Home Foren Ledger Wallet Ledger Frage zur Sicherheit

• Dieses Thema hat 2 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 4 Monaten von Tabea_Ledger.
Ansicht von 2 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich bin mir nicht sicher, wie das funktioniert, aber da das Gerät, das man von Ledger kauft, seine 24 Wörter bereits generiert hat und man sie nicht selbst auswählt, ist es nicht möglich, dass Ledger diese irgendwo in einer seiner Datenbanken gespeichert hat? Warum wird das so gemacht?

jack_bennington
      Gast
      Up
      Down

As far as I understand it, it isn’t generated already. You’d need to go through the initial setup process where it will generate the 24 words and you’re required to write down all of them, and then verify it word by word. There’s no way to display the 24 words anymore after the initial setup process as far as I know.

So this is the only window of opportunity for scammers to try and trap new users by opening the ledger in advance and setting up a seed phrase, printing them out and placing it back in the package in hopes that someone will use the printed seed phrase.

The only thing you can do if you lose your seed phrase, is to pray your pincode still is available and is correct. Then use the pin code to open the ledger and move your assets elsewhere temporarily. Then go through the set up process where you generate a new unique seed phrase.Then move back the assets to the ledger.

Please correct me if there’s any points here that is wrong.

Tabea_Ledger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The seed phrase is generated by your device. [This article](https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/4415198323089-How-Ledger-device-generates-24-word-recovery-phrase?docs=true) and [this article](https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010073520-Quality-of-randomness?docs=true) explain more in detail how the device generates the seed phrase

Ansicht von 2 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.