Home Foren Ledger Wallet Ledger Firmware Update Review 1.1.1

Ansicht von 19 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Wer hat bereits aktualisiert oder ist skeptisch, zu aktualisieren? Sie sagen, es gibt einige GitHub-Code zu überprüfen? Woher wissen Sie, dass der Ledger nicht automatisch aktiviert ist und die Hintertür hat? Hat irgendjemand bereits aktualisiert? Ich bin über 95% zu fallen Ledger dauerhaft. Habe mehrere Geräte jetzt fragen, zu wechseln? OG Gedanken?

fraGgulty
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Switched to coldcard. Ledger holds my alts. I’m sure it’s still safe, I just don’t feel comfortable anymore.

EccentricDyslexic
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I update via the app every time. If it ever asks for my seed, I know it’s been nobbled.

dstred
      Gast
      Up
      Down

the truth is you will never know whether it’s gonna have a backdoor or it has had it all along from the very beginning

no way to know

Yavuz_Selim
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If you don’t trust the firmware, just stop using a Ledger. Use something you trust.

It’s really that easy.

drive_causality
      Gast
      Up
      Down

As a matter of fact, I plugged in my ledger and ran LL on my desktop for the first time since 2022. LL immediately notified me that there was an update available which I accepted. It took just a couple of minutes and restarted itself afterwards. Next, I plugged in my Ledger Nano X and it likewise notified me that a firmware update was available. I also installed the latest firmware update, and later LL automatically installed the apps back on the device. The whole process was simple and straightforward. It never asked me for my passphrase. 100 percent trust Ledger.

Vakua_Lupo
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If you’re worried, then take a look at “What is a Passphrase, and how do you set one up” from Ledger on YouTube. A Passphrase negates any scams involving your Seed Words.
      Tip – never forget or lose your Passphrase, if you do then the funds in your hidden wallet are gone forever, even your original 24 word Seed phrase cannot recover them.

hackmajoris
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hope some Ledger developers read this: don’t push that Ledger Recovery feature to people. Leave it as an optional feature and delete that banner from the main screen.

marriegotbandzzz
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I really like the ledger hardware and software I started my crypto journey with it and ass long as you dont fill in your passphrase or wordlist on some random site or leave it on your desktop your good

All hacks are mostly only working when users make a mistake

Sea-Gur-7597
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’ve been using mine for 3 years, so far so good, I bought a tangem and I’m accumulating in tangem to diversify

technician451
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Really sad what became of Ledger. Use to be a pillar in the crypto/decentralized space. Now its trash like everything else.

CorneliusFudgem
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’ve updated my devices and everything workin perfectly fine.

U don’t need to use the service if u don want u gotta pay for it

Also u can always use passphrase if u like extra security

BrickResident7870
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You could put half your assets in Ledger other half trust wallet to lessen any losses

Atomic_RPM
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Switch to Keystone.

Allcoins1Milly
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Is anybody here capable of searching the Internet before posting these? It’s not like there’s 2000 or 3000 other versions of the same post…

SwissGeorge
      Gast
      Up
      Down

i’m using ledger hardware. it’s a great thing. but over the time i learned the ledger team get weakend. this based on LederLife software updates. reading the release notes you do get some sentences but no clue about what changed. it’s useless. i do often get a release update notice. some of the updates never get available. if available there is a good chance for new bugs delivered with it. by example optimism part of it: a) software is not tested well and b) if you report bugs the team can’t handle them properly.

all this exerience does not give me a good feeling of reliability. in short i lost confidence.

it’s the same company, same mindset, same quality which makes me extremly cautious about to load new firmware relases.

UpsetPush
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Too much drama I moved on. Love the easy of use but I wanna sorta sleep at night. Using one for some light stuff about the sell the other. Sorry.

YEETDYNASTY
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I find the ledger wallet to be completely fine

Azimuth1409
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Blockstream jade and keep alts in ledger

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If concerned about back door entry of Ledger than add on your 25th word passphrase. As far as I know, this is about as secure as one can get.

I have not changed companies because of that option. I figure I am used to Ledger and safety practices but I do agree that all these upgrades disturb me for genuine reasons. I need a way to verify any download or update. It used to be you could do a hash check of downloaded file. I guess you still can but I am trusting Ledger that the update link on my genuine Ledger live app is genuine.

I am going to start checking hash issue now. But I am no expert and believe this is just one part of the validity checking.

I di have another hard wallet and use it for all trading and transfers. My ledger 25th passphrase is only used to store I coming transfers from D’Cent and vice versa. I never use my ledger for transferring to any other location.

Ansicht von 19 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.