Home Foren Ledger Wallet Ich werde mir vielleicht bald ein Ledger zulegen, bin mir aber nicht sicher, wie ich mein Saatgut lagern soll. Was denkt ihr?

• Dieses Thema hat 27 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 2 Wochen, 2 Tage von EccentricDyslexic.
Ansicht von 27 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Hallo!

Ich habe mir überlegt, wie ich mein Saatgut lagern möchte und bin zu folgendem Schluss gekommen.

1 physische Lagerung :

24 Wörter aufgeteilt in zwei Teile. Erster Teil an Ort A // Zweiter Teil an Ort B speichern

Beide Orte sind meilenweit voneinander entfernt

1 Online-Speicher :

24 Wörter in zwei Teile geteilt und nie zusammen. Erster Teil in Wolke A // Zweiter Teil in Wolke B speichern

Unterschiedliche E-Mail-Adressen für den Zugang zu Cloud A und B. Das Saatgut wird mit steganografischer Technik unter Tausenden von Dateien versteckt, die bereits in Cloud A und B gespeichert sind.

Was ich mag ist:
      – Es erfordert nicht viel kompliziertes Zeug wie Verschlüsselung oder zusätzliche Komplexität, ich muss mir nur 2 Online-Speicherorte (Dateien) und 2 Offline-Speicherorte merken.
      – Wenn der physische Speicher kompromittiert/zerstört wird. Der Online-Speicher ist noch da und umgekehrt.

Ich weiß, dass Seed Phrase niemals online gespeichert werden sollte, aber ich sehe nicht so viel Risiko bei dieser Einrichtung, da sie versteckt und aufgeteilt ist.

Was meinen Sie dazu?

DigitalCoinz
      Gast
      SubstantialBuffalo40
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You are over complicating it. You’re going to lock yourself out of your own funds.

Just write down the seed, physically. Stamp it in metal, get a cryptosteel, etc. give it to a trusted family member or friend.

And then use a passphrase. Commit this to memory. You could write this down as well, but don’t ever give it away.

Nobody has access to your funds, unless they get your passphrase. Even if you give your 24 words to a friend.

Brandulak
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Just use a passphrase and don’t overcomplicate things. A good multi-word passphrase that only you can know and won’t ever forget makes the standard seed phrase unusable even if it’s compromised.

poisito
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If you are really overthinking how to do this … have you also thought about buying the AkrB ETF that is less risky than splitting your seed phrase ?

DarkSov
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Split your seed into 3 parts, 8 words each. Make 3 notes, each of them should include 2 parts out of 3. Keep them in different places, so you’re safe if one of them gets exposed/destroyed

Vegetable-Ad7263
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Steel sheet where you stamp in the corresponding seed numbers… BUT add your favorite number to each value.
      E.g. “amazing” = BIP 39 value of 63
      Your favorite number is 42
      63+42= 105 ( or BIP word Artist)
      So you stamp 105 in the sheet instead of the real value 42.
      This is then STILL a form of 2 factor authentication ( what you have + what you know)
      If the value you get is larger than 2048, then subtract 2048 (start over at 1).

JohnnyDoGood98
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have mine in a safe deposit box. This will be different for everyone but it’s 10x more safer than in my house. Period. Sure the box could get wrongfully drilled, so my house could get broken into, burn down..there was already a flood at my apartment and a fire. I keep mine in a waterproof fire resistant bag in the vault. I don’t believe in home safes either.

Coininator
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Just add a passphrase and get two hardware wallets, one stored outside of where you live.

Make sure someone knows where to find seed and passphrase in case something happenes to you. Keep seed and passphrase at different locations.

According-Ad-2594
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I got a bit box jade and two crypto steel seed storage cylinders for under £100. Bury one and put the other one in a wall or under floorboards something. Fire proof, flood and rust proof. Works for me.

thetdy
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m a fan of TailsOS for a secure environment to encrypt my seed as a QR code. Print as many as I want and store them wherever. If you’re nervous about key pair management then probably don’t go this route. I’ve been using the same key pair for almost 20 years now without issue for emails, verification, 2fa backup and also crypto seeds. Do what you want but the idea of storing your seed in plain text at multiple locations is just as crazy as storing them digitally to me. And paying $50-$100 for steel to store plain text is not for me. Adding the passphrase to your 24 words is ok but you still have to have a sufficient enough passphrase for good protection and the rest of your seed is still exposed. At that point if you’re already having to memorize the additional passphrase then might as well set it up with a key pair to encrypt the rest of the seed phrase. There’re really only 3 options that should be used, paper with passphrase, metal with passphrase, and encryption with passphrase.

globals33k3r
      Gast
      Up
      Down

What will Quantum computing do tho

andrevanroon
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Make a table with 10 rows and 6 columns. In each column you put randomly chosen BIP39 words, except four words. These are the words of your seedphrase, and you place them in your pincode order in the table. For example your pincode is 1 8 3 6. In every column words 1, 8, 3 and 6 are your words. You only have to remember your pincode!

brianddk
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Your keys, your choice, whatever you decide is fine, for you.

My solution is:

1. Disaster fallback: Shuffled seed in safety box, with ordering in my last will.
      2. Fallback: In my notebook, in my bomb-shelter, behind dehydrated water
      3. Easy Access: Memorized, by me and all members of my spouse

Juankestein
      Gast
      PapaPsix
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Instead of having your seed written on the piece of paper, there is a [Stealth Seed storage solution](https://chillon.tech/) available in pre-production stage. Check it out.

flyflyflyfly66
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Splitting the seed is great idea. Putting it online is not. Keylogger and your funds are gone. I’d never dream of typing seed into any device (unless it on tails when you need to create scrupt). I even close the windows, cover cameras, and shield my ledger when I’m typing the seed into that

Just make multiple copies (spilt) and store in multiple locations if you want redundancy.

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Don’t over-complicate.

Avoid putting the seed on the internet unless you know exactly what you are doing, and how you encrypt it safely (which is not that simple).

Make sure your next-of-kin can have access i.e. document the process fully. Could also be useful in case you get a small accident causing memory loss.

Most people that I know who lost their seed phrase fall into those categories:

1. they only had one copy, which was accidentally lost/discarded/destroyed. Usually during a house move. In some cases, accidentally discarded by their mom, house-maid, etc, or thrown away with other stuff in the bin by ex-wife.
      2. they used “smart tricks” to encode / encrypt their seed phrase, and after several years, they forgot the tricks, making the seed un-recoverable
      3. thy use an optional bip39 passphrase that they forgot to backup, and after some years they totally forgot what passphrase they used.

sparky0602
      Gast
      Up
      Down

lol just write it down store it in place you wont forget locations. mine in weather /fireproof lockbox

bondyski
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Tattoo it on your ar5e. If someone sees it, you’re likely being fckd anyway.

cge29
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Took me two months of practice to remember the 24 word seedphrase. Using a visualisation technique I saw from Derren Brown. I practice it everyday…basically close my eyes and say the phrase to myself. Nothing wrote down anymore physically or electronically…all in my head.

loakie_1
      Gast
      Up
      Down

People with the metal sheet idea….it’s 2024. Use an offline computer. Encrypt it. Then even email the encrypted file to yourself so you’ll have access to it anywhere at anytime and don’t have to worry about physically losing it.

If people don’t trust encryption, why put any faith in to cryptocurrency?

Reccon0xe
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I think 24 seed in full, in metal, hidden in a couple places BUT WITH A PASS PHRASE is good security, make sure the passphrase is not on any password list and you’re good. I dont like the idea of splitting up seed words and defo not having any of it online.

Admirable-Vanilla-27
      Gast
      Up
      Down

My approach was to put the seed phrase in a text file and put that file onto two different encrypted flash drives. I then stored the passwords to each in my LastPass. A malicious user would need both the password and physical device to get my seed phrase. This is why I’m not worried about a data breach. Plus I believe LastPass uses incredibly secure encryption protocols so if data is compromised the passwords and what not are safe. It works for me and I have had no second thoughts about it.

Oh and of course both drives are at two very distant geographical locations.

nguava
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Give it to me and I can handle it

YellowstoneJohn
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Don’t get a ledger
      I bought 2, and they fell apart in my hands. Buttons stopped working.

Get a Trezor T
      And use the Shamir Backup they offer.

From google

“Shamir backup is a method for securely splitting a recovery seed while adding an element of redundancy. For example, with Shamir backup it is possible to have a 3-of-5 recovery seed, where the user writes down 5 lists of recovery words, and later needs only 3 of those lists to recover the wallet.”

I think it’s overkill,
      Trezor uses a 4 digit PIN code, and a Passphrase, separate to the seed phrase.

btc_clueless
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The golden rule of this sub is to never ever save the seed digitally. I know I know, this might be a bit extreme, and split up (as you suggest), it might be fine, but still. Personally, I would write down the seed (paper or crypto steel). I’d split it up with the 2 of 3 shares method, where you split it into three overlapping parts and any 2 of those 3 pieces give you the full seed (in case you lose one of them): [https://forum.blocktrainer.de/uploads/default/original/2X/b/bc4ef5cf08ed727feb57548db0c54a235cc46abf.png](https://forum.blocktrainer.de/uploads/default/original/2X/b/bc4ef5cf08ed727feb57548db0c54a235cc46abf.png)

If you are worried you might be losing more than one of the three pieces, then you can always have multiple copies and keep them in separate places.

Another advice is: don’t overcomplicate it. There have been endless accounts here where people outsmarted themselves: hiding the device or seed in a place and not remembering where. Or putting the seed onto an encrypted drive and then forgetting the password for it. Or once there was a guy who insisted to build a “memory palace” to memorize his seed and destroy any copies of it. Good luck with that. There’s a good chance that you might not need or look at the seed for years. So make sure that when you actually need to access it in the future, you will be able to without problems.

EccentricDyslexic
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Advice is not to split the seed, but hide it where it is not obvious nor what it is if found. You could write a story, that includes your words, and note down separately in what position those words are and how to put it together to make the seed.

Ansicht von 27 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.