Home Foren KeepKey Ich kaufe zum ersten Mal Bitcoin, habe einen Keepkey gekauft, brauche ich andere Wallets? Brauche ein paar Tipps für den Anfang

• Dieses Thema hat 2 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 6 Monaten von jamesdpitley.
Ansicht von 2 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

TLDR: Muss ich Electrum oder Multibit mit meinem KeepKey verwenden, oder ist die Chrome-Erweiterung gut genug, um BTC selbst zu empfangen/zu senden?

Ich möchte zum ersten Mal in Bitcoin einsteigen und mag die Sicherheit, die Hardware-Wallets zu bieten scheinen. Ich habe vor, für den Anfang nur $100 oder weniger zu kaufen, dann werde ich wahrscheinlich mehr kaufen, wenn die Dinge gut laufen. Ich habe einen KeepKey bestellt, der morgen ankommen sollte, und bin mir nicht sicher, in welcher Reihenfolge ich die Dinge am besten angehe.

Ich weiß, dass man eine Wallet braucht, bevor man BTC kaufen kann. Sobald ich also mein KK initialisiert habe, werde ich meine erste BTC-Wallet haben, mit einer Wiederherstellungsphrase, einer Adresse und privaten/öffentlichen Schlüsseln. Was sollten meine nächsten Schritte sein, sobald ich mein KK eingerichtet habe?

Muss ich auch eine separate Wallet mit Electrum oder MultibitHD einrichten, um meinen ersten BTC-Kauf zu tätigen und diese BTC dann in meine KK-Wallet zu übertragen/zu bezahlen? Oder ist KK und die Chrome-Erweiterung alles, was ich wirklich brauche, um meinen ersten BTC-Kauf zu tätigen und dann meine BTC auszugeben.

Ist es außerdem eine schlechte Idee, PayPal zu verwenden, wenn ich meinen ersten BTC-Kauf über eine Börse tätige? Mein einziger Plan ist es, meine BTC für ein VPN-Abonnement auszugeben, nichts verrücktes illegales. Würde die Verwendung von PayPal für meinen ersten BTC-Kauf den Zweck der Verwendung von BTC/VPN zur Erhöhung meiner Anonymität zunichte machen?

Sorry für das Buch, aber ich möchte etwas auf dem richtigen Fuß begonnen.

KeepKeySupport
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hi Graybolini,

Thanks for choosing KeepKey! Good questions. I’ll do my best to answer them below. While some are a matter of personal preference, I’m happy to give you my two cents.

Most people don’t even think about security before buying bitcoin, so you’re way ahead of the curve in that regard. I recommend using the KeepKey app that you downloaded from the Chrome store. There are a few reasons for this:
      (1) The KeepKey app is the only way to take advantage of all the features KeepKey has to offer on a single platform. For example, you can create multiple accounts for bitcoin (e.g., checking and savings acct), and for the other coins KeepKey supports as well (Litecoin, Dogecoin, Ethereum, and Dash). The other clients you mentioned do not support multiple accounts or multiple coins with KeepKey.

(2) The KeepKey app has built-in ShapeShift integration, which you can use to convert any currency pair from the list above, in the KeepKey app itself.

(3) The KeepKey app is developed by the KeepKey team so it is tailored specifically to the KeepKey device. It’s constantly being updated and improved. You can also change your settings at any time in the KeepKey app (label, PIN, etc), which you cannot do in the others wallets.

As for buying bitcoin, there are a few ways you can approach it. If you’re using an exchange, you’ll most likely be asked to verify your identity to comply with KYC/AML laws (assuming you’re in the US). The exchange will have your information just as PayPal does, so it likely wouldn’t matter if you bought via PayPal or with a debit card, linked checking account, etc.

And it’s definitely not necessary to start a separate wallet just to purchase BTC. If you buy from an exchange, simply move your bitcoin off the exchange to a wallet like KeepKey. KeepKey values privacy, and certain features are enabled by default which make it more difficult to track a user’s transaction history on the blockchain, such as automatically generating a new receiving address for every transaction. But keep in mind that bitcoin isn’t completely anonymous.

If you want privacy in purchasing bitcoin, your best bet is to buy locally. You can use a site like localbitcoins.com or the MyCelium Local Trader Android app, both of which connect buyers and sellers in your area. I’d recommend looking at the following resources on our support page. https://help.keepkey.com/resources/where-can-i-buy-bitcoins. howtobuybitcoins.info is probably the most comprehensive list when it comes to buying bitcoin. To find other information related to KeepKey, visit help.keepkey.com. If you have any other questions about KeepKey, please contact us at support[at]keepkey.com.

Have a good weekend,
      KeepKey Support

jamesdpitley
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You can receive and send with the Keepkey without using Electrum of Multibit.

Ansicht von 2 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.