Home Foren Ledger Wallet Ist die Anschaffung eines Ledgers im Hinblick auf die bevorstehenden Vorschriften in der EU sinnvoll?

• Dieses Thema hat 6 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 11 Monaten von SpinelessChump.
Ansicht von 6 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich überlege gerade, mir einen Nano X zuzulegen. Aufgrund der bevorstehenden Regelungen des Europäischen Parlaments bin ich jedoch besorgt, ob es noch Sinn macht, einen Ledger zu bekommen.

Hier ist die offizielle Presseerklärung:
      [https://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/press-room/20220324IPR26164/crypto-assets-new-rules-to-stop-illicit-flows-in-the-eu](https://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/press-room/20220324IPR26164/crypto-assets-new-rules-to-stop-illicit-flows-in-the-eu)

Abi1i
      Gast
      Up
      Down

These regulations just show that the European Parliament doesn’t understand crypto since all (except one or two cryptocurrencies) crypto transactions are saved to a publicly available ledger. Get a Ledger Nano X if you’d like or not. These regulations are pointless and are designed to create an image of crypto that they’re some mysterious thing when they’re more transparent than most modern currency and the current banking system.

FYI, owning a ledger does not “move” your crypto off the blockchain and on to a device. Think of using a ledger device as a YubiKey for your crypto almost or a 2FA device.

rufus2785
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Read your own article. This is a draft for proposed legislation. It a law, not even necessarily being adopted.

Nothing has changed as of now.

snake_py
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Not seeing how this will impact ledger?

Quote:
      The aim is to ensure that crypto transfers can be traced and suspicious transactions blocked. The rules would not apply to person-to-person transfers conducted without a provider, such as bitcoins trading platforms, or among providers acting on their own behalf

nebra1
      Gast
      Up
      Down

When does this go into an effect?

KulderZipke0
      Gast
      Up
      Down

A HW store for your keys is the safest option. This has nothing to do with regulations. Regulation have nothing to do with how and where you store your key(s) Equally for your Fiat safe.

SpinelessChump
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It makes sense to get a cold wallet regardless of EU regulations.

If this thing goes through you’ll likely end up having to tell your exchange (and guess who the exchange will forward it to) the identity of the owner of every address you send crypto to. Like name, address, social security nr, god knows what else. It means that your gov’t will know what addresses belong to you.

So I’d move all of my money out of exchanges before this absurdity is put in place, if it ever does. Which means I’d start doing it as soon as I can.

Ansicht von 6 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.