Home Foren Ledger Wallet Ledger Live und Bitcoin

Ansicht von 6 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ja, wurde schon mal gefragt. Ich habe die Antwort nicht ganz verstanden.

Warum ändert Ledger die empfangene Bitcoin-Adresse bei jeder Transaktion? Ist es sicher, das zu tun? Wird es eine Rolle spielen, wenn ich versuche, BTC irgendwohin zu schicken?

Ist das der Grund, warum diese berüchtigten UTXO, oder wie sie heißen, auftauchen? Kann jemand UTXO klar und deutlich für einfache Leute erklären? Wenn ich relativ kleine Mengen an BTC kaufe (z.B. 100 Euro/Monat), ist das dann Verschwendung?

Ich bin kein kompletter Noob, aber ich bin nicht sehr versiert in Krypto. Danke . Merci . Danke .

Zatouroffski
      Gast
      Up
      Down

So, I’ll explain this in layman’s terms.

1: It’s not Ledger but that’s how Bitcoin works. It’s called UTXO system.

2: Your seed derives unlimited coordinates of addresses. Each seed is unique so, every user can control different addresses from a gigantic map that is bigger than the earth itself. To find the same coordinates back, you need your seed. That’s why you can only control your funds with your seed.

3: Let’s say you have a brand new seed and you’ve got $15 funds in your first derived address. Then system will automatically suggest you to receive funds to second derived address for anonimity. But you can still recieve funds to your first address and it’s still yours.

4: Let’s say you’ve also recieved $50 to your second address and wanted to buy a $60 game from steam (they were accepting BTC back in the day). When you want to use your funds, none of your single addresses has enough balance. So, your two addresses will be summed up inside a single transaction.

Input: Address A= $15 + Address B= $50.

Output: Address of Steam= $60 + Address C=$5

Address C is your “change” address, like you are receiving pennies after a purchase. This address C is your 3rd address. And the story goes on. And still your seed can control this newly found coordinates to infinity. A B C D E F G……. to infinity. There are no enough materials to build a disk drive to store the all possible bitcoin addresses. But seed just keep finding a new one within a specific order. That’s why it’s called seed. Ever played Minecraft? It generates a new world for every new game. But if you enter a precise seed, it will generate the exact same universe for everyone. Your seed generates the exact same private key for you. Or to thieves if you’ve managed to get your seed stolen.

Bitcoin is a ledger. A record book of transactions. Things go in, things go out. And this ledger keeps record of everything.

Back in the day, before this hierarchical deterministic wallets were implemented, every wallet.dat file of Bitcoin Core was generating random private keys. So, let’s say you’ve backed up your wallet.dat but then received a bunch of transactions to new addresses. If you lose your recent wallet.dat file, restoring the old one will make you lose your latest transactions. Implementing “HD” a.k.a. “seed”, saved users from this mess. Now addresses are generated from your seed. If you have your seed, you’ll control every new address that you’ll use.

ConnyHedge
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The questions you’re asking are answered in chapter 9 and 10 of the Bitcoin whitepaper written by Satoshi himself. It should take you about 5 minutes to read those two chapters 🙂

Ninjanoel
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Utxo is like bank notes than can be divided or merged as required at spend time. if someone gives me $10 of BTC and send it too one of my addresses, that amount sits in my wallet like a bank note. When I come to spend, if $10 will cover the transaction+ fee, then only one utxo will be used to purchase, else my wallet will “pick up” a few “notes” (utxo, unspent transaction output) and send whatever I’m paying, plus I may receive an amount back, so two $10 utxo’s may be used to pay for $12 item, and my wallet receives another utxo as change.

generating a new address each time is fine, and it helps with privacy.

Jim-Helpert
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hey, Ledger Live generates a new Bitcoin receiving address after every transaction for privacy reasons. This is a standard practice in Bitcoin and other similar cryptocurrencies to prevent transaction tracking. It’s completely secure and doesn’t affect your ability to send BTC: [https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034336713-Receiving-address-changed?support=true](https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034336713-Receiving-address-changed?support=true)

Unspent Transaction Outputs (UTXOs) are the remaining amount of bitcoins that you have after making a transaction. Think of it like getting change back after paying for something in cash. For example, if you have 1 BTC and you send 0.5 BTC to someone, you will have 0.5 BTC left as a UTXO.

UTXOs are not a waste, they are simply a part of how Bitcoin transactions work. When you make a transaction, your wallet selects UTXOs to use as inputs, and creates new UTXOs for the change.

Buying smaller quantities of BTC is not a waste. It’s a common strategy called dollar-cost averaging, where you invest a fixed amount on a regular schedule, regardless of the price. This can help reduce the impact of volatility and lower the risk of investing a large amount at the wrong time.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

UTXOs have nothing to do with addresses. Multiple BTC addresses are fine and they add a little more privacy to what you do.

In simple terms, a UTXO records a transaction of BTC to a public address. It also says that the person that holds the correct unlocking key to this address can spend the Bitcoin.

So

1. Someone sends you BTC. The miners record this in the Blockchain, i.e. it is your receipt that the address is the authorized authority for future spending. Every time you receive BTC it is in the form of a UTXO.

2. Your wallet searches the Blockchain for your public address(es) and keeps a track of how many you have and the value of each.

3 you want to spend BTC and you enter an amount. The wallet verified you have enough UTXIs to spend that amount.

Howeveryou cannot spend part of a UTXO, you must spend it all. If you have one UTXO worth 0.1 BTC and you want to spend 0.05, your wallet sends the transaction to be mined and it will say, this address is spending 0.1btc but it needs 0.05 BTC in change.

This change may go back to the same address but it is just as likely to go to a new address (as a 0.5btc UTXO).

So now your wallet contains 1 UTXO worth 0.05 BTC

It is important to know this because the cost of a BTC spend is impacted by the number of UTXOs used to match or exceed the desired spend amount.

A spend is 0.5btc that uses 1 UTXO is cheaper in network fees than 1 that uses 5 UTXOs worth 0.1btc each.

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

“Infamous UTXO”???

Man, that’s the way BTC works. Every deposit in your BTC account is a UTXO until it gets spent.

Ansicht von 6 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.