Home Foren Ledger Wallet Ist es besser, ein schwaches/kurzes 25. Sicherheitswort zusätzlich zu einer 24-Seed-Phrase zu haben, als gar kein Sicherheitswort?

Ansicht von 9 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Wenn Sie ein 25. Sicherheitswort festlegen, geben Sie es dann durch alphanumerische Eingabe in das Ledger mit diesen beiden Tasten ein?

Wie schwierig ist es zu bedienen? Müssen wir es jedes Mal manuell eingeben, wenn wir das Gerät entsperren, oder bleibt es bei der PIN?

Hinzufügen:

Ist dieses “Sicherheitswort” tatsächlich Teil des Seed, oder ist es nur wie ein Pin/Pass, der den zugrunde liegenden 24-Wort-Seed öffnet?

Wäre ein schwaches/kurzes 25. Sicherheitswort sicherer als gar kein Sicherheitswort hinzuzufügen?

instant_king
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Good question. I guess it depends what use case you are trying to protect against.
      If your seed phrase is leaked on internet and accessible by skilled people, it is likely they would try to brute force your passphrase next and in that case of course the more complicated your passphrase is, the better.

If your passphrase is to address a potential burglary, then odds are that your passphrase protection will give you enough time to move funds to another wallet, even if it is an average difficulty (8-12 characters with random numbers and letters could be nice)

Mission-Disaster-447
      Gast
      Up
      Down

One possible setup: 
      You deposit some (comparatively low) amount of crypto on the address associated with your seed (without the passphrase). But you deposit the majority of your crypto on an address associated with your passphrase.

That way, if the small amount on the seed gets stolen, you have got some time to move your other assets on the passphrase account to a new seed.

With this setup the complexity of your passphrase determines the time you have to move your passphrase assets.

fumez23
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Short answer, yes. The word phrase is attached to a different seed phrase, then the one you enter on the ledger device. So long as you remember the word or phrase with its proper caps and original seed phrase, then you’ll be pretty damn secure all in all.

I use the main account for interacting with exchanges and then the 25th word account for long term holdings. This way, if my seed were to become compromised for whatever reason, the majority of my funds are still safe on that secondary account.
      I hope that makes sense.

Atomic_RPM
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Define weak

PretendNebula2063
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I think what is more important is not opening emails when you don’t know who they are from, same with a text msg. I get the Kate from ledger emails I’ve never even opened those, they all get deleted.

Zombie4141
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yes

iam_pink
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Well it can’t be worse. It’ll be better by a small margin, depending on how weak we’re talking.

Maximum_Donkey6210
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The answer is yes of course. Why is this even an argument lol? If you have even the word “hello” as a passphrase. It’s bettsr than 24 words. 

Jim-Helpert
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hey, not at all, adding a 25th word, also known as a passphrase, to your 24-word recovery phrase can indeed enhance the security of your Ledger device. This passphrase is entered alphanumerically on the Ledger device using the two buttons. It’s important to note that this passphrase is case-sensitive and can include special characters.
      The passphrase is not required every time you unlock your device with your PIN. It’s only needed when you want to access the accounts protected by this passphrase. If you set up a passphrase, you’ll have two PINs: one for the accounts protected by the 24-word recovery phrase alone, and another for the accounts protected by the 24-word recovery phrase plus the passphrase.

Remember, if you forget your passphrase, the accounts protected by it will become inaccessible, so it’s crucial to keep it safe. For more information on how to use a passphrase, you can refer to this guide: [https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005214529-Advanced-passphrase-security](https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005214529-Advanced-passphrase-security)

Ansicht von 9 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.