Home Foren Ledger Wallet Laut meiner Firewall ist die Windows Ledger Live-App mit IPs verbunden, die zu Amazon und Fastly, Inc. gehören.

• Dieses Thema hat 6 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 11 Monaten, 3 Wochen von Fair_Satisfaction515.
Ansicht von 6 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

TinyFirewall läuft auf dem Windows 10-Desktop und meldet, dass die Ledger Live-App mit zwei verschiedenen IPs verbunden ist, die zu Fastly, Inc. gehören ( 151.101.1.195 \[Brazil\] und 151.101.177.91 \[USA\]) und einer, der zu Amazon in Kanada gehört (18.234.32.150).

Gibt es einen legitimen Grund für diese Verbindungen?

Gast
      Up
      Down

Not to out of the ordinary for an app to contact 2 web infrastructure companies is it?

Not sure about Fastly specifically , but you’d be hard pressed to find something NOT hosted on AWS.

The program pulls in data from other sources and displays it(like price info and things like that) . I would guess that may be where some of the data is coming from.

SufficientNet9227
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Windows Ledger Live app is probably a fake ledger live only download ledger from official ledger website.

DiscipleOfMessiah97
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hopefully someone at Ledger will give an official response as to what these connections are, because the more I research the more concerned I am becoming that I picked the wrong hardware wallet as Ledger does not look to be respecting user’s privacy. Just doing research on their Ledger Live Android app and according to Exodus Privacy the app contains several hidden (i.e. not mentioned in Google Play permissions) background telemetry components including Facebook Flipper, Braze, and Adjust. See here: [https://reports.exodus-privacy.eu.org/en/reports/349581/](https://reports.exodus-privacy.eu.org/en/reports/349581/)

DiscipleOfMessiah97
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Now the firewall is showing Ledger making a fourth connection to 76.76.21.123 which apparently belongs to Vercel, Inc.

FYI: I’m using https://ipinfo.io/ to look up the IP addresses.

NewspaperBeginning10
      Gast
      Up
      Down

AWS. One of the main sources of income for Amazon is providing servers and IT for companies. A lot of companies use them because they’re either free or very low cost with quality services. Fastly does the same, web infrastructure. These are where you want to see connections go to, opposed to Google which would be very bad.

Fair_Satisfaction515
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Most likely running through CDN’s to Live network and be glad they are up-front stating they keep data as many letter agencies require companies to keep data. I wouldn’t worry about any unknown traffic as once the traffic leaves your ISP you have zero control on where it goes. Ledger neither has any control over where the traffic goes as well when heading to its destination.

Ansicht von 6 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.