Home Foren Ledger Wallet Ich bin paranoid wegen meiner Saatgutphrase…

• Dieses Thema hat 6 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 8 Monaten von DreadknotX.
Ansicht von 6 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Hallo Leute, ich bin ein wenig neu in der Hardware-Wallet-Szene und habe eine Frage.

Stimmt es, dass man, wenn man super vorsichtig/paranoid sein will, um seine Seed Phrase zu schützen, seinen Ledger zurücksetzen sollte, sobald man ihn bekommt, um eine neu generierte Seed Phrase zu bekommen, auch wenn man ihn direkt bei Ledger gekauft hat? Ich habe das vor kurzem irgendwo gehört und ich kann mich nicht erinnern, ob mein Ledger bereits mit einer werkseitigen Seed-Phrase ausgestattet war. Weiß jemand, ob fabrikneue Ledger bereits mit einer Seed-Phrase ausgestattet sind, oder ob sie bei der Ersteinrichtung zufällig generiert werden?

Ich hoffe, dass mich jemand zu diesem Thema aufklären kann.

Danke!!

chuoni
      Gast
      Up
      Down

New Ledgers don’t come with a seed phrase. They are always generated new when you set up the device. You can always reset again to create a fresh one.

pvhbk
      Gast
      Up
      Down

They absolutely don’t come with a seed phrase, and there is a sophisticated scam that does just that. Check out the all time top post on this sub (or one of the top, I forgot). If it already has a seed phrase, someone (not ledger) set it up and has your keys.

Curious, is this a hypothetical or did you actually buy one with a “factory” seed phrase?

eric2041
      Gast
      Up
      Down

They are generated, they dont come with a factory phrase. As long as you keep your phrase safe you will be fine. If youre like me and super paranoid then you can generate then reset the device a bunch of times lol but its not needed. I think i created 4 before i kept it but im a weirdo like that. just be safe and do RESEARCH before you start transferring!

nutzzzz
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Your Ledger device generates the seed phrase from the BIP39 Word list which has a total of 2048 words.

[https://privacypros.io/bip39-word-list/](https://privacypros.io/bip39-word-list/)

Just keep it in a safe place, preferably not on paper. Paper can be destroyed by water or fire.

I just got a Cobo Vault but there are other options that do the same thing like Crypto Steel and Billfodl. Do your research and find the best option and price for you.

bje332013
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If you got a Ledger and there was a seed phrase card that was already filled out (or one where you scratch off some material to reveal the printed seed phrase), you got a compromised device.

If you got a legit device, it will say something like “Welcome to Ledger” the first time you turn it on (or whenever the device has been reset to factory settings). There will be no seed phrase until you tell the device to generate one, at which point it relies on its random generator to create a seed phrase.

The Ledger Live software supposedly scans the hardware inside the Ledger devices to check whether the components are legit.

DreadknotX
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Buy directly from ledger and their website that’s the safest

Ansicht von 6 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.