Home Foren Trezor Wallet Ist eine Wiederherstellungslösung erforderlich?

• Dieses Thema hat 9 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 9 Monaten, 1 Woche von Maleficent_Pilot_962.
Ansicht von 9 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich war im Begriff, einen Trezor One zu kaufen, aber bevor ich mich abmeldete, forderte er mich auf, eine Wiederherstellungslösung wie die Cryptosteel Capsule Solo zu kaufen. Ich habe ein paar Fragen.

Empfehlen Sie auch den Kauf einer solchen Lösung? Wenn ja, welche?

Wenn ich das Trezor Model T kaufe, brauche ich dann noch eine Wiederherstellungslösung?

Lassen Sie mich wissen, was Sie denken und ob Sie eine verwenden oder nicht. Vielen Dank!

lanjelin
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Depends on how much your Trezor holds, how afraid you are to lose it all if something happens to it.

At least have it stored on a paper in a safe location.

I recommend something like [stainless steel washers](https://www.econoalchemist.com/post/backup) for a cheap and easy solution, that would survive fires, floods, and most you can throw at them. Store them in a safe place as well, away from prying eyes.

simonmales
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You Trezor and you paper written recovery seed mostly won’t last a house fire. But one of the metal solutions might.

But you can always order one later too.

JeffWest01
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You can buy a bolt, nut, an engraving pen, and some stainless-steel washers and make your own version of that.

edit: yes, you should store your seed words that way.

Yodel_And_Hodl_Mode
      Gast
      Up
      Down

A recovery system isn’t necessary, but it’s incredibly wise.

Let’s say you buy a hardware wallet. Your hardware wallet will create a seed phrase for you using 12 or 24 words. Those seed words actually represent numbers (they’re from a list of 2048 words). Those words are your master key.

The important thing to understand is this: If your hardware wallet is lost, stolen, damaged, etc… if anything goes wrong with that device… you have no worries at all if you still have your seed words. Just buy a new hardware wallet and input those same seed words. The new device finds all of your coins. Nothing is lost.

That’s why the most important thing you’ll ever do in crypto is secure your seed words.

A metal backup system is mostly to protect your words in case of a fire, a flood, or anything else that could damage the paper you wrote your seed words on.

I back up my seed words on paper and metal. When I set it up years ago, it seemed unnecessary, and I’ve never needed it, but I’m so glad I have it.

Think about your hopes and dreams for your crypto. Think about why you’re buying it and what you hope it will become. Don’t think about how much it’s worth today. Think about how much you hope it will someday be worth. That’s why it’s so important to protect it with a metal backup.

Be safe!

No-Bed3978
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Tinyseed is a good one imho

djinntsu
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You can always store the recovery seed in a password database like KeePass that you keep backed up to the cloud. The cryptosteel capsules etc are superfluous and not needed not to mention the security concern of someone finding/robbing/stealing it from you that now have complete access to your wallet’s seed phrase.

Edit: Full disclosure I actually have a cryptosteel capsule for my Trezor but I applied a cipher to it so what’s actually stored in the capsule isn’t my real seed phrase to prevent the security concern I outlined above.

Foreign-Inspector217
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have a trezor and it is good by its self.

DarwinsTheory4Real
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You have to keep your seed phrase somewhere. Otherwise, you can loose everything on the device: it gets run over, your 5 year old decides it looks like a nail and they have the hammer, you lose it…

The favorite backups (non-steel) are lastpass, 1password, Norton, Nordpass, or any other password security app that is cloud based. I personally use 1password since I’ve had it for many years on my Apple devices.

So the answer is generic: Use something to backup your seed phrase. You decide if that’s an app or a physical device.

Maleficent_Pilot_962
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Which wallet you choose is irrelevant in terms of having a good backup. The Trezor Model T just like any other wallet can be lost, damaged, stolen or simply refuse to cooperate after a few years… So it is worth considering buying a recovery phrase (seed) backup device, and in this category Cryptosteel Capsule is a great choice.

Ansicht von 9 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.