Home Foren Ledger Wallet Ist es sicherer, auf Metamask zu wechseln?

Ansicht von 8 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich erwäge wirklich, meine Gelder zu nehmen und sie zurück zu Metamask zu transferieren (neu eingerichtet natürlich).
      Ist das von einem Sicherheitsstandpunkt aus ein vernünftiger Schritt oder würden Sie argumentieren, dass Ledger immer noch besser als Metamask ist?
      Auch welche Hardware-Wallets sind jetzt am besten zu verwenden?

uwu2420
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No, it’s not safer to transfer to Metamask. This was a js library that was included in lots of dapps, so any user of those dapps, regardless of how you sign transactions, would have been affected. That said, you should probably look into what it is a hardware wallet actually does, so you have a better understanding of what it is it protects you from and what it does not.

fairysquirt
      Gast
      Up
      Down

try rabby wallet, then you can revoke from within the wallet and don’t need to connect to revoke cash

Emulix
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The hack is behind us now. Keep your crypto safe on an adress you don’t interact on web3 with. Metamask has it’s own flaws as well.

robomartin
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I don’t think it would help. There was a guy here who got drained for using one of the affected dApps (revoke.cash), and he wasn’t using a Ledger.

It’s my confidence in Ethereum (and Web3) that is more rattled.

I use revoke.cash from time to time myself.

bibimbap0607
      Gast
      Up
      Down

After all Ledger recent misses I would even start considering exchanges as a safe place. It’s crazy I know but my trust in Ledger went almost to zero. I am legitimately worried for my coins.

I think Trezor is a good wallet if you use a lot of coins. Then there is Bitbox02 that also quite reputable wallet. Keystone also looks nice. For Bitcoin purists there is Coldcard Mk4 which looks like an actual ultimate cold vault solution.

So there are solutions available on the market. I might be getting Trevor Safe 3 or Keystone this Christmas. Both look like solid wallets to me.

However the whole thing made me doubt hardware wallets overall. Maybe it’s better to go some TailsOS way or something. Not sure, I am still looking into a good solution.

Coeruleus_
      Gast
      Up
      Down

lol let me put all my money on metamask lol

Sonicthoughts
      Gast
      Up
      Down

That would be ironic because metamask had the same library hack.

pringles_ledger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hey – From a security standpoint, Ledger devices are designed to provide a high level of security for your crypto assets. They isolate your private keys in a secure chip, making it difficult for hackers to access them. While Metamask is a reputable wallet, it’s a software wallet and thus more susceptible to online threats. Each has its own features and advantages, so the best one depends on your specific needs. More info here: https://www.ledger.com/academy/topics/security/what-is-a-software-wallet

Ansicht von 8 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.