Home Foren Ledger Wallet Ich bin kein Ledger-Befürworter, aber bevor Sie sofort eine andere Geldbörse kaufen, sollten Sie in Ihrem eigenen Interesse die folgenden Punkte beachten:

Ansicht von 43 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

1. Trezor ist Open Source, hat aber keinen sicheren Chip. Wenn jemand Ihren Trezor (physisch) in die Hände bekommt, sind Sie im Grunde genommen erledigt, solange diese Person weiß, was zu tun ist (richtige Werkzeuge und Fähigkeiten)

2. Von einem chinesischen Unternehmen wie Keystone zu kaufen ist nicht besser, es besteht ein 10-mal höheres Risiko, dass China den Hersteller zwingt, etwas auf Hardware-Ebene am Gerät zu tun, was China bereits bei vielen anderen Geräten tut, das Risiko ist einfach höher, selbst wenn es Open Source ist. Open Source ist kein Allheilmittel, es ist keine sofortige vertrauenswürdige Lösung.

3. Ledger Wallet ist noch nie gehackt worden. Ihr sicherer Chip wird von einem der etabliertesten Unternehmen in diesem Bereich (STMikroelecfronics) bereitgestellt.

4. Wenn Sie etwas anderes als Bitcoin / wie eth und andere shitcoins / Ledger halten wollen, ist immer noch eine der absolut besten Lösungen.

5. Wenn Sie nur BTC halten wollen, ist die einzige bessere Lösung Coldcard oder eventuell bitbox02 (btc Version), aber shiftcrypto sind viel kleineres Unternehmen mit einer kleinen Anzahl von Mitarbeitern, ich persönlich habe meine Vorbehalte, Ledger ist durch die Jahre etabliert.

6. Recherchieren Sie die Unternehmen sorgfältig, wie neu sie sind, wie groß sie sind, wie streng sie den Herstellungsprozess der Hardwareelemente kontrollieren usw.

Kaufen Sie auf eigene Gefahr, aber hier ständig zu posten und zu verkünden, dass Sie Trezor haben, lässt Sie nicht sehr klug aussehen, eher impulsiv und unreif, da Trezor einfach ein minderwertiges Produkt ist.

Assim91
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If you have a Trezor, then add a passphrase. If your Trezor falls in the hands of these highly skilled people who are able to extract your seed phrase, you’d still be fine because your passphrase is not stored on the device, you’d have to input it when you want to access your wallet.

brianddk
      Gast
      Up
      Down

> Trezor is simply an inferior product.

I suppose everyone has an opinion. Since you are (properly) addressing some of the Ledger FUD, let me address some of the Trezor FUD that Trezor is trivial to hack with physical access. First off, there seems to be the impression that the 2020 `wallet.fail` presentation went unpatched since Ledger claimed it’s unpatchable. This is patently false. After the original `wallet.fail` presentation Trezor firmware rolled three updates.

1. AES256 bit encryption on Trezor-T NAND (`sd-protect`)
      2. Support for insanely long PINs on all products
      3. Glitch exposure greatly reduced

First, as Ledger states, this whole attack assumes there is no BIP39-passphrase enabled, or the passphrase is something stupid like “passphrase”. With that out of the way, onto the updates.

## NAND Copy

The `wallet.fail` attack requires the part receive a voltage glitch while it is in “flash mode”. This unlocks the protected memory to allow the NAND copy. On the older firmware this only required a few days to hit, but with the updates the amount of time the part was left in flash mode was reduced to the actual time the part was being programed instead of the original “fingerprint display” where most of the attacks took place. The reduced window makes hitting the glitch incredibly difficult, simply as a statistical problem. Expect most attackers to spend months trying to glitch the part.

## NAND Encryption

Normally, the NAND is encrypted with the PIN, but for Trezor-T it can be encrypted with a 256bit salt file `sd-protect`. This makes PIN brute forcing impossible. No… no one is able to brute force 256bit AES encryption. This is just FUD.

## PIN Weakness

EVERY exploit I’ve seen is performed on a 4-digit PIN since that is the smallest allowed by firmware. And even those take 15 seconds. From a computation point of view that is slow as molasses. The reason it is so slow is two fold. First, the NAND uses ChaCha20 encryption which is designed to be slow to hinder brute force attacks. Second, the ChaCha20 encryption requires the full 1.5MB part to be decrypted before it can be tested. You should see that this is not going to scale well for the attacker.

If 10,000 cycles takes 15 seconds, 1,000,000,000 (9 digits) cycles will take over two weeks and 10 or 11 digits will require months or years.

## Conclusion

Simply get a $10 sd-card and your Trezor becomes immune to all these exploits. The idea of requiring “something you know” (aka PIN) and “something you have” (aka sd-card) to unlock a secret is a very old and common concept of data security. We all know it is two-factor authentication, but rarely stop to think about it.

LiveDirtyEatClean
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I think the problem is that “trust me bro” has no place in bitcoin. This was the entire reason bitcoin was invented.

BusinessBreakfast3
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Get BitBox02.

Larkloss
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Dude……like other people said, some of Ledger component is made in China, and assemble in France. And in their latest trailer video for Ledger Stax, the trailer show the manufacturer is Foxconn’s factory at China

ShinAlastor
      Gast
      Up
      Down

BitBox02 is a Swiss opensource hardware wallet and has a secure chip.

Odlavso
      Gast
      Up
      Down

1. Very few people have the knowledge or skills necessary to get your seed off of a trezor and the people that do are probably going after people with a lot more crypto than me.

2. I believe some of ledgers own hardware components are manufactured in China and assembled in France so wouldn’t the hardware concerns apply to both?

If people have reviewed the open source software and haven’t found anything malicious, wouldn’t this mean it’s safe?

3. I agree that ledger has great hardware and their UX is amazing, extremely easy to use but the issue seems to be with their software and new direction they are taking.

Hope you dont take this as me trying to argue with you, I’m really curious what the correct answers to these questions are. I’m not a security expert or programmer

GiorgioVe
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Trezor T model with a 25th word solves this all for everyone wishing to own Btc + Alts.
      The 25th word prevents any form of physical attack to happen on the T model, as the passphrase is not inside the chip.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

[removed]

Fooshi2020
      Gast
      Up
      Down

BitBox02 Multi

Sir_Lagz_Alot
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Who would you trust to be more secure, a company that has a fully open source solution that anyone can critique or a closed source solution from a company that lied/misled customers already?

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m using it as an opportunity to improve my set-up. Coldcard airgapped. Or maybe a coldcard + bitbox02 together for a multisig.

brecciasf
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The hardware is flawed as it allows I/O of the keys sharded or directly (we don’t know this). This is a design flaw of the hardware and cannot be corrected with software so no amount of shilling for the company will fix this.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

> Trezor is open source but has no secure chip, if someone gets a hold of your Trezor(physically) you’re basically done, as long as this person knows what to do (proper tools and skill)

The bigger vulnerability for physical attacks is how a lot of people store their seeds they wrote down. Many write it down in order, so anyone who sees it can just use it. No need for hacking of any sort for physical theft of written seed phrases. It’s why a 25th passphrase is recommended regardless of what storage method is used whether it be different hardware wallet, paper wallet, etc.

FaceMobile6970
      Gast
      Up
      Down

By the way, your #3 (ledger has never been hacked) turns out to be false. It HAS been hacked. Here’s a lengthy description by the guy who did it. He refused a bug bounty from ledger because he felt is was more important to notify the community than cash in. [Breaking the Ledger Security Model](https://saleemrashid.com/2018/03/20/breaking-ledger-security-model/)

Maximum-Proposal7511
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Pascal is this you? Please login as yourself

ChadRun04
      Gast
      Up
      Down

> Ledger wallet has never been hacked, ever. Their secure chip is provided by one of the most established companies in this sector (STMikroelecfronics)

Meaningless if you allow firmware to be updated and expose the keys to other components.

> If you want to hold anything else except Bitcoin/like eth and other shitcoins/ Ledger is still one of the absolute best solutions.

Yes. It is shitcoin support which was the trade-off made by Ledger.

niloda00
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Blockstream Jade?

spioh
      Gast
      Up
      Down

This fantastic secure chip allows extracting the seed so there is no secure chip.

Hodl_it
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Note : Post sponsored by Ledger

pmatus3
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Why Is card better than ledger? It’s waaay overpriced ond if anyone is looking for alternatives to ledger cold card has similar vector of attack, as in you gotta trust that no one can hack SE and or devs don’t ship malicious update.

pshirshov
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You don’t have to trust keystone:

1. It’s airgapped
      2. You might roll dice for randomness and you have a way to independently audit the correctness of the derived seed, so it can’t mix anything into your seed.
      3. You might check all the content of all inputs and outputs.

Could you propose a plausible attack vector for keystone?

BeginningSpecial
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I had my first bitbox (Bitbox1) before my first Ledger, only switched to Ledger after they discontinued BB1

Xorkoth
      Gast
      Up
      Down

yeah i am most definitely taking that into consideration, its a shame i have lost alot of trust in crypto as a whole, while it all sounds good , its more risk than i wanted.

Seattleman1955
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I agree that there is some panic buying going on and Trezor is no better. “If” you are going to make a move go to something like ColdCoin.

madrap
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Are air-gapped wallets better?

ma0za
      Gast
      Up
      Down

1. Is false as long as you got a 25th word which you allways should

rjm101
      Gast
      Up
      Down

> ledger wallet has never been hacked

This [guy claims otherwise](https://saleemrashid.com/2018/03/20/breaking-ledger-security-model/)

therealcpain
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Trezor Model T negates this with a passphrase as it’s not stored on the device.

t81_
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Buying a Tresor for replacing Ledger is something that only reddit could achieve

After the coronavirus experts era, a security experts era is rising…

FastBinns
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Someone mentioned that ledger stated their wallets are not suitable for accounts larger than 50k. Has anyone else heard this?

techma2019
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Trezor Wasabi CoinJoin censoring fiasco is my issue with Trezor. They’re off the path in my eyes as well.

KaptainKopterr
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ledger is still the best wallet in the game. They have the most partnerships. they are listening to our concerns. i’m not moving and letting this play out

debbbs123
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Thank you. I’m tired of the fud.

CornFly2014
      Gast
      Up
      Down

There are alternatives with a secure chip & locked private key:

[https://tangem.com/en/](https://tangem.com/en/)

But yes, it comes with tradeoffs as they often do (you lose it, you lose your coins, same as cash)

yatoshii
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Inferior product? Jeez Ledger minions working so hard to spread FUD on the competitors these days. Not a good look. Oh and you completely avoided the fact that some of these wallets are airgapped wallets with the option to passphrase. When is Ledger airgapping their wallets? When will they go FULLY open sourced (since their plan is to only go partial)? When will they stop logging our IPs on Ledger Live? Trust me I was an enormous fan of Ledger but it’s time to move on buddy. Too many big mistakes.

EuropeanBrothelKeepr
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Thanks for the info. Probably just sticking with Ledger

BitcoinGoddess666
      Gast
      Up
      Down

25 word for Trezor. More Trezor FUD smfh

fluxxis
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I will wait until the dust has settled. Ledger is still one of the safest options, remember it is and always will be a cold storage. Moving coins to any other storage will just increase or introduce new risks. Stay cool, wait and see.

ninjamaster124
      Gast
      Up
      Down

since most things are made in china I think I trust more keystone at this time than ledger. none of your points can persuade me so nice try ledger spokesperson

Average_Life_user
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I highly doubt many people have the technical skill or tools on hand to break into a Trezor. That’s like a billionth of the population we are talking about.

Secondly, Trezor isn’t an inferior product because I know for certain that my keys aren’t leaving it.

With ledger, there is just as good of a chance of my keys being stored in Ledger’s DB right now as of them not being there.

I’d say that alone makes Trezor the superior product.

Buying any wallet that isn’t 100% open source is stupid

rsa121717
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Additionally: open source != safe

The main people outside the company who will even glance look at the repo:

Large majority are black hat hackers. And if they find a fault, it may take a while to exploit it

Small minority are white hat hackers. People finding issues and reporting them

Very few are customers who know what they’re looking at. And probably half of them actually know what to look for.

Point is, there isnt some green checkmark when a company goes open source saying, hey this system is a-ok. Just because the software is publicly available does not mean you can trust it. And i know most of you arent going to review it yourself. Something to keep in mind

broccolihead
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Boy even the Ledger shills cant speak without lying. Your first statement “I’m no Ledger advocate” is clearly a lie. lol

Ansicht von 43 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.