Home Foren Trezor Wallet Ist One im Jahr 2023 noch gut?

Ansicht von 10 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Im neu zu Krypto. Habe einige BTC und plane nicht, irgendwelche anderen Münzen zu haben. Ich denke über den Erhalt kalten Wallet und speichern Münzen in ihm. Das Wallet wird Jahre in meinem Regal stehen. Welchen Trezor sollte ich kaufen? Ist sicher 3 empfohlen oder ein wäre genug für Jahre halten?

simonmales
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The main thing you need to plan is safely storing your seed phrase. Then it doesn’t matter if whatever wallet you choose spontaneously combusts.

If you intend to hold BTC, Model 1 is fine. Safe 3 has USB Type C, which might be a little more future-proof. But I can’t imagine a world where you cannot find a micro USB connection in the future.

silverGameOfThrone
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Model 1 is all you need.

Correct-Choice177
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Get the safe 3

iHenkka
      Gast
      Up
      Down

..however, you can use a passphrase with the model one which brings ultimate security to the device since the passphrase is not stored on the device.

iHenkka
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have quite a high-value private key stored in the Model One and I started to feel a bit uncomfortable now with this crazy start of a bullrun. I have my seeds carved on a metal plate, stored in a bank vault (there is also an additional model 1 as a backup in the vault), but the actual device that I hold now I worry about. With a highly specialized “hands” / knowledge you can hack it open. (There are documents online about this if you want to Google it out. The documents don’t show you how to do it but that this is possible.). The model One doesn’t have the security element and the only device you can get from Trezor that has the security element currently is the safe 3. I’m thinking of getting the safe 3 and import my current Trezor wallet on it from the seeds. But this requires me to go to the bank vault and it’s a bit cumbersome. Also I’m thinking of getting another different (open source) manufacturer (Swiss made BitBox02) as well. It also has a secure element which is impossible to hack. Might as well divide the holdings between the two manufacturers.

TheQuantumPhysicist
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No. You can’t input a seed phrase without a computer. That’s not good for plausible deniability.

brianddk
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Given the choice I’d be the Trezor-S over the Trezor-1, but the T1 is definitely sufficient. Just depends on how paranoid you are. The T1 doesn’t allow on-device passphrase entry, but I think the TS does.

Cold_Routine1607
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Trezor is not an iPhone. As long as it gets updates, it will be enough. But model 3 doesn’t do too much either and it has at least USB 3 (and plenty of new safety features), so save a few bucks and go for 3.

My1xT
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I would say it depends on your threat model, if physical attacks (aka someone literally stealing your trezor and taking it apart) are not part of your threat model the one is fine. the TS3 has some neat extras like entering the PIN directly on device rather than the grid-thingy (which still is safe), but most importantly the secure element helps especially against physical attacks.

djkeithers
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I may be getting old, but I’m of the opinion that the simpler the wallet the better. I’m not into all the blutooth and all the added features of these newer ones. The Model T is about as “new” as I go.

I just want it to be safe and as dummy proof as possible, because I already know that I am a dummy.

Ansicht von 10 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.