Home Foren Ledger Wallet Jetzt, wo unsere Seeds mit dem nächsten Update kompromittiert werden sollen, welche Hardware-Wallet empfehlen Sie statt des beschissenen Ledger? Trezor war nicht benutzerfreundlich. Irgendwelche anderen Vorschläge? -das war der letzte Strohhalm für Ledger, zuerst sie “unbeabsichtigt” Leck unsere E-Mails $ Adressen, und JETZT DIES.

Ansicht von 14 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Nun, da unsere Seeds mit dem nächsten Update kompromittiert werden sollen, welche Hardware-Wallet empfehlen Sie statt der beschissenen Ledger? Trezor war nicht benutzerfreundlich. Irgendwelche anderen Vorschläge? -das war der letzte Strohhalm für Ledger, zuerst sie “unbeabsichtigt” Leck unsere E-Mails $ Adressen, und JETZT DIES.

Crypto-4-Freedom
      Gast
      Up
      Down

How do you mean trezor is not user-friendly?

TheHipHouse
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I am not defending ledger in any manner. But any wallet can extract the seed this has been the case forever. And it never became open knowledge until ledger came out with recover. So just because a wallet is open source doesn’t mean you will know 100% what’s in the coding all the time

Phodara
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have a Trezor and a Ledger. Trezor is the most user friendly wallet, and safe because it’s open source.

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

> Now that our seeds are to be compromised with the next update

Your seed are not compromised with the next update.

Iy you could demonstrate that they are, you could make a responsible disclosure to Ledger Donjon, and get a big bounty reward.

Known_Hippo4702
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have spent many years working with encryption based technologies, VPNs, RSA, Dual factor authentication, various forms of data encryption etc. The only experience I have with block chains and crypto wallets is as a consumer but I do see a couple fundamental problems with Ledger as a company:

1. They mislead their customer base with stupid marketing statements. I am not saying they did this intentionally.

2. They talk about a path to an open source product, which is pretty pointless if they’ve are still going to use a proprietary secure chip.

3. Their intention to ‘gently’ push their customer base into a subscription model. Will they in the future require a subscription?

My concern is with all the bad press and push back they have had, can they still survive as a profitable company.

From personal experience their support has been terrible.

I don’t know which is more secure or a better product (not necessarily the same thing) Ledger or Trezor. But whichever hardware wallet you have, don’t loose it. Once it’s out of your hands anything can happen and to any device!!! Please remember NOTHING is hack proof given an unlimited budget. Have a contingency plan for in case you do loose your wallet.

The rule of thumb is keep the cost to hacking a secure system greater than the value of what your securing.

My gut feeling is both Ledger and Trezor will get the job done and the security benefits of one over the other are negligible.

Blockchain crypto currencies are unforgiving, one mistake and you could loose everything. We still can’t predict or fully understand all the potential risks.

ProofPattern789
      Gast
      Up
      Down

i love the trezor. i only had ledger before. Just got my trezor and it’s great. I am splitting my assets 50/50 ledger and trezor.

The_Animator420
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I switched to BitBox02 and have enjoyed it so far

t81_
      Gast
      Up
      Down

How are compromised?

Athexis
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ledger is user friendly?

r_a_d_
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Why do you have to say such BS?

Explain to me how your seed is to be compromised… Walk me through it, step by step. I mean, if you are making such a bold statement, you must know exactly what you are talking about, right?

Let’s say I forgot my pin. Now tell me, how do I get the seed out of my Ledger Nano X? Do tell…

Extra_Island_7399
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ellipal

AdLeft7000
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Keystone?

AbeGURRITO
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Trezor model T it’s great , i think it’s very user friendly and open source on top of that 👌.. moved all my XRP from ledger to Trezor model T 🫡

notaduckipromise
      Gast
      Up
      Down

There’s GridPlus, but it’s $500 and not portable

Ansicht von 14 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.