Home Foren Ledger Wallet Ledger ist nicht mehr dasselbe Unternehmen wie früher. Auch wenn Sie ihnen noch vertrauen, haben sich die Unternehmenswerte geändert

• Dieses Thema hat 10 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 10 Monaten von daguerre.
Ansicht von 10 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ledger würde unter keinen Umständen einen Dienst fördern oder vorantreiben, der Elemente hochlädt, die zur Wiederherstellung eines privaten Schlüssels verwendet werden können. Sie würden aktiv davon abraten, Online-Drittparteien mit solchen Informationen zu betrauen. Sie würden aktiv vor dem Risiko warnen, selbst verschlüsselte private Schlüssel online hochzuladen, um vollständige Offline-Backups zu fördern.

Sieht man also von dem ganzen Firmware-Kram ab, sind die Werte des Unternehmens, selbst wenn man glaubt, dass es immer noch vertrauenswürdig ist, anders als in der Vergangenheit. Die Behauptung, man habe ihnen früher vertraut, warum nicht jetzt, oder es habe sich nichts geändert, ist also nicht richtig.

Unternehmen ändern sich historisch. Es gibt viele Beispiele dafür, wie Unternehmen, die dazu übergehen, teure Elektronik mit Telemetrie zu verkaufen, die Kundeninformationen verkauft, Autohersteller, die dazu übergehen, Abonnements zu verkaufen, Unternehmen wie Anker, die zugeben, dass ihre Sicherheitskameras nicht nativ Ende-zu-Ende-verschlüsselt sind.

Wenn Sie also immer noch der Meinung sind, dass Ledger ein vertrauenswürdiges Unternehmen ist, dann tun Sie das auf der Grundlage des Unternehmens, das es jetzt ist, und des Marketing- und Finanzschwenks, den es gemacht hat, und nicht, indem Sie versuchen, so zu tun, als sei es immer noch dasselbe Unternehmen, dem man früher vertraut hat. Sie sind nicht vertrauenswürdiger als andere Unternehmen, aber mit viel mehr potenziellen Konsequenzen für Sie, wenn dieses Vertrauen gebrochen wird, als andere Produkte.

Es steht Ihnen also frei, ihnen zu vertrauen. Das ist eine persönliche Entscheidung, die jeder für sich treffen muss. Versuchen Sie nur nicht herunterzuspielen, was das bedeuten könnte, denn vieles davon basiert auf dem Glauben wie bei einer Religion, wenn man bedenkt, wie groß die Anfälligkeit und der Mangel an Konsequenzen ist, wenn es um Produkte geht, für die man selbst verantwortlich ist. Und ja, das gilt für alle Hardware-Geldbörsen, aber die Aussage “Ich werde ihnen weiterhin vertrauen, weil ich nicht glaube, dass sie etwas Schlechtes tun werden” ist eine subjektive Aussage, die auf Glauben und nicht auf Verifikation beruht.

Journeymanproject
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Never prioritise profits before customers. History shows that shit will come around and bite you on your ass while you’re busy counting pennies.

Heatproof-Snowman
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I think the OP is spot on, and in hindsight this was baked in the cake since Pascal Gauthier took over as a CEO. He actually openly shared his thinking in an interview here: https://www.wired.com/story/tony-fadell-is-trying-to-build-the-ipod-of-crypto-ledger-stax/

2 quotes from the article to summarise it all:

– “The French engineer decides everything, which is why the French always come up with innovations, but we’re shitty at taking them to market and making it a business”

– “If you want marketing and sales, you need Americans”

Forget about the French/American stereotypes, and it is clear that from the get-go his strategy has been to shift product design decisions away from engineering teams and towards marketing teams.

CorneliusFudgem
      Gast
      Up
      Down

so – maybe companies change? guess what trezor support told me to F off 3 years ago whereas ledger helped me with my questions at the time. i also actually get to open tickets and ask that altcoins are added whereas trezor tells me that “Bitcoin is the only valid coin” and then they try to shill me digibyte and vertcoin lmao (what do they think i’m a dinosaur?).

how do u want the next 1 million or 10 million or 100 million users are onboarded?

genuinely, I think everyone has a lot to learn from this entire experience and – it means we all need to grow, learn, and build together so that we make the future a safe place.

would love to hear peoples’ genuine suggestions because to me the recover program thing isn’t for everyone but it is just an option they give (I know some people who would not use it and others who have actually been waiting for such a service and so they are very happy).

also don’t start arguing over the firmware debate because that’s how HD hw wallets have always worked and we’re past that point in the convo.

every aspect of **life itself** is built on **trust**.

set-271
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Just a big hunch…but it feels like to me that the Fed talked to Ledger somehow and made them play ball. Just my suspicion.

ThyC0BRA
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You know what the worst part is? Up until a week ago, nobody except ‘white hat’ hackers were trying to bust into the vault that was Ledger. Even if it was a Panopticon Project (think cameras watching you that aren’t plugged in), now that the word’s out… hackers all over the world are fucking with the open source software, hoping to get a hit on the (once deemed impenetrable) hardware. The world now knows EXACTLY how it works, save an NDA on the chip you can’t get to communicate physically. Great to know that those that keep their devices have that to look forward to. They had it made, and so did we – much more was lost than trust.

comfyggs
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Their values have always been the same. They don’t give two shits. Trash company FUCK LEDGER 🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕
      Wanker assholes

AdNo7192
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No this is just wrong, ledger is still ledger, that just us that have now a bit more understanding of what they really were, just recently. And to be honest who the f* know if they have the list of ours private key that are waiting to be “hacked” be some “unknown” hackers.

Bay_Brah
      Gast
      Up
      Down

is it easy to move to coldcard? i was lucky to have gotten as far as I have, buying btc and transferring to ledger. now that all this shit is out, i feel a little overwhelmed. is the first step just buying a coldcard? then i set it up, and transfer btc out of ledgerlive?

IsEqualToKel
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The panicking has to stop. How are there much more potential consequences if the trust is breached than other products like something with Apple or Google?

daguerre
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Fake rage.

DYOR

Ansicht von 10 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.