Home Foren Ledger Wallet Ich werde mein Hauptbuch behalten und gut schlafen.

• Dieses Thema hat 48 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 4 Monaten von TempiAloha.
Ansicht von 48 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich sehe viele Beiträge über den Hack und den Wechsel zu anderen physischen Geldbörsen.

Ich bin nicht gegen Sie, aber ich behalte mein Ledger und es wird für eine lange Zeit gleich bleiben.

Sie hatten ihre Server in dieser Woche gebrochen, die gesaugt und ich hoffe, dass sie ihre Lektion lernen und vorsichtiger darüber sein, bevor sie alle ihre Kunden zu verlieren.

Ich bin ein BTC-Maxi und dieses Problem stört mich (noch) nicht wirklich.

Ich denke, Ledger ist in Ordnung. Es ist immer noch besser als Vermögenswerte auf Hot Wallets zu haben.

Wenn jemand Trezor oder Cold Card (irgendwie) hackt, was werden Sie tun? zurück zu Ledger gehen?

djbunvee87
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I mean I don’t deal with any dapps, I strictly use my ledger for cold storage so I should be good right. >Nano X<

bigshooTer39
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The server breach was due to poor controls on ledgers part. Ex employee still had access to production environment. He got phished and someone was able to upload a modification to open source code directly to the production libraries. The real questions are why did he still have access? Why did he even have access to move a change directly to production? Why doesn’t ledger have controls to move code changes from dev to qa environment and then once testing passed move to production? The person who has qa access should not have prod access. Segregation of duties 101. Does no one gets alerts from GitHub when files are uploaded to a production library? The lack of controls blows my mind. It feels like ledger is a more expanded version of 2 guys working out of their basements

bmoreRavens1995
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Stop doing dumb shit like connecting to shit trying to “earn” free shit, signing shit, downloading shit, thinking you won shit, then shit will be fine. And “WE” all don’t fear this shit….

Q3752X
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Let me guess. You have an old Nano S, that isnt even capable of being tampered with at this point.

KlopeksWithCoppers
      Gast
      Up
      Down

For anyone disagreeing with OP:

DON’T CONNECT YOUR HARDWARE WALLET / COLD STORAGE TO ANY OUTSIDE APPS.

You took your crypto “offline” for a reason, stick to that.

Coeruleus_
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m with you. Also 99% Bitcoin. People love to fud ledger. Zero issues in 2 years.

I’m sorry your nfts got hacked using some shady ass apps

pifumd
      Gast
      Up
      Down

maybe its because i’m jaded from working in cyber because i’m over here like, if people really understood how shitty a lot of companies security practices were or how tenuous even “good” security can be, there’d be a revolt. breaches are a matter of when, not if. mitigate your own risk as best you can.

cloud_sec_guy
      Gast
      Up
      Down

From Ledger CEO: “the exploit was effectively running for less than two hours. “. That part I’d not previously heard.

KIG45
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ledger is a hardware wallet and should not be used (even though the company allows it due to the fact that it makes money) for anything other than cold storage. For web 3 and dapps you have hot wallets!

You can also create multiple Ledger accounts.

Have one for staking, have one protected by the 25th word (password) just for storage.

All hardware wallets have their advantages and disadvantages. But I think Ledger is still the best.

rickandm00rty
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I agree with your sentiments. If people do not truly understand what they are getting into or they wanted to screw with alt coins, then they are getting what they asked for. IMO anyone who truly understands Bitcoin self-custody would never have a ledger device in a position where any of these vulnerabilities matter.

Bitcoin self-custody is a literal manifestation of fuck around and find out. At some point I’ll likely build and sign my own Jade, or maybe another device I can verify each component of and airgap but at the moment I feel very safe.

johnfintech
      Gast
      Up
      Down

> I think ledger is fine. It is still better than having assets on hot wallets.

The fact that supporters feel the need to say that (let alone saying it like that) shows there is clearly a problem …

Ledger shouldn’t really be trusted after all the mishaps. There’s always something with Ledger. Pulling live code from CDNs, really? Allowing former employees to still access code repos, really? Aren’t all of you concerned that this could happen any time with Ledger, some rogue employee, or former employee it seems, goes and steals everyone’s money, and Ledger goes “We need to come together in these difficult times”, and everyone claps and cheers?

You guys are very brave indeed. Hear hear!

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

> They had their server breached

Actually no, the story is a bit more complicated than that.

But I too am keeping my ledger and I am sleeping well. I am just gonna be a bit more more careful when I sign bling transactions from dApps sites. Like checking contract parameters when large funds are at risk.

whisp8
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have a nano s and it’s been solid… but it’s hard to now trust a company who has absolutely horrible infosec as demonstrated in the recent dapp fiasco.

You don’t rotate your GitHub password when an engineer leaves, but you make really good bitcoin wallets? It’s hard for me to reconcile this.

flipyflop9
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Something tells me big part of the fud comes from workers of other companies, because they keep repeating time and time again things that are not true about the hacks.

pr0z1um
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If you btc only user then you should use more secure Bitcoin only wallets, not ledger. One of them: Coldcard, Seedsigner. Use airgapped only wallets & you will sleep well 👌

Don’t trust, verify!

MFKDGAF
      Gast
      Up
      Down

After this week I figured to give my Trezor Model T another try and I must say, the Trezor software is a piece of hot garbage.

Anytime I wanted the software to interact with my Trezor, I had to reboot my computer for the software to see my Trezor. The software would either not see the Trezor or the Trezor bridge was not running.

Let alone, to upgrade the firmware was a PIA. I followed the instructions, unplugged, plug back in while moving your finger across the screen. I would get the Trezor to asking me if I wanted to upgrade but Trezor software kept saying to restart the Trezor.

Then in order to interact with the web browser I need another piece of software, like WTF!?!?

For as much hate that Ledger gets, they have a better software product (minus the tracking) than Trezor.

ididntsaygoyet
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I literally bought another Ledger recently and consolidated onto that one. F the FUD. There’s no way someone can get into this thing. I did the security steps right this time and didn’t broadcast my seed online, which I’m pretty proud of. Learned a lot from 2017 mistakes.

Electrical_Carob_319
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I am stocking it out as well. Looked at other wallets and came up with the same conclusion

Disastrous-Minimum-4
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It is pretty messed up – I have one and I am scared shitless to ever use it. Next time I log in if will be to move it all somewhere else. Hopefully it will be just to sell BTC at some crazy all time high. That fuckup is beyond what a company with their mission should ever allow. They had one job!

Athexis
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I like ledger but it’s not a bad idea to have another wallet. I have Trezor as well.

IndependentSwan2086
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have a nano X and will keep it

Resident-Dot-9614
      Gast
      Up
      Down

maybe time to diversify our cold storage just like the way we diversify out assets. Like a High Availability systems. But if your assets are hacked while in the exchange, I think at least you can sue. If your assets is gone while using ledger, nothing you can do at this point.

FalconCrust
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It seems to be one thing after another with these jokers. I’ll sleep better when I (eventually) dump this trinket and get something from more serious people. I hate that I don’t even trust their seed generation anymore and will have to start fresh with a new hardware wallet and new seed from scratch.

DecisionGreen6242
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m confused … One of ledgers employees was phished due to their own negligence and because of that customers lost hundreds of thousands of dollars yet you aren’t concerned.

I stuck with ledger through several debacles but this was the straw that broke the camels back for me. No single employee should have the authority to cause the amount of damage this one caused.

pompousUS
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The fud on this sub is ridiculous

I ain’t going anywhere

Ant1sociaI
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I switched and my heart didn’t stop when I read the the news yesterday

road22
      Gast
      Up
      Down

There are a lot of companies in competition in cold wallets such as ledger.

They want to move into the market and need to make ledger look bad.

traviszzz
      Gast
      Up
      Down

you are not very smart then.

All these new data points are still not convincing that Ledger is very poorly run company? why would you still trust them?

silverGameOfThrone
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Just move to Trezor bro . It’s open source , not private with back doors like Ledger . Best !

weedium
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m with you. All I do is deposit at this time anyway.

EssentialDuude
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Keeping my ledger as well. To buy another hot wallet will be around $60-100. Then moving all my coins to new wallet and transactions. Another $1-100 dollars (depending on ETH and BTC network congestion).

Seems like a hassle. I wouldn’t want to import and want to start fresh.

King-esckay
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have 2 wallets ledger and tangem, I also have some on an exchange used as collateral for a loan

According to the FUD I’m doomed

LuganoSatoshi
      Gast
      Up
      Down

stoped reading when you say your a bitcoin maxi and dont even own a node plus sparrow wallet.

Maxis know how to be really safe and you DONT.

dougmike770
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Fixing these issues helps for better security in the future i believe

TheWilsons
      Gast
      Up
      Down

>If someone hacks trezor or cold card (somehow), what will you do? go back to ledger?

Best thing to spread the risk to different sources.

KangarooQuiet
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Stay away from Ledger

kidflashonnikes
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The cope is not open sourced. For anyone reading this comment it’s pretty simple, if the code is not open sourced – you should never use it in this case when it comes to storing your money. You have no idea what the software looks like and what back doors are available. For the love of God please do not use any hard ware wallet if it is not open sourced. It’s that easy

abhilodha
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No new user is buying ledger…
      How would company get money for firmware upgrade

ibbe6242
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Is it the new update that makes me turn on blind sign in Solflare trx? Before the recent firmware update, I didn’t ask to enable blind signing.. anyone notice that ?

mcr55
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Everyone has the bitcoin they deserve to have.

Massive-Computer8738
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ledger has problems but there is risk with using any hosted wallet. You can randomly select an address on your own. You will need to store the key. There will be no seed phrases. There will be no third party vendor risk.

00Dragonborn00
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Correct me if I am wrong here. I don’t want to upgrade my firmware as I don’t want them to have my recovery phrase. If I don’t upgrade, there is a chance I could be hacked if I use any Dapps

Puzzleheaded-Soft435
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Can they extract seed from the ledger? Without my input?

G_AD
      Gast
      Up
      Down

What would you do if BTC were stolen in this hack and unfortunately, you were impacted, i-e your BTC were also among hacked coins? 🤔
      Serious question

Note that None of my funds are lost. 🙏

ghost_62
      Gast
      Up
      Down

i use the Guardian function from MultiversX chain. means no one can steal ya money even wirh seed phrase stolen. because 2FA required for transactions. but its an extra layer od security. just check xportal app. will je world wide leader . just try it and love it. Guardian is actualy work only for their own tokens. Ethereum etc with most scams worldwide wont. Buy EGLD and be wealthy next bull run

Full-Function-8427
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Posted by ledger ceo

mpgipa
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It’s not the first time they got hacked. They have a huge data breach couple of years ago.

TempiAloha
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have been slowly moving my assets off Ledger. I don’t see it as any more secure than Trust wallet now, and is more complicated for getting staking rewards.

Ansicht von 48 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.