Ansicht von 4 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Hallo zusammen.

Ich möchte einige hundert Dollar in eine kalte Wallet zu bewegen und ich erwäge kaufen ein nano x wegen seiner Preis vs Ruf.

Meine Idee ist es, nachdem ich das Gerät kaufen Geld dorthin senden und “wegwerfen” das Gerät und ofc speichern Sie die Schlüssel in einer sicheren Weise.

Nach den letzten Tagen sagen, all das Gerede um die Hintertüren, Wiederherstellung, Aktualisierung der Firmware, etc, meine einfache Frage ist

Muss ich regelmäßig überprüfen, ob es irgendwelche Updates auf dem Gerät (nano x) gibt, um den Zugriff auf mein Geld zu behalten?
      Besteht die Gefahr, dass ich den Zugang verliere, wenn ich das Gerät nicht auf dem neuesten Stand halte?
      Vielen Dank

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

> Do i need, in a regular basis, check if there are any updates on the device (nano x) in order to keep access to my funds?

No, as long as you have a safe and secure backup of your recovery / seed phrase, safe from unauthorised access and safe from accidental destruction or loss (two copies at different physical locations are advised, to protect from fire / disaster).

> Is there any risk about loosing access if not keep the device up to date?

No, same as previous answer.

Your ledger is only needed to get the deposit address and sign transactions e.g. to transfer cryptos from your accounts.

Your cryptos are stored on the blockchains, not in your ledger. The only thing stored in your ledger is your seed phrase, i.e. the key to your accounts on the blockchains.

You can always update the firmware later, if needed.

weedium
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ignore all of the back door nonsense, all HW wallets not of your personal manufacture require a level of trust. I trust the Ledger company, they haven’t stolen anyone’s funds that I’m aware of.

topouzid
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Do not throw your Ledger. After resetting it, there is no connection to your wallet. In fact, a Ledger device that has been reset is a million times more trustworthy than your paper that has your 24-word seed written and sits inside your safe or a vault.

Jim-Helpert
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hey, if you will use your device frequently, then you will need to update, if not then you can keep it in a safe place. and update it once in a while. Also, to clear a few misconceptions regarding Ledger Recover, the firmware update doesn’t automatically activate Recover
      Recover is not even launched yet.
      When launched Recover will be completely optional and will require your explicit consent to be activated, we’ll never force you to use the service.
      if you don’t like the service, just ignore it and continue using your device as before, you’re always in control, more explained here: [https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/9579368109597-Ledger-Recover-FAQs?docs=true](https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/9579368109597-Ledger-Recover-FAQs?docs=true)

Ansicht von 4 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.