Home Foren Ledger Wallet Ist meine Ledger-Saatgutphrase gefährdet?

Ansicht von 8 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Hallo zusammen,
      Ich habe vor kurzem gesehen, dass Ledger Wallet Kunden nun die Möglichkeit gibt, ihre Wallet Seed Phrase zu teilen. Meine spezielle Frage ist, ob sie meine Seed Phrase ohne meine Erlaubnis weitergeben werden? Ist meine Seed Phrase immer noch privat und sicher bei mir? Gibt es irgendeine Möglichkeit, dass jemand meine Seed Phrase bekommen könnte (ohne einen klassischen Fehler meinerseits)? Gibt es mögliche Schwachstellen in diesem Datenschutzverfahren?
      Ich danke Ihnen allen für Ihre Gedanken.

Flynnst0ne
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Maybe

Jim-Helpert
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hey there, to clarify a few points, simply updating the firmware will not activate Ledger Recover service automatically. To opt-in Ledger Recover service, you need to go through a secure onboarding process.
      Even after activating your Ledger Recover subscription, your seed fragments will not be shared or sent unless you manually confirm it on the Ledger device itself. Ledger Recover does not have the capability to perform this action alone:
      [https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/11022833583261-Can-Ledger-and-Ledger-Recover-access-my-Secret-Recovery-Phrase-?docs=true](https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/11022833583261-Can-Ledger-and-Ledger-Recover-access-my-Secret-Recovery-Phrase-?docs=true)

You can have a deeper technical breakdown with this thread: [https://twitter.com/P3b7_/status/1659187049331654658?s=20](https://twitter.com/P3b7_/status/1659187049331654658?s=20)

Average_Life_user
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ledger could likely have your seed. Up to you if you trust them or not

herb78
      Gast
      Up
      Down

A possibility that the seed phrase can leave the secure element is a mistake. The door was made, opt in or opt out its there. Others can use it and get your keys. It’s better to be safe than sorry. It’s your choice

CorneliusFudgem
      Gast
      Up
      Down

no it’s not. if ur 24 words are safe, ur funds are safe. that’s it – that’s all.

u can choose to use ledger recover or not. it’s totally optional (people are being absurd).

basically imagine u go to the grocery store and they offer a new type of orange juice. would u say “screw that store” cause they wanted to offer another type of orange juice? maybe it has diff vitamins or diff price or proprietary blend.

basicallly people are mad that ledger gave “options” to users? i’m **NOT** going to use recover but my siblings and parents told me they totally will cause they don’t like to take care of their 24 words.

for me the 24 words are easy. for them it’s not. I don’t blame them, but at least ledger is giving option for people so they can feel comfortable.

I have no idea why people are so upset (and yes I understand how firmware works – if ur main gripe if firmware – I implore u to go ask any other hd hw wallet how they handle their firmware for each specific app – I’m sure you’ll **love** their answer [assuming they tell u the truth]).

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

TBH Your most likely to make a mistake and lose or leak your seed, rather than ledger doing this if especially if you don’t use their Recovery service.

dgcfus
      Gast
      Up
      Down

the answer is: we don’t know and is possible your seed has already been shared.

BusinessBreakfast3
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yes.

Ansicht von 8 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.