Home Foren Ledger Wallet Ledger Nano X-Firmware 2.2.3 mit Ledger Recover

Ansicht von 15 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ledger hat das **2.2.3** (neueste Version) Firmware-Update am 19. Oktober 2023 veröffentlicht:

[https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014980580-Ledger-Nano-X-firmware-release-notes?docs=true](https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014980580-Ledger-Nano-X-firmware-release-notes?docs=true)

Das Update enthält die Funktion **Ledger Recover**.

Werden Sie die Firmware auf die neueste Version aktualisieren? Ist es sicher?

Ich kann die Funktion “Freunde werben” nicht nutzen, wenn ich sie nicht aktualisiere, und ich weiß nicht, ob ich ohne das Upgrade Kryptos versenden kann.

Was habt ihr vor?

Stiltzkinn
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No, I will use Ledger with Metamask, but still planning to move on to a better hardware wallet.

AndreasKleves
      Gast
      Up
      Down

For me only counts that the firmware allows in principle to export my private keys and hence I will not use it. Even the ability of the firmware to export the keys is a a big dissapointment to me – when buying the Ledger my understanding was that the secure element on the hardware would prevent any software from exporting the keys. Appearently that understanding was wrong – I even thought that Ledger had communicated that they had a secure element in hardware, but appearantly I thought wrong… 🙁 And I am very disappointed that ledger implemented a private key export of the hardware that I had bought and that they don’t give me a choice to not install that security reduction – to me that’s a breach of trust – and my suspicion is that they might have implemented this feature in existing device instead of creating a new device with a Recover feature to get lots of potential customers for their new Recover service – as recurring cashflows are so valuable. I haven’t used my Ledger devices since the Recover announcement, and I have recently bought a Bitbox02 BTC. I will unlock my Ledger Nano only once more and that is when I transfer my coins to my new key, kept on the Bitbox. Afterwards I will destroy all my Ledger devices.

drjacks
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I will not upgrade the firmware until the device does not work. I am not using the referral thing. People can use Electrum for BTC, Metamask for ETH and tokens, XMR with GUI wallet or feather wallet and so on… No need for Live.

DjLoki
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’ve already updated both my Nano Xs, no issues here 👍🏻

SyNeRgYiii
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ledger is sacking there workers because noone wants what the ceo is offering.

If you haven’t changed wallets by now your asking for trouble. You’re trusting a ceo that’s saying trust me bro, fuck that.

Hot_Soup_7977
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Im still on firmware 2.0.2 and still fine with that.

CorneliusFudgem
      Gast
      Up
      Down

gonna upgrade my ledger firmware and go about my life lol

if my recovery phrase is safe i know my funds are safe and i can always use a passphrase or multiple temporary passphrases for diff sets of accounts.

Jim-Helpert
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hey, to avoid having any issues, do keep your versions up-to-date!
      Regarding Ledger Recover, to clarify a few major points, the firmware update doesn’t automatically activate Recover and Recover is not even launched yet. When launched Recover will be completely optional and will require your explicit consent to be activated, we’ll never force you to use the service! If you don’t like the service, just ignore it and continue using your device as before, you’re always in control, more explained here for your reference: [https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/9579368109597-Ledger-Recover-FAQs?docs=true](https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/9579368109597-Ledger-Recover-FAQs?docs=true)

Electrical_Carob_319
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Upgrade don’t use recovery

Update move all to another wallet

Do you have much more of an option?

Zealousideal_Neck78
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Your coin is still safe.

zmooner
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Excited about the upcoming Trezor Safe 3 which now has a Secure Element AND an open source firmware, so for most of the coins it seems to be a viable replacement for ledgers.

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The ledger firmware has always included the capability to sign a tx and silently send all your cryptos to some account you have no access to.. but that never bothered you, right? And all other hatdware wallets have the same capability, by the way.

So some trust is always needed when using a hardware wallet, and that has always been the case, nothing new at all with the recover service. As long as you dont sign up and approve on the device, nothing will happen with the latest firmware. That’s the security model of the ledger, and it has never been hacked.

Cannonball1987
      Gast
      Up
      Down

wonder, if I have to deactivate it manually or is it deactivated from the start and will only get activated once I choose to subscribe to the service?

MartinPlus
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I do not like this new “function” at all. You have to trust them that it will not send your seed phrase over the internet. You have to trust them that you need to enable it. You have to believe that no malicious third party will be able to exploit this “functionality”/honeypot/backdoor.

This is no longer a cold wallet, but an internet-connected hot wallet!

Don’t trust verify is the motto. But Ledger firmware is a closed-source black-box. And now this..

I’m seriously considering buying a genuinely open-sourced Trezor device instead (model T or the new Safe 3). Not only its firmware is fully open-source, but they are working on open-source security chip. Who else is doing that?

Besides, they have a built-in CoinJoin functionality to improve privacy. Very good feature IMO.

This is the second time this Ledger frog-eaters pissed me off. The first time was when they leaked their customer database including names, emails, phone numbers and *home addresses*. I know a person who was blackmailed based on this. What level of amateurism is this?

Now leaving aside that they are pushing various shitcoins, scams, “staking” etc. I know they do it because of money, but still.

I know it’s a bit of a rant, but this is what I genuinely think.

Slav3k1
      Gast
      Up
      Down

>The update includes the Ledger Recover functionality.

So if I do not apply this FW upgrade it is “unextractable”?

Also I wonder, is it the same with other HW wallets? Are they also recoverable with one app? Or not at all?

Ansicht von 15 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.