe gelesen, dass eine Menge von Geräten nach dem Update zurückgesetzt werden. Ich habe meine Wiederherstellungsphrase, aber ich bekomme ein wenig paranoid, wenn es richtig aufgeschrieben usw. Wie kann ich das Zurücksetzen meines Geräts so weit wie möglich vermeiden?

Vielen Dank im Voraus, wenn Sie Ihre Zeit für eine Reaktion geben

BaadMike
      Gast
      Up
      Down

First, never, never, never enter your seed phrase on ANY keyboard. Only ever enter it directly on your Ledger device.

After that is understood, install the Recovery Check App on your Ledger device through the Ledger Live app. This will allow you to check to see if your written seed phrase is in fact written correctly.

Regarding not having to reset the device, you typically don’t have to do this unless something goes wrong, so check your seed using the Recovery Check App ON THE LEDGER DEVICE ONLY then update your Ethereum app (or any other app) and hope everything goes well. But you’ll have the peace of mind knowing your seed phrase is written down correctly and in the correct order.

I have updated all the apps on my device (including the Ethereum app) and have never had to reset it.

Good luck and do not listen to anyone who DM’s you with other advice.

Zatouroffski
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If you didn’t double check your seed words on paper are working fine on a wiped device of yours, I’d suggest you to buy a second ledger to make sure it’s working fine. And you’ll have a backup device if the one you are using gets lost or broken. Or, after you finish checking your seed, you can use this 2nd device with a new seed to split your eggs to different baskets. 🙂

When I get a new device, I write down my seeds and send some dusts into a wallet. Then I wipe my device, re-enter my seed into it, and try spending the dust I’ve sent previously. If it can, then you are good to go.

cheeb_ledger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

With respect to application updates, these usually don’t cause any sort of resetting errors with Ledger devices, and so I wouldn’t be too worried if this is solely the “ETH” application prompting you from the “my Ledger” tab in Ledger Live.

Alternatively, if you’re performing a **firmware** update, you will want to have your 24 word recovery phrase on-hand. If the device resets during a firmware update, you’ll absolutely need the 24 word recovery phrase to restore your funds back into the device.

In this case, it would be best to install the “[Recovery Check](https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007223753-Recovery-Check?docs=true)” application and verify that your 24 word recovery phrase was correctly written down – that way you know with certainty that you’re all good to go during future firmware updates.

darkforeststrikes
      Gast
      Up
      Down

My Nano X started “resetting” during update in terms of the apps getting wiped out and having to reinstall, but it wasn’t a full reset so I didn’t have to reenter my mnemonic. Thankfully I was just within warranty period and they sent me a replacement.

Wayne2018ZA
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Downgrade your ledger Live:
      ledger.com/ledger-live/lld-signatures

Different_Plant5583
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Just update it. You’ll be fine. I update my ledger all the time and never had to reset anything

Ansicht von 6 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.