Home Foren Ledger Wallet Ledger CTO Interview über Recover

• Dieses Thema hat 31 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 10 Monaten von GoodN0se.
Ansicht von 31 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich habe dieses sehr aktuelle Interview gefunden (auf Französisch, das ich nicht lesen kann, also habe ich es mit Google übersetzt). Der Typ weigert sich einfach, es zu verstehen. Selbst wenn er Recht damit hätte, Ledger zu vertrauen (was ich nicht glaube), muss er sehen, dass wir an diesem Punkt, unabhängig davon, wie wir hierher gekommen sind, niemals akzeptieren werden, dass sie wie geplant weitermachen; er lacht einfach über all die Kritik/Sorgen und schiebt es auf “böse” Leute auf Twitter usw:
      [https://www.thebigwhale.io/article/charles-guillemet-ledger-la-peur-autour-de-ledger-recover-est-totalement-irrationnelle](https://www.thebigwhale.io/article/charles-guillemet-ledger-la-peur-autour-de-ledger-recover-est-totalement-irrationnelle)

MementoMundi
      Gast
      Up
      Down

>Si la justice ordonne à deux fournisseurs (Ledger, Coin Cover ou Tessi) de fournir les morceaux qu’ils stockent, peut-elle prendre le contrôle du wallet d’un client ?
      Si des États le demandaient, d’un point de vue cryptographique, oui, c’est possible.

Most important part. I’m french, so you can trust my translation : CTO recognizes openly that if a governement ask for a seed, Ledger could provide it.

erict009
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Actually, he looks so confident, having all the seeds in his bag already! Wouldn’t surprise me after all.

evopty
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The Ledger Recover option costs 9.90 euros per month, which is quite expensive. Why such a price?

We did market research by asking people how much they were willing to pay to benefit from this type of feature. In the end, the rate we have chosen is the one that came out of this study.

Now, I think that for security tools it must not be too affordable. When you do bungee jumping and have the choice between two experiments, one at 100 euros and the other at 10 euros, which one do you choose? There is a good chance that this will be the first.

My opinion is that there is a perception of the level of security in the proposed price. If we had offered this feature for 2 euros it could have served the product.

^ in other words, max profit extraction. Good luck once again, the CTO has shown that he does not care about the user, just how much they can extract

flipfloppers2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

notGekko463
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Poor Charles. His livelihood depends on him “not getting it”.

comfyggs
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yeah they refuse to understand at all. Gaslighting their customers and treating them like crap. Fuck them. Assholes 🖕

Wayne2018ZA
      Gast
      Up
      Down

There are so many things that can go wrong with Ledger Recover (not that I would EVER use it, and I am not going to update my firmware, and I will be moving to Trezor or Keepkey soon).

1: Someone intercepts the shards with malware installed on the custodians’ side (not on your own computer or Ledger). They can then reconstruct your key remotely.

2: Some error occurs which recreates a different seed to the one you tried to “back up”, so you end up with a different wallet, and your original wallet disappears into the universe.

3: You get tricked into installing a fake “Ledger Recover” app somehow which then sends the shards to someone else.

I’m no programmer, so I don’t know how possible these things are, but this whole thing is opening up a can of worms. I was a long-time fanboy of Ledger, but I’ve lost trust in them now.

BusinessBreakfast3
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Fuck Ledger!

nthnxeedsxess
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Theyv already made money so they dont care shity company

kcchan86
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ledger is the next FTX. Mark my word.

TheFcknVoid
      Gast
      Up
      Down

He looked like he was about to shit his pants on camera when he made the original announcement. I think he knew.

WallstreetBytes
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It’s just a “trust us, bro” segment. You’re not missing much.

HeyDontSkipLegDay
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Charles needs to go

comfyggs
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Pure arrogance from them
      God I hate them so much. Wankers truly

gitarr
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The users are bad and they don’t understand….

The CTO and Ledger are refusing to answer any real technical questions and don’t provide specs or documentation about anything. It’s all “trust me bro”.

I asked about the e2e tunnels here for example, no answer.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

[deleted]

Reccon0xe
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Should be using a 25th phrase seed anyway, this completely negates the issue everyone has with Ledger Recover because not even Ledger Recover can save you if you forget 25th word seed phrase accounts.

Antique-Cod-9548
      Gast
      Up
      Down

A french guy that is arrogant? No way!

zmooner
      Gast
      Up
      Down

That guy looks everyday more like an imposter with an ever growing ego which will prevent him from accepting they screwed up. He should just resign.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

[deleted]

Odd_Salamander7280
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It blows my
      Mind. Where does everyone think regulation is going? Make your money, get out of it, enjoy life. Simple.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The “trust ledger” part shows this person is completely incompetent in his role. Fuck off into obscurity now.

bleudefact
      Gast
      Up
      Down

They are not getting it! Their clients demand that Ledger design should stay as is, and now open source it all.

​

If they want to appease the Surveillance Anti Crypto Armies, they can create a new device with all the KYC and recover options the IMF and W.B. want them to add.

​

I should also add: I am still waiting for an answer to my post from Ledger about how to delete the Memo Tag they added “LEDGER LIVE” every time one uses Ledger Live to transact in the ATOM blockchain?

How to edit the “Ledger Live” Memo on Atom transactions
      byu/bleudefact inledgerwallet

jebelsbemdisbe
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Man bull crap aside, I think they can get your seed already. I mean maybe you have to send it to them, but they probably put a back door in there for when Mr government wants to seize someone’s funds.

Xi_Jing_ping_your_IP
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Isn’t just…perfect…how someone can just say “bad people on twitter” and be both right and wrong but have all the benefits of being right?

yatoshii
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Totally the wrong way to do it. The beginning of the major downfall for Ledger.

MonsieurVox
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You know what’s wild to me is that I had just started looking for a cold wallet for my crypto last week and Ledger seemed like the unanimous choice among the community. It’s the first result on Amazon, lots of well-known tech YouTubers have made videos about it, this sub had a lot of active users. I was basically sold on getting one and was just doing some due diligence to figure out which one.

I’m glad I held off.

The entire idea behind crypto is that no government or centralized agency should have any possibility of seizing or otherwise having insight into one’s digital assets. With the introduction of “Recover,” as recognized by the CEO, a government agency will just “need Ledger to comply with an investigation” to force Ledger to hand over the information they have. Even in a perfect world, giving the current leadership the benefit of the doubt that their intentions are truly good, the decision to introduce Recover makes the possibility of a seed phrase breach non-zero. If/when a new CEO takes over, that likelihood changes.

celeduc
      Gast
      Up
      Down

*l’ancienne* «licorne française»

Stef75008
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Je ne comprend RIEN au FUD actuel !!… 🤔

Y a quoi de VRAIMENT nouveau ?

Pour les possesseurs de Ledger, vous avez TOUJOURS du faire confiance (la partie “non open source”) a cette entreprise !

Ok la clé est censée rester dans le Secure Element mais c’est évident et normal d’ailleurs que cette dernière soit vérifié a chaque “approve”!

Évidemment de manière cryptée !

Bref, avec leur sortie de CB qui demandait déjà un KYC et les leaks que l’on a pu trouver sur des types qui n’arrivaient pas a valider car “pas geolocalisé”, ca fait bien longtemps (2/3 ans) que c’était évident que Ledger allait dans ce sens !

De plus, Ethereum et l’account abstraction (sui, apt etc..) travail tous dans ce sens !

A savoir : pour le grand public, on est pas prêt et ces histoires de clés font peur !

Bref pour moi, rien de neuf sous le soleil en tout cas ^^

GROSSE erreur de communication de leur part j’avoue 😂

C’est pas tous les jours que l’on voit quelqu’un se prendre les pieds dans le tapis de la sorte 🤣

Bon week end les gars

Zealousideal_Neck78
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The French are on the rampage and rioting with the streets full of social discord. Nothing coming out of France would surprise me with the deteriorated conditions gripping the country.

GoodN0se
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Should have just created another product with upgradeable firmware, or keep the X for upgradeable firmware and let the S, or new product, to be non-upgradeable for the core community that wants sovereignty above all else.

Ansicht von 31 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.