Home Foren Trezor Wallet Ledger / Atomic Wallet Medien machen mich paranoid

Ansicht von 4 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich möchte die Paranoia als einen positiven Schritt betrachten, da sie bedeutet, dass ich mir Zeit nehmen muss, um meine Sicherheitseinstellungen zu überprüfen, damit ich mich wieder weniger paranoid fühle.

**Ein paar Fragen an die Gemeinschaft:**

* Was ist die beste Praxis für die Sicherung meines Trezor-Geräts, Seed/Passphrasen?
      * Wie lang sollte eine Passphrase idealerweise sein?
      * Ich fühle mich in letzter Zeit besonders paranoid. Wäre Jade/ColdCard eine bessere HWW-Option, da die Lösungen zu 100 % in der Luft liegen?
      * Erinnern Sie mich bitte noch einmal daran, wie ein Trezor verhindert, dass das Saatgut ausgesetzt wird, wenn es an einen Laptop angeschlossen ist.
      * Ich mache mir keine Sorgen über physischen Verlust/Diebstahl des Geräts, aber ich habe das Gefühl, dass ich SD-Protect aktivieren sollte, oder?

Ich könnte noch mehr sagen, aber ich glaube, ich suche vor allem nach einer Beruhigung, denn jedes Mal, wenn mein Trezor an meinen Laptop angeschlossen ist, stelle ich mir vor, wie eine Transaktion auf ihn übertragen wird und die Signierung & Übertragungsfunktionen ohne menschliches Zutun aufgerufen werden, und das macht mir Angst.

JitteryAltercation66
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Notice that both Atomic Wallet and Ledger are closed source. That being said, comparing the Ledger incident to the Atomic Wallet hack is unfair to Ledger.

To answer your questions:

>What is best practice for securing my Trezor device, seed/passphrases?

Either use a secure passphrase or ensure that no one except you gets physical access to your Trezor.

If possible, don’t enter the passphrase on your computer or phone and instead enter it directly on the Trezor. This can be a pain but it is worth it for the extra security.

> How long should a passphrase string be, ideally?

Around 18 characters assuming that they are not easily guessable.

> I’m feeling particularly paranoid as of late, would Jade/ColdCard be a better HWW option due to 100% air-gapped solutions?

To me, being open source is more important than being air-gapped. A non-open source air-gapped wallet could have malicious code from the beginning even if it is never updated.

A malicious hardware wallet does NOT need internet access to steal your coins because it could give you a predefined/predictable seed phrase or provide false addresses not actually associated with the chosen seed even if you manually enter a random seed.

That said, an open source air-gapped wallet is perhaps slightly more secure in the event of a malicious firmware update. If you choose to use a non-air-gapped wallet, you can mitigate this risk by only updating firmware when absolutely necessary.

> Please remind me again how a Trezor prevents the seed from exposure when connected to a laptop

This is enforced by the open source code.

> I’m not concerned about physical device loss/theft, but I feel like I should enable SD protect, have you?

Imo just using a secure passphrase is easier.

simonmales
      Gast
      Up
      Down

SD protect is exactly a countermeasure for loss/theft. If loss/theft is not in you security model, then you don’t need to consider it.

How does Trezor prevent seed exposure? It not designed to do so.

How do you know that? The code is available to all.

How to prevent a rug pull? The community needs to be vigilant and review the code that is written.

brianddk
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Trezor-T or Trezor-1

voodoofat
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Use multisig.

Safe.global

You can’t trust a single hardware wallet.

I have my safe connected to one hotwallet and 4 different hardware wallets and need 4/5 sigs to move funds.

Ansicht von 4 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.