Home Foren Ellipal Wallet Heimliches Wifi an Bord des ellipal?

• Dieses Thema hat 14 Antworten und 2 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 2 Jahren, 3 Monaten von keiththeeditor.
Ansicht von 14 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Hallo

ich bin gerade auf einen sehr ausführlichen Sicherheitsbericht über die Geldbörse gestoßen, in dem der Rezensent die Geldbörse auseinander nimmt.
      Eine der Entdeckungen ist, dass es tatsächlich WiFi-Funktionen hat? Es gibt einen WiFi-Chip an Bord, es ist nur mit Software ausgeschaltet.

Ich habe auch ein paar Leute gesehen, die berichten, dass ihr Geld verschwunden ist…
      Ich habe das auch in der Ledger-Community gesehen und es ist meistens der Fehler der Benutzer, die ihren Seed preisgeben und so weiter…

Dennoch bin ich ein bisschen zögerlich, jetzt zu verwenden, die Wallet.

Ellipal_official
      Gast
      Up
      Down

We have already change the chip, and have resolved the issues raised in the Ledger-Donjon Vulnerability Study. We give the respond in Decemeber in 2019. Everyone can check on our blog.

[https://www.ellipal.com/blogs/news/ledger-donjon-vulnerability-study-and-the-development-of-the-ellipal-titan?_pos=9&_sid=32b90d7f7&_ss=r](https://www.ellipal.com/blogs/news/ledger-donjon-vulnerability-study-and-the-development-of-the-ellipal-titan?_pos=9&_sid=32b90d7f7&_ss=r)

Ellipal is impossible to have wifi chip onboard. Ellipal does not support any network connections such as 4G, Bluetooth, and WiFi.

Howard_Scott_Warshaw
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Good golly gosh darn. I had so much hope for this device. I love the idea that it’s air gapped, but alas, the device is only a dumb android phone. So much for the anti-tampering and anti-disassembly features.

This, unfortunately, is the last straw. That camels back is broken.

**NINJA EDIT** this was written two years ago about the original wallet. Perhaps the Titan has addressed these issues? Also the OP has a 5 day history of trashing Ellipal. I’m now more suspetice of the original poster than of the hardware wallet.

saturatedtubesock
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Following

blkmedia87
      Gast
      Up
      Down

We need to get to the bottom of this. @EllipalSupport Team. Talk to us

ChrisMcG82
      Gast
      Up
      Down

This article is two years old? The titan is newer then that?

No-Income927
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Okay it seems like the issues i was worried about are dated. I’m starring to regain some trust and might try the wallet after all. Thanks for the clarification Ellipal!
      Sorry if my post/questions caused you any trouble.

Party_Investigator34
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Lmao nothing is secure! I have a wallet. since I bought it I’m just waiting for the hack to share the data. Nothing has happend. Patiently waiting

theywipedhistory
      Gast
      Up
      Down

news is dated. official ellipal responses in this thread.

one could say if ledger had spent as much resources trying to tighten their security, they may not have been hacked.

For the future op, maybe you should do the research BEFORE you buy the wallet, instead of posting FUD. you knew that was dated news and did not say it in the op nor link your source in the op.

Assuming you are new, and none of this was on purpose, there were much better ways to go about what you did.

tintfilmcrew
      Gast
      Up
      Down

What is the liability from China freezing crypto transactions or businesses engaged – in terms of effecting ELLIPAL continuity and upgrade operations? Is ELLIPAL managed outside from Chinese authority or liabilities..

keiththeeditor
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I appreciate this thread. I canceled my ellipal order a few months ago. Exhausted of so much uncertainty with the company and China. The team at ellipal are helpful, and as we see in this post, they show concern when users have questions and concerns. But I am afraid of this being a long con as well.

Farnboroughrd
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Where can I access the in-depth security review? I have two Ellipal’s ? Would love to read it.

blkmedia87
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Let’s goooo ELLIPAL with the answers! Guys pls stop spreading panic

Ellipal_official
      Gast
      Up
      Down

ELLIPAL is totally air-gapped. It cut off internet, There is no possible to have wifi capabilities. I will tell the management and tech team for this, will make a proof.

ahackercalled4chan
      Gast
      Up
      Down

post the link to the security review.

~~otherwise i have to consider your post as more FUD~~

article is here: https://donjon.ledger.com/Ellipal-Security/

Ansicht von 14 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.