Home Foren Ledger Wallet Ich habe meinen Satz eingetippt. Mir ist schlecht, es ist alles weg.

• Dieses Thema hat 40 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 8 Monaten, 1 Woche von Eddybitcoin.
Ansicht von 40 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

16k, die ich da drin gespeichert hatte. Ich habe den Computer gewechselt. Ich stand schon vorher unter so viel Stress. Es dauerte 15 Sekunden, in denen ich nicht hyperaufmerksam war, und jetzt ist das Geld, das ich für den Notfall gespart hatte und das ich für einen Notfall brauchen würde, weg. Eine Website, die ganz oben in der Suchmaschine auftauchte, die so aussah und nach der Phrase fragte. Und ich habe nicht nachgedacht. Ich bin untröstlich.

Jahrelange Arbeit, einfach weg.

TheDigitalPoint
      Gast
      Up
      Down

That sucks, but it’s also crazy to me that it could have even happened.

Maybe people need to write a note to themselves when they record their seed phrase, “To my future self… if you are going to type this on a keyboard or phone, you are about to lose it all.”

RandomTask100
      Gast
      Up
      Down

There are 3 types of Ledger owners…..

The tight-lips, the loose-lips and the assholes that leak their phrase but swear up-and-down that they didn’t. I’m sorry for your weak moment, but thank you for owning up to it.

Xen7963
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Locking your phrase away gains you time to think twice every time you need to use it.

excelance
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Feel bad for you, but I can’t count how many times it’s been stressed in the Ledger sub to never, ever, **ever**, type your passphrase into a computer. If you have access to your hardware, there is no reason to do it.

National_Figure1921
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m so sorry this happened to you
      I got scammed out of $13K in my crypto newbie days…. It’s gonna be rough for a while… it’s really just the passing of time that is going to help the feeling go away…
      You can try looking up the address for where the funds went to and then send them some small 60 cent transactions or something where you can include a note to them begging them to return it…. Create a different address though.
      I heard some lady lost her 75k XRP tokens and that’s what she did… and I guess the scammer felt guilty and returned her coins.
      Lastly always remember that no one ever ever ever ever ever ever needs the phrase for ur wallet. Ever!
      That is literally just for you if you have a new wallet in your hand to set up recovery. So if your being asked for it you should know immediately it’s a scam.

Flaky-Wedding2455
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Sorry for your loss. You can rebuild. I’m guessing you are young. You have time. You can do this. Rooting for you.

enbandito
      Gast
      Up
      Down

i don’t get people doing this,but i feel for you tho

conv3rsion
      Gast
      Up
      Down

OP I have almost had this happen to me as well and I really feel for you. In my case it was attempted automatic transactions triggered by a phishing site interacting with metamask (as hot wallet). We all deal with stress and expecting us to never make mistakes is not realistic. Frankly, the search engines who are making money on these ads bare some responsibility for people being scammed.

Please don’t beat yourself up and also know that by sharing this story you are helping other people. There are other things that can help similar situations too such as passphrases and multisig, but they also increase complexity.

It’s a tough situation but you will bounce back from this.

belizeans
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m not understanding why the need to enter your seeds in a website? To withdraw don’t you use the dongle or the ledger app?

ah__there_is_another
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ah man, sorry to hear, sounds awful.

Throw this memory in the basket of this disgraceful time, blaming the wider environment (ie. whatever is impacting your mental wellbeing lately) rather than yourself, and shift focus to resolving the root cause. Whilst not all problems are in our control, we can process them better in certain conditions.. meditate, exercise, read, write down your little achievements and what you’re grateful for.. talk to someone who you know will listen without judging. Doing a blockchain related operation and being this distracted shows a lot. Take care of yourself, money comes and goes, time doesn’t!

ManyIndependence9974
      Gast
      Up
      Down

That sucks OP. I would have to ask how safe was your phrase in the first place if you could just enter it in the computer accidently? If a website asked for my phrase I would be to lazy to go through the steps to get it out of its storage.

kinkyintemecula
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Condolences my man.

This will be one of the big hurdles in mass adoption considering the average person is an idiot.

You’re well aware of the protocols to keep your funds safe. And it still happened.

This is why I keep different wallets across different devices. If I fuck up I’m only 25 percent screwed.

lykewtf
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Best life lesson I learned is by default humans are not perfect and at some point will randomly make a mistake. It might be on a motorcycle and then you’re dead or a surgeon who cut a nerve, or the cheating partner who leaves their cell phone open! Don’t beat yourself up, you’ll never do it again. We make mistakes and we learn from them.

vitorizzo
      Gast
      Up
      Down

This makes no sense how someone can do this.

omg_its_dan
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I don’t mean to hit you when you’re down (more of a cautionary tale for others), but why would you EVER type your seed phrase into a web browser?

dikkeAap
      Gast
      Up
      Down

man this is my worst nightmare, take care bro

KIG45
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I sympathize with you from the bottom of my heart, I really do! You have done something unacceptable. But this will be a lesson for you in the future.

This is one of the reasons why ledger wants to introduce the recovery.

Too many lost coins from people who just don’t know how to keep them. I can imagine how many people turn to support for help when it’s too late. Maybe a lot of people really need help.

oxbcat
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If you check you browser history would you share the scam url? This would at least warn people and we can use it to block the site. This might help others.

bianthel
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Self custody is not for everyone and crypto people need to realize that

Rebel_XT
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Sorry for the crypto loss 🙁
      Curious though, what site did you think you were clicking on that would require you to type out your seed, for a ledger wallet??

Aromatic-Ad3922
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Did you google search ledger live? And was it the first site that popped up?

Repulsive_Physics_51
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Sorry too hear that . Sometimes our brain just goes on autopilot and doesn’t catch that we are screwing up . I lost about 2k a year ago . I walked right into it , even though I knew better.

Royal-Blu
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I am crying for you.

JhnMorgan133
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Your other post made it clear

>I bought a new computer because it was time, I went to install ledger, got phished and lost all of my hard wallet crypto. 16k. I mistakenly didn’t wonder why my recovery phrase was being asked for (I thought it was reasonable to ask since I was putting it on a new computer) and now its all gone.

You apparently install the Ledger based on the top post (or ad post) of Google Search Engine. But the one you installed asked you to type your seed phrase instead in your device.

Sorry for your loss. $16k is not something you can get it back but this is definitely a reminder that you’re still okay and capable to make it back.

ZealousidealLie9249
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Lol noob

chompchompnomnom
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Why didn’t you just put your money in the bank man?

bleudefact
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ledger and all H.W. vendors must make it obvious to their users that:
      “IF YOU ARE ASKED TO ENTER YOUR H.W. SEED ON A WEB SITE, ITS A SCAM! DO NOT TYPE IT! YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR H.W. ASSETS”

​

This could be on a paper in BOLD Red Letters when they open the package and also this should be displayed on their apps.

boibleu22
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I haven’t been keeping up with all the Ledger news, honestly. Where exactly did you type in your phrase and why?

zumspass
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Repeat over and over again “my seed phrase IS my Bitcoin.” Your Bitcoin is not on your wallet, it is on the block chain. Your seed phrase is your proof of ownership (indirectly, technically).

You WILL lose your Bitcoin if you TYPE your seed phrase into ANYTHING, with 100% certainty. No typing (keyboard typing) is required or even possible to enter your seed phrase into a hardware wallet.

Correct_Passage_5138
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It fucking sucks, but you know what? It’s still early to stack and get back on track. DCA is the rule. Keep pushing, keep stacking. Do it consistently and in 10 years your regret will become an anecdote.

Reccon0xe
      Gast
      Up
      Down

At least you’ll learn from now the number 1 rule in crypto… Not to give out your seedphrase.

bje332013
      Gast
      Up
      Down

^(What happened is unfortunate, but the whole point of having a hardware wallet is to never type your seedphrase out on a hot device. If you see a screen on your computer prompting you for a seed phrase and you’re using a hardware wallet, you should ignore said screen. Not even the legit Ledger Live software is supposed to ask you to type out your seed phrase on the computer that’s running said software.)

tenet-trader
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Next time if you know your prone to phishing attacks. Get cheap laptop just for crypto trades,etc. Have a hot wallet for interaction. And cold wallet ledger.

There is almost absolutely no reason to typing your recovery phrase into website.

Get kasperksy antivirus. Usually stops phishing sites.

Go learn about social engineering hacks get some knowledge so this doesn’t happen again.

majorpickle01
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I sympathize with you, but typing in your seed phrase is not “lack of hyper-vigiliance”, it’s gross negligence.

Still, sorry for your loss OP

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

But say you are restoring an old metamask account, which is a an extension or an app on ios or android, then you end up having to type your seed into your computer and or your phone. It basically comes down to knowing what you’re doing and where not to put it, but I guess, fi you’re not sure of yourself, only input it into your ledger and only if absolutely necessary.

EfraimK
      Gast
      Up
      Down

OP, very, very sorry for your loss. I know people will tell you, especially in a HWW room, that carelessness… caused the loss, but it can happen to many of us. Too many scams and attacks in crypto. This might be the space’s downfall. Hope you make it all back and then some.

Zolota666
      Gast
      Up
      Down

That freakin sucjs

BitcoinGoddess666
      Gast
      Up
      Down

So stupid, stop typing your seed on a computer dumbass.

Inevitable_Moment_11
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You accept a disclaimer when you create your wallet to never give out your seed phrase. But you gave it out anyway.

Eddybitcoin
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The first Commandment of Crypto is to never type in your seed phrase. You don’t have to think.

Ansicht von 40 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.