Home Foren Trezor Wallet Kann Trezor in eine echte kalte Brieftasche verwandelt werden?

• Dieses Thema hat 11 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 3 Monaten von some-dingodongo.
Ansicht von 11 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Es ist allgemein bekannt, dass Hardware-Geräte wie Trezor/Ledger oft als “warme” Geldbörsen bezeichnet werden, da sie mit dem Internet verbunden sind. Ist es jedoch möglich, einen Trezor in eine echte “kalte” Geldbörse zu verwandeln, die komplett vom Internet getrennt ist?

Ich habe mit dem Gedanken gespielt, Trezorctl auf einem abgekapselten PC zu verwenden, um eine kalte Geldbörse zu erstellen. Der Prozess scheint einfach zu sein, aber ich bin etwas ratlos, was die praktischen Aspekte des Empfangens und Sendens von Geld angeht. Hat das schon jemand erfolgreich gemacht, oder ist Trezor von Natur aus so konzipiert, dass es immer verbunden ist?

slush0
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Trezor does not connect to the Internet.

Miadas20
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No, it’s not commonly understood that ledger or trezor are “warm” wallets. Nobody calls them that. If you don’t trust the security certifications or secure environment chips then go with the qr code keystone pro. There are a few airgapped signing devices out there so there’s no need to scheme or devise. Whatever problem you’re looking to dodge is likely just role playing like you said “toying.”

One-Frosting262
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Look into Seedsigner project, may be for you.

CokesAndTokes
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Trezors aren’t “warm wallets” they never connect to the internet, the device to interface with the trezor does.

You’re both completely safe and completely paranoid.

Global-Weight-6118
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m a cybersecurity architect, and I don’t run any air-gapped networks – your biggest risk is yourself. Trezor’s hardware wallet is secure – whether their company systems are hacked or not. Just practice good cyber hygiene. I recommend purchasing a Billfodl Muiltishard to store seed keys in your home vault or safe (with the appropriate ratings) along with your Trezor device.

For your email, just use a password manager, and update every 90 to 120 days (your password manager may tell you when it’s time to update them), sign-up for ‘ihavebeenpwned’ to be notified of compromise, and you’ll be fine. Again, you are the greatest risk to your data, not Trezor.

Side note on password manager, I use a separate passphrase to access the Vault where passwords are stored, but I also have 2FA enabled with FaceID, but sometimes, SMS with SIM protection, you have options.

Just be damn sure, youre backup your recovery codes to authenticator if using Google Auth, because once you upgrade your device, or lose that device, it’s a PITA to access your accounts again. Some folks use Authy – which can allow you to use multi-devices, but meh, I’ve been in cyber so long, I’m used to the bullsht. I recommend Google Auth that is locked to your device.

PhillyNJMusicMan
      Gast
      Up
      Down

That’s all BS. When your Trezor Safe 3 (just to name one) is quote “hooked to the Internet” it is but really isn’t. The cable is simply powering the device and Trezor Suite is the platform you’re doing transactions with while connected. However, every signature, log in etc is all being done on your device which is NOT ONLINE. Nothing you’re doing on your handheld device is being done on your computer or phone for anyone to steal, that’s the whole point to it being designed the way it is. Especially the Safe 3 which has the SE chip in the actual device. It is true cold storage. The air gap thing is truly more of a gimmick for the overly paranoid consumer. I wish more people understood this, because it really shouldn’t be that tough to understand if you already know a decent amount about Bitcoin and transactions. #BTC 👍🪙😎

G0DL33
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have no idea in practice, but I would expect you need access to the internet. Interacting with networks and such…

ArmchairCryptologist
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You can, with a third party wallet like Electrum on two computers, one of which is airgapped and one of which is connected to the internet. Link your Trezor on the airgapped one, then export a watch-only wallet for the internet connected one. You can then create transactions on the latter and sign them on the former.

This is a lot of hassle, though, and you really don’t have to. There is no indication that an updated Trezor is vulnerable to any sort of attack over USB.

UnlikelyAddendum
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Part answer

The Trezor Model T has a micro SD slot for offline signing capability, so maybe there is a possibility if using it. Unsure of their system, but I have used PC wallet software in the past with online / offline pc combo and USB sticks.

​

**THEORY**, unsure how Trezor offline signing works, computer or phone???

The online app could generate the transaction then you would export a transaction key onto SD card.

The Model T has a powerful processor so it would be the offline computer could import this transaction key saved on the SD card and you would sign it offline on the device.

The signed key on the SD card would then go back to the online computer to be imported then be broadcasted.

[Article mentioning offline signing](https://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/news/ampwire/trezor-model-t-crypto-hardware-wallet-digital-asset-storage-guide-released)

Fun-Character1500
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Warm wallet? Mine is cold as ice 🥶

some-dingodongo
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Factory reset phone. Install good open source wallet. Transfer crypto to wallet. Write down seed key. Delete wallet and factory reset phone. Store seed key as you would a cold wallet. Problem solved.

Ansicht von 11 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.