Home Foren Ledger Wallet Ist mein nano s sicher?

Ansicht von 11 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich habe einen alten nano s von vor ein paar Jahren, den ich kürzlich ausgegraben habe. Die Seed-Phrase wurde immer nur in den nano s und auf Papier eingegeben, nie direkt in einen Computer oder abfotografiert, etc.

Bei all dem FUD über den neuen Wiederherstellungsdienst habe ich mich gefragt, ob es möglich ist, dass der Seed irgendwie nicht sicher ist?

Zum Wohl.

Over_War_2607
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Many people will tell you it’s safe… Many folks like myself who’ve been around for over 10yrs will tell you not your keys not your coins. I can also tell you that ledger lost my email address and other sensitive information in a data breach a few years ago and I’m still to this day getting weekly phishing attempts to my email. Luckily I’ve moved address since then but I’ve heard of people being kidnapped or getting knocks on their doors due to that HUGE breach. So even if I were to sign up to the recover feature (which I never would) how could I trust they wouldn’t lose my keys in another breach?
      Look its like this, if you have any concern, even 1% doubt in the back of your mind. Give yourself peace of mind and mover your crypto to a hard wallet that does not offer such an option. The fact that the option even exist is the grave concern here. Ledger is putting profit ahead of the number one rule, never share your keys with anyone, no one, ever, period. So with that, after nearly 8 yrs I’ve moved on from ledger, it’s bitter sweet indeed.

G0DL33
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If what you are insinuating was true, why would ledger announce recovery? Why wouldn’t they just quietly extract your keys and start funnelling funds?

Gabriel_Ledger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hi, if your 24 words are secure and were never copied into a computer or shared they are secure.

You can learn also in this article how to keep your 24 words secure [here](https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005514233-How-to-keep-your-24-word-recovery-phrase-and-PIN-code-safe-?docs=true)

Starcastle_Dreams
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I assume this is about sharding?

trezor saw an up stick in sales for a reason

depends on where you live and how many passports you have

KangarooQuiet
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Stay away from Ledger

Nice-Ear-4949
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Nope

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yes, your seed phrase should be safe if it is was never in contact with anything electronic, except the ledger device.

> “never into a computer directly”

directly? do you mean it was entered in a computer “indirectly”? Can you elaborate?

Supermanreturntoday
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Better off trusting in your govt

DryTechnology5224
      Gast
      Up
      Down

From my understanding, the regular nano s didn’t get the recovery service update, it’s only available on the nano s plus and nano x

pr0z1um
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It’s a matter of trust. If you trust Ledger then it may be secure. Source code is closed, firmware is not reproducible, so nobody can tell you how much secure these devices are 🤷‍♂️
      I think it’s not secure, I don’t trust Ledger.

PureIsometric
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You are safe and don’t fall for the fearmongering. Just stick to the basics.

Do not share your key, do not interact with contracts you do not trust, or try to cash out some random tokens sent to your account.

Ansicht von 11 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.