Home Foren Ledger Wallet Ich benutze Ledger seit einer Woche und fühle mich sicher, aber ich bin bereit, große Beträge zu bewegen

• Dieses Thema hat 25 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 7 Monaten von Acceptable_Wall_8147.
Ansicht von 25 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich habe mir mehrere Threads angeschaut und festgestellt, dass viele Leute ihr Ledger gehackt haben, obwohl sie sicher waren, dass ihre Seeds nie kompromittiert wurden und keine Phishing-Seiten angeklickt wurden. Kann mich bitte irgendjemand davon überzeugen, dass Ledger sicher ist und dass es buchstäblich unmöglich ist, es zu hacken, es sei denn, der Hacker hat physischen Kontakt mit Ihrem Gerät, oder wenn der Benutzer auf einen bösartigen Link geklickt oder eine bösartige Datei heruntergeladen hat

RogerWilco357
      Gast
      Up
      Down

>many people have had their ledger hacked even after being sure that their seeds were never compromised

Not one credible, verified instance of this is known to the community.

Bodyguard1911
      Gast
      Up
      Down

As long as your seed is safe (never shared or put on a digital device) and you don’t interact with any bad contracts then you are fine

SD5150
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Everyone who as ‘hacked’ made a mistake somewhere. Usually downloading the wrong (fake) ledger live application and entering their seed phase in the app! Never enter your seed phrase anywhere besides the ledger device itself, if necessary. Don’t store your seed phrase where someone can access it, physically or digitally. Don’t reply to DM’s and go to some fake site that is going to steal your info. Be safe and be smart before you take any actions. If something seems suspicious, don’t ever click or confirm.

Caponcapoffstillon
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Be careful with your money, no wallet can save you once you hand out your seed phrase. At no point do you ever need to use your seed phrase to perform any transaction on the ledger. REPEAT AFTER ME: I WILL NOT GIVE OUT MY SEED PHRASE TO ANYONE. Make sure you revoke ALL CONTRACTS you don’t recognize either as those are phishing attempts as well. As for hacking, no ledger has not been hacked so far and even then I think it would be way too much of an effort for a hacker, they would just go for lower bearing fruit.

Royal-Author-669
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Next time you see these accusations, click on their account and you will see a vast majority will have next to nothing in Karma regardless of age of account.

I call bs on MOST, not all claims.

drive_causality
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The ledger itself cannot be hacked because it is not an online device. It is sitting at the bottom of your fish bowl or taped to the back of your toilet (or perhaps you gave it to Fido to bury it in your backyard so that even YOU don’t know where it is). Whatever the case may be, the only time it is connected to a computer is when it interfaces with the ledger live program to digitally sign your transactions using the keys generated by your ledger using your seed phrase. After that it goes back to the bottom of the fish bowl so Nemo can protect it.
      The only way people are losing their crypto is because they didn’t secure their seed phrase or some bad actor fooled them into giving it away.

TaterTots_Ledger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

There are no known cases where a Ledger device has been hacked physically to allow the theft of assets. The architecture of the device is such that you can trust what the device screen says, even if you are running malicious software on the computer you’re connected to- further emphasizing the importance of verifying what your screen says every time you sign a transaction.

The most critical component in using a Ledger is the user. When users post about losing their assets, they have either given away their recovery phrase or given permissions to a malicious contract. For this reason you must closely guard your recovery phrase and always verify the contracts you’re signing.

CryptoTokyo
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Read the Ledger website (academy section) and you should be fine. I read so much here about people starting with a cold wallet and having not even learned the basic of security. Being your own bank is not just a right, it comes with responsibility. So read the ledger webpages first

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

[removed]

Scotchlover411
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If you research and use the additional Passphrase security feature it is safe to move large amounts to that nested account on your ledger. I did not feel safe transfer if my crypto until I did that. Someone would need my seed phrase PLUS my original 25th word Passphrase that only I know and is not on the BIP list to hack me.

Miadas20
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Every case of “hacked” I’ve seen is user error and/or gullibility with phishing scammers.

If you’ve done your homework, your seed phrase has never been digital and is secured, and your device was authenticated from the app downloaded from the legit website, then you should be fine.

RogerWilco357
      Gast
      Up
      Down

>literally impossible to hack

Nothing is impossible. It’s an imperfect device created by imperfect beings. It has vulnerabilities, and we are unaware of the tools available to US Army intelligence level engineers and hackers.

TillyDanger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m feel kinda paranoid that some one secretly knows my seed phrase and they are spying on my account, watching me accumulate. Then one day they steal everything. My issues with anxiety is fucking with me.

JooseBeatz
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Sounds like u need a xanax bro lol ur literally making things up in ur head.. Also, theres no way these hack stories u speak of are real if they say they didnt share their seed. At the very most, they *DID* share their seed and are too ashamed to admit it..

U and ur funds are safe. Never type ur seed phrase into anything but the physical ledger device (which is a rare necessity in itself) and u’ll be fine 😁

isthefridge
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Look at David Schwartz tweet about being quantum resistant. And go from there.

KMan471
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Move in small amounts at a time.

pifumd
      Gast
      Up
      Down

> literally impossible to hack unless the hacker has physical contact with your device , or if the user has clicked on a malicious link or downloaded a malicious file

It’s not just downloading a malicious file or link, it’s doing that and then entering their seed. Or storing it in digital form somewhere. Edit – oh and messing with dangerous contracts is the other common theme but I don’t mess with that stuff so idk how to avoid it.

So long as you sear the idea onto your brain that your seed should not ever ever be entered anywhere except your actual ledger (using the little buttons on it!) you’re fine.

Metaphysics_87
      Gast
      Up
      Down

verified instance of this is known to the community.

coneja11
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Anyone that is getting hacked and saying they didn’t connect to a site and sign a contract, or click a phishing link, or input their seed phrase somewhere is lying lol. the only other scenario is they did not buy their ledger from the direct site, they could have purchased it from a second or third party, Amazon etc. don’t do that- you’re more likely to get a compromised ledger. You’re safe just basically do not connect your hardware wallet to anything.

0xGunter
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If you’re moving & storing large sums of value, you should have a multi-sig like gnosis.

bj__cowen
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Will be best you make of decentralized exchanges. More better than ledger since it has both decentralized and centralized features with Zero tax rate

Xicocr
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Moving large amounts of money means you passed into advanced user. Set a passphrase as your 25 seed word and don’t forget about it. User errors are serious and common.

Tiznadete
      Gast
      Up
      Down

People say things but never back them up, every instance of someone getting drained they have always done some stupid shit like:
      “I saved my seed on a wifi enabled laptop that only I have access to”
      “I never connected the wallet except that one time they promised me some free crypto”
      Or
      “I bought my ledger from Amazon and everything seemed legit except my seedphrase was already written out🤔🤔”
      If you do everything correctly a hacker needs physical access and probably many days to retrieve your info.

saltyload
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Dork

Acceptable_Wall_8147
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Never ever connect your ledger to any apps that require connecting your wallet!if absolutely necessary set up a wallet that is not your ledger like Trust Wallet. Use that wallet like a test account and only send to that wallet what you’d be willing to lose if it is a scam. If it screams fishy then dont even test it nomatter how promising it seems. Our ledger is a vault and as long as you don’t mess around with it you are safe

Ansicht von 25 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.