Home Foren Ledger Wallet Ist Ledger immer noch der Platzhirsch im Kühlhaus?

Ansicht von 30 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Hallo zusammen,

Ich habe einen alten Nano S, aber wie ich sehe, werden sie nicht einmal mehr verkauft.

Ich bin immer wieder in Krypto und war auf der Suche nach einem aktualisierten Kältespeicher Gerät zu bekommen, aber ich sehe eine Menge Hass gegenüber Ledger online gerade jetzt.

Sind sie noch sicher zu verwenden….ist der Nano X ein guter Kauf, oder sollte ich für die Stax warten?

Ist der Touchscreen der einzige wirkliche Unterschied zwischen den beiden. Ich bin mir nicht sicher, ob das genug ist, um den Preis zu rechtfertigen, da ich es immer noch an meinen PC und mein Telefon anschließen muss, um es zu bedienen, also wird es sowieso einen Touchscreen haben lol.

Danke für die Infos!

grandphuba
      Gast
      Up
      Down

There were two things that put Ledger on the top before:

1. Breadth of networks it supports.
      2. The notion that it uses a secure element from which a seed nor the derived keys cannot be exported.

1 is still true to this day. 2 has been shown to not be the case anymore nor was it ever was. While you did need to have some level of trust to accept 2 (and perhaps the supposed audits they brag about in marketing; though I never have seen them) before, the fact they have misled people (nevermind the data breaches) makes one question if one should keep trusting them.

It’s up to you to decide whether you think you should stick to Ledger, just don’t ignore that factor of trust, let alone proselytize to others that nothing has changed.

bje332013
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m not sure if Ledger was ever “top dog,” but there is little doubt in my mind that their stubborn insistence on rolling out Ledger Recover on the Nano X and S Plus has alienated the trust of a significant portion of their existing customers. I am also pretty sure that most would-be Ledger customers were driven toward competitors as a result of the aforementioned decision, Ledger’s stupid refusal to even consult its customers about what they want, and how they contradicted claims they had made about their devices making it impossible for private keys to be extracted.

joannew99
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Absolutely not. Use a fully open source hardware wallet.

YaBastaaa
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Depends who you ask

Radical_hacks
      Gast
      Up
      Down

So, is my old school Ledger Nano S just the better Hardware wallet now since it can’t function this new recovery update?

tchofs
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Nano S is the best legder rn

It cannot be updated to support the recovery service.

DragonflyGloomy9768
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I won’t be buying another Ledger.

I had my Nano S for 5 years, used it a handful of times, the display has gone (when I installed the update) and even though it has been looked after, meticulously, Ledger won’t do anything. I don’t rate their products at all. I’m sure there are other cold wallets out there that will last more than 5 years.

Huxley_Orwell_n_Rand
      Gast
      Up
      Down

None of this considers the issue that they may have been forced into this debacle by EU or US LE to make the keys extractable by subpoena. Once the possibility of getting the keys is extant, it can be exploited by LE for their tyrannical purposes.

CarpetFull7518
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I wouldn’t touch ledger if I had it to do over again. They lost my support after saying they would give up info if a subpoena was served. That tells me they will give any info they have about you with a little bullying. Not worth spending your money on their products.

Dillydoooo
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yes. More idiots have lost their coins by being stupid to hackers and trolls than Ledger has.

Separate-Forever-447
      Gast
      Up
      Down

With the integration of “Recover” into all Ledger products, it isn’t a cold storage product anymore.

If you don’t care about that, but are interested in support for a wide variety of coins and tokens, then Ledger is still top dog.

GFOviedo
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No Ledger is not the best. I’ve got a brand new / sealer Nano X I bought as back up. Now is just paper weight.

r_a_d_
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The Ledger devices are the ones with the cleanest track record and have never been compromised even if they were one of the first players in the field. They are the only ones to actually implement their own software stack in the secure element. The only downside of that is that not everything is open-source due to NDA with the chip OEM. However, they had it certified and audited by third parties and all the “Nano Apps” that perform the higher level cryptocurrency functions are on github.

With that said, find the wallet that best fits your use case. Perhaps stay away from the ones that don’t use secure elements since they are always less secure.

Striking_Tangerine93
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I don’t think there is a clear winner. I think a lot users are upset about false claims Ledger was making and that they are trying to offer subscription services. But Trezor and Ledger both have their pros and cons. But either one should be fine. I would stay away from 2nd tier companies, but that is just my personal opinion.

MandyG6
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Keep the nano s as there is no option on that model for ledger to introduce the back door. It’s a winner.

PoPoChao
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I use ledger as one of my many wallets and it has served me well. I’d say it’s still a solid choice. You do you but I will always recommend doing multi sig for larger sums of your money, and ledger can be one of the most secure signers as a part of that process. My 2c

CeramicDrip
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No. Buy a Trezor instead. Thats what imma do

kinetic49
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Can you even consider ledger cold storage?

ExpressPen1479
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Not anymore since the cloud seed backup service was announced. They can pull your seed from the device with a simple firmware update which they originally said was “impossible” they lied. Use an open source wallet not ledger.

RookCustodian
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Never was. For BTC it would be Coldcard. Only reason some would think that is because it gets marketed well and you see celebrities showing it such as YG in the scared money music video.

crypt0kiddie
      Gast
      Up
      Down

They are as safe to use as they always have been.

Depends how much you trust the closed source firmware, til they decide to go open source.

OneTotal466
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Not entirely safe to use, but safer than all the others.

Mannagun
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Why did you have to asked this repetitive question?

All you’ll get are crying babies copying and pasting into GPT and posting back here.

Conversation are no longer organic.

Care_Novel
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Nano X no issues here

allmax5
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Use an old phone as a hardware wallet that doesn’t connect online. Ledger is done

funk-it-all
      Gast
      Up
      Down

no

pringles_ledger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hey – Ledger devices is still a cold storage wallet. When launched, Recover will be completely optional and require your explicit consent to be activated, we’ll never force you to use the service. If you don’t like the service, ignore it and continue using your device as before, you’re always in control

Also updating the firmware will not activate Ledger Recover service by Coincover. And this update does not give Ledger any additional access, so it does not compromise security. You can either choose to buy a Nano X or Stax if you’re planning to use your Ledger with your phone. We’d encourage you to check out the white paper for an in-depth overview of the service:
      https://blog.ledger.com/Ledger-Recover-White-Paper/

If you only plan on using it with your desktop then you can buy Ledger Nano S Plus which offers the same security and capacity as Nano X but does not have a battery and Bluetooth. This article will provide you with detailed information on different Ledger devices.
      https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015259693-Choose-your-Ledger-device

KuciMane
      Gast
      Up
      Down

yes. don’t listen to anyone who says otherwise

ledger is the only CW that has never been hacked.

G0DL33
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yes, ledger is still making crypto security hardware that works.

weedium
      Gast
      Up
      Down

IMO, yes. That’s really all you’ll get here, opinions. Open source means nothing when you can’t read and understand code. Then you still have to trust someone. Ledger has zero hacks, decent sized company based out of France. Not a six man company selling HW wallets. Also not a Chinese company.

Ansicht von 30 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.