Home Foren Ledger Wallet Ich benutze nur einen Ledger Nano X mit meinem Smartphone und Bluetooth (+ Ledger Live). Gibt es hinsichtlich der Sicherheit etwas zu beachten? Was kann oder sollte ich tun, um diese “Einrichtung” sicher zu halten?

Ansicht von 7 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Natürlich wird die Seed-Phrase offline gespeichert. Aber ich mache mir immer Sorgen um die Verbindung mit dem Smartphone. Ich benutze ein Android-Smartphone und mache grundsätzlich alles auf dem Smartphone. Ich habe viel Erfahrung mit PCs und Smartphones (als Verbraucher), ich hatte noch nie größere Virenprobleme, ich klicke keine fragwürdigen Links an, usw. Manchmal habe ich die Angst, dass ich irgendwann “gehackt” werde. Erst nach und nach wird mir klar, was Selbstschutz wirklich bedeutet.

MFKDGAF
      Gast
      Up
      Down

My 2 cents – get a dedicated device that will only be used for send/receiving transactions to your Ledger.

For me, I use a cheap brand new laptop with Linux on it. Spending $400 on a brand new cheap laptop vs losing more than $400 in Crypto is well worth the investment.

Lenin1917_
      Gast
      Up
      Down

PCs are more secure than smartphones

pr0z1um
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Lol. Bluetooth is not secure. Period.

ConnectAstronaut2639
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Add a pass phrase. Transfer funds to new wallet.

Jim-Helpert
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hey there, in terms of security because of Bluetooth, you have nothing to worry about, the bluetooth is just to connect. The Ledger’s unique operating system will always keep your accounts, 24 words, apps separated from one another and off the internet.

The only stuff you should beware of is knowing what transactions you are signing for, always manually verifying the transaction details and trusting what the Ledger device is showing you, and beware of malwares like crypto address switcher: [https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/7101057682461-Crypto-address-switcher-malware?support=true](https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/7101057682461-Crypto-address-switcher-malware?support=true)

and of course beware of scammers and impersonators sending you emails or DMs. Neither Ledger nor Ledger Live will ever ask you for your 24 words recovery phrase, always make sure to follow best safety practices: [https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/6747982542749-Best-safety-practices-Ledger?docs=true](https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/6747982542749-Best-safety-practices-Ledger?docs=true)

Hopefully this better clarifies

HeWasKilled
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Bro you’re safe using ledger live along with the ledger device on phone, nothing can steal your money if you’ve done and set up everything correctly. The only way a “hacker” can steal your money is the clipboard virus, which is, it changes the send or receive bitcoin address. This can easily be avoided by double, triple or quadruple checking your sending and receiving crypto addresses.

If you’re paranoid about Bluetooth ( personally I am not ), go ahead and use a type C cable along with your ledger and you’re g2g again

anjie_eth
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I think you’re already doing most things right. You are security conscious and that’s good. Basically not clicking on any random link is one of the surest ways to protect you from hack.

One other thing though, I think you could dedicate your Ledger only to big and long-term holdings. For regular transactions, you should consider using a private wallet. Who doesn’t know what you own or the details of your wallet can’t hack you. My 2 cents.

Ansicht von 7 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.