Home Foren Trezor Wallet Kritik an der Ersteinrichtung des Trezor T – Übersehe ich noch etwas (in Bezug auf die Sicherheit)?

Ansicht von 9 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

1) Bestellt von der offiziellen Website

2) Bestätigte Absenderadresse (Shipbob Fulfillment in Phoenix – Adresse überprüft)

3) Das Paket war versiegelt, der Inhalt des Kartons stimmte mit den Angaben auf der Trezor-Website überein. Keine physischen Manipulationen festgestellt.

4) Die Trezor-Suite wurde von Trezor.io/start heruntergeladen.

5) Firmware nur auf BTC eingestellt

6) Pin &amp erstellt; Shamir eingerichtet

7) Nach der Einrichtung den Trezor auf Werkseinstellungen zurückgesetzt

8) Erneute Einrichtung mit Shamir UND Passphrase, diesmal

9) Geldmittel sowohl an die Standard-Geldbörse als auch an die (versteckte) Passphrase-Geldbörse geschickt

10) Gerät erneut gelöscht und mit shamir & passphrase wiederhergestellt

11) Beide Konten wurden synchronisiert und zeigten an, dass Guthaben vorhanden war (Passphrase und Shamir wurden ausgecheckt)

12) ausgehende/eingehende TXs sowohl von der Standard-Geldbörse als auch von der versteckten Passphrase-Geldbörse gesendet. Die Überprüfung war in Ordnung.

Gibt es sonst noch etwas, das ich übersehen habe? Ich bin neu bei Trezor, aber nicht neu in diesem Bereich. Jedes Feedback ist willkommen!

brianddk
      Gast
      Up
      Down

* [My New Device Checklist](https://www.reddit.com/r/TREZOR/comments/gsv0in/heres_my_suggested_new_trezor_setup_checklist/)
      * [My Suggested Security Top 10](https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/qft7uv/10_things_you_should_probably_start_doing/)

Comparing my list to yours… a few things you missed.

1. Verify downloads – You MUST do a GPG check on Suite and ALL software you download from Trezor
      2. SD-Protect – Its pointless to buy the Trezor-T and not use SD-Protect.
      3. PIN code – You need two PINs. Actual PIN, Duress (wipe) PIN. If you have SD-Protect, pin can be short, if you don’t PIN must be at least 10 digits.
      4. TrezorCTL – Just in case Suite crashes, it’s good to know how to update firmware in TrezorCTL
      5. Learn how to do a Dry Run Recovery – Easier than wipe / reload
      6. Enable Account Labeling – Easy way to verify you have your passphrase correct
      7. Save off your `xpub` (or public-node-fingerprint) – Like labeling, useful for account recovery if things go wrong.
      8. [Pair Trezor to KeePass](https://www.reddit.com/r/TREZOR/comments/13ayybc/my_list_of_possible_replacements_for_trezors/) – Nice way to secure your passwords with hardware now that Trezor’s Password Manager is EOL.

OlympicHammer
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Very nice job!

JeffWest01
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You got it!

RunsOnJava98
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Nice job. That’s everything.

GiorgioVe
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Perfect.

Even more experienced users do not take the efforts and time to act as carefully as you just did,

kudos x10^77 to you sir.

Crypto-Guide
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Write down the passphrase somewhere…

RemyTheWhippet
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

[deleted]

LifeReboot___
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Aren’t you one of the guys sided with Ledger when I post in their sub warn about the risk of close sourced HW?

Well, anyway, I’m glad you did not continue to use Ledger. Now, back to your question, this depends on how many trust layers you want to remove from the entire process.

Most comments here recommend you to install firmware with trezor suite, which relies on the pre-installed bootloader to verify the firmware

If you want, you can go to the source and compile and install the firmware and the bootloader yourself, but of course that still mean you would have to trust the board loader (which is unflashable) and the hardware itself.

Ansicht von 9 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.