Home Foren Ledger Wallet Ist Ledger live hackbar?

• Dieses Thema hat 7 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 8 Monaten von StrawberryMassive334.
Ansicht von 7 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Was, wenn jemand mein Tablet und mein Ledger X gestohlen hat.
      Wären sie in der Lage, Ledger Live zu öffnen, auf meine Münzen zuzugreifen und meine Münzen zu senden / zu stehlen?
      Was ist, wenn sie nur mein Tablet gestohlen haben?
      Ich kann mein Ledger Live auf meinem Tablet öffnen und Münzen ohne mein Ledger-Gerät senden/empfangen.
      Was schützt mich davor, dass jemand mein Tablet stiehlt und dasselbe tut?

kyle_thornton
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The key here is that you _can’t_ send coins without your Ledger device. Try it just to prove that to yourself!

Then while you’re trying it imagine if you were a stranger in that situation holding that ledger and that tablet. You’ll notice that the first thing the Ledger does is ask you for a PIN. If you get the PIN wrong 3 times in a row the device wipes itself back to factory settings. No way someone will guess your PIN in 3 tries so you’re totally fine even if someone steals all of your devices.

Nnooo_Nic
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Think is this like email but for money.

You have a money email address eg for bitcoin. Anyone can send money TO that address you don’t need to approve it.

Only someone with control of the private key IE those stored on your ledger can send money FROM that address.

The ledger and your seed phrase control the access to the private key and therefor the ability to send FROM that address.

If:
      1. If someone gets your seed phrase they can now send money FROM your addresses.
      2. If someone gets your ledger they can ONLY send money FROM your address if they can break your passcode or if Ledger devices have an exploit which allow them to be hacked.

When you send money FROM your ledger you are using your private key to sign a contract saying you approve that transaction. All ledger is doing is wrapping this up in a very secure way to prevent anyone from sending money out of your account.

It’s like having a laptop you only use for email that only you know the password to. You could use lots of devices and tell everyone the password but then they’d be able to send email on your behalf.

Gay4Pandas
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You have to have your ledger to send. Assuming your tablet locks when not in use, they would need the pin to unlock your tablet. Then they would need your ledger. They would also need the pin to unlock your ledger, which they only get 3 attempts. It would take a extremely gifted tech savvy thief to pull that off. Skilled enough I’m sure you don’t have enough money to be a target for them. Some random drunk at a part who swipes your table ain’t going to get shit.

RickRet
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Think of your tablet as an ATM machine. Then think of your Nano X as a Debit Card. Unless you store pins or passwords on your tablet (or foolishly taped to your debit card), you are home free. An added benefit is that your still (hopefully) secret seed phrase can restore your Crypto to a new or substitute Nano device making the original Nano useless to the thief, especially after they try to guess the pin unsuccessfully 3 times. To blow your mind further, if you recover the original Nano device totally intact, pin and all, it MAY BE like you never lost it. Or, just as they can do you can re-initialize it and start using it all over, but only as a new device for them. It gets deeper with regard to the permanency of a seed phrase, but only for those who know it. Pretty damned slick eh?

MedicineOk788
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I worry more about hypnosis. What if I went to a nightclub where the stage act was a hypnotist? What if I was a volunteer and allowed him to hypnotize me? What if he then commanded me to give him my passphrase as well as my seed phrase.
      I stay up nights worrying about this terrible possibility.

bje332013
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The person needs to know your PIN and/or seed phrase in order to use your hardware wallet. As long as you kept that secure, you should be fine, but you’ll obviously want to recover your crypto as soon as you realize that your stuff had been stolen.

StrawberryMassive334
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Did you store your seed phrase on the stolen tablet ?

Ansicht von 7 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.