Home Foren Ledger Wallet Mann, dieser Subreddit ist beängstigend

• Dieses Thema hat 27 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 1 Monat von Sethdarkus.
Ansicht von 27 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich bin erst seit kurzem in diesem Subreddit und bin hierher gekommen, um mehr über die verschiedenen Geräte zu erfahren, wie man seine Assets sicher aufbewahrt, Best Practices, Anleitungen, etc. All die guten Dinge, die Sie kennen? Und das habe ich!

Aber in letzter Zeit, je mehr ich hierher komme, desto mehr lese ich über die unmöglichen Hacks, Leute, die ihre Seed-Phrasen verlieren, unerklärliche Transaktionen, etc.

Ich bin mir sehr wohl bewusst, dass 99,99% all dieser Unglücke auf menschliches Versagen zurückzuführen sind, der kleinste Fehler kann ausgenutzt werden und mit der Popularität von Krypto in diesen Tagen, wird es nur steigen. Ich vermute also, dass es nur noch unheimlicher wird …

Nicht sagen, diese Art von Post sollte nicht hier sein, aber es ist ein bisschen überwältigend, über Menschen zu lesen, verlieren Jahre der Bemühungen, alle Ersparnisse des Lebens, etc.

Was denken Sie?

SafeMoonJeff
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yeah, here is my 2 cents :

– People should stop connecting wallet for Gucci fake NFT airdrop website.
      – Stop taking pictures of your seed and uploading to iCloud/online storage or super encrypted secure cloud storage
      – Importing Ledger seed into Hot Wallet like Metamask
      – Importing Metamask into Ledger and magically thinking it makes it a Cold Wallet.
      – Enter Ledger seed into Fake Ledger app
      – Not testing seed backup before needing the actual backup
      – Talking about crypto to friend/party/work
      – For the love of crypto invest only in top 100 by MC
      – Responding to Hot Girl (never in your league) DM’s
      – Not updating or turn on ledger for over a year.

And the list goes on.

baddabaddabing
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Thats because people usualy use this sub to get help.

So whenever someone misreads this sub as “the Ledger User community as a whole” or something like that – this someone will get a totaly scewed picture based on just the few ones with rekt security and no know how, not the many silent secure and safe users of Ledger.

Za-Slobodu
      Gast
      Up
      Down

it’s the ignorance and the lack of motivation to learn the basics of crypto, couple that with greed and you get the recipe for disaster.

People don’t realize that hardware wallets are literally tiny airgapped devices and that their only purpose is to protect your seed phrase from the outside world. You can have the most secure house in the world, but if you give your keys to the house, all that security becomes useless. Be it by giving your seed phrase, storing it on your pc or signing a malicious smart contract… You gave your keys.

People think “Oh cool my crypto is on my hardware wallet now i can do whatever the f i want, im safe”

yeah… right.

r_a_d_
      Gast
      Up
      Down

People only come here when they got a problem… You see only one side of the medallion.

fainje
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Price goes down, FUD goes up.
      Everytime the same in this sub. A lot of day1 zero Karma people loosing their crypto held on a ledger…

Crypto-Guide
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Being your own bank is hard.

EuropeanBrothelKeepr
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’ve noticed this too… I just got mine a couple months ago & seems like ever since I joined this subreddit everyone seems to be mishandling their own funds or losing funds. But with that being said it’s all been human error from what I’ve seen, & boy I’ve seen some goofy mistakes lately lmao

cryptowalter4572
      Gast
      Up
      Down

My recommendation would be to watch YouTube videos by CryptoDad and Ledger Academy. And turn off Direct Messaging

cheeb_ledger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

We’re always glad to have our users communicate over the subreddit regarding their own unique experiences with their Ledger devices.

Unfortunately, in some situations, users lose access to their funds, forget to write down their private keys, or in some instances, unknowingly interact with phishing software that asks for the 24 word recovery phrase.

Importantly, users have to understand that Ledger Live will **NEVER** ask for the 24 word recovery phrase under any circumstances. Ledger Support will also **NEVER** ask for the 24 word recovery phrase either.

If anyone ever asks you for the 24 word recovery phrase or if some sort of application ever asks for you to type the 24 word recovery phrase or enter it – then you know it’s a scam.

**YOU** and **ONLY YOU** should know where your 24 word recovery phrase is and what the 24 word recovery phrase is. Anyone with knowledge of it will be able to remotely siphon the funds from the device (aka the 24 word recovery phrase).

We have some documentation on best practices for storing your recovery phrase and PIN ([here](https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005514233-How-to-keep-your-24-word-recovery-phrase-and-PIN-code-safe-?docs=true) is a link to said documentation). Ideally, you’ll want to only ever write it down at the time you generate it with your Ledger device, and then store the 24 word recovery phrase in a safe place that nobody will have access to.

Remember, as long as your 24 word recovery phrase is safe, your assets are absolutely safe as well.

beerbaron105
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have had a ledger for 6 years

I have connected my primary wallet for 6 years to defi and sent and received from countless cefi platforms

never. been. hacked

Not saying this is sound practice, and I am working on switching to a hot wallet for transactions — but if you are sensible and use common sense, you will not get hacked.

Mammoth_Lie9681
      Gast
      Up
      Down

100% is the human error.

R0Y-BATTY
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m no expert on this but after reading and speaking with others on here and other crypto subreddits I’ve come to the conclusion that the only safe way is this :

1) Buy your crypto from an exchange
      2) send that crypto immediately to a hot wallet (small test amount first)
      3) from that wallet move to ledger

Do not try to connect to anything other than you hot wallet with your ledger, do not initiate swaps on your ledger.

Essentials treat your ledger as a secure container and limit to absolute necessity the contact anything has with it.

Again I’m no expert but have been in this space for over 8 years now.

Defender15
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Get a new clean email, make sure your computer is clean, do not ever enter your seed in your computer, do not have in a note or a photo on your phone. Don’t respond to anything.

sndeman
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I must disagree. It is actually very important to see those posts so people are aware of all the possibilities to loose all their assets.

There are WAY too many people that do silly things like entering their 24 words in any device or fall victim to phishing mails/sites/texts.

I think we need a lot more awareness of all these dangers so people don’t fall for them.

I do agree it’s discouraging to see “everyone” failing but 99.999% of them could have been avoided if the victims were properly informed and acting upon this information.

Financial_Cry1836
      Gast
      Up
      Down

.01% is due to a malicious ledger employee?

eric2041
      Gast
      Up
      Down

People only come here for help. People don’t post about having zero issues.

Also a lot of these posts are fake, there’s something weird going on

Datacruncha
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Accountant abstraction will fix many wallet problems in the near future at least for smart contract based blockchains. Currently, as long as you take the time to learn basic crypto security principles and don’t slip up you won’t have a problem.

macetheface
      Gast
      Up
      Down

~~99.99%~~ 100% of all this misfortune is due to human error

bitusher
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Things are much simpler without a wide attack surface. If you have Bitcoin only firmware and don’t mess with tons of scams than you eliminate many of these concerns, bugs, and confusion. Hardware wallets like ledger try and isolate the attack surface with separate apps and do a good job typically but its simply unavoidable sometimes like https://monokh.com/posts/ledger-app-isolation-bypass

flak0u
      Gast
      Up
      Down

There are a ton of scam and fake post I’m all crypto related subs. It’s actually quite sad since it fuels the narrative that crypto is the wild west and limits adoption.

Flaky-Wedding2455
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I was a total newb and figured it all out with a week of YouTube videos mostly. Would not go without my ledger. The key is research and learning and practice. 99% of the mistakes are not bothering to learn about the device, how it works etc. Some people are better off with an exchange if they can’t trust themselves or can’t be bothered to get educated. Cold wallet is not for everyone. You can do it. It is super intimidating at first but eventually will be super easy.

cf_dtrg385
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Agreed..quite overwhelming. Seems like it’s a daily thing now. Take the time to get educated on the numerous risks out there and stop putting yourselves in compromising situations. It’s getting beyond ridiculous the amount of people coming here crying about issues they carelessly brought on themselves

Reccon0xe
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You can either lose your seeds via hotwallet hack or lose your seeds via bad opsec. The hardware wallet only protects your seed in the digital space from those who want your seed phrase, other attacks like rouge contract approvals and fake dapps/nfts are up to you.

userfakesuper
      Gast
      Up
      Down

>impossible hacks
      >
      >I am well aware that 99.99% of all this misfortune is due to human error

There are no impossible hacks as you said. You are correct it is human error but we need to add a couple more 9’s to that %… like 99.9999% are stupid humans. It is not overwhelming except to the person it happens to and before anyone jumps my back about not being supportive of the ones who lost because of their stupidity. Nope. Won’t happen.

When you signed on to be your own bank, you should be up to speed on what you need to do to BE your own bank. That’s it, that’s all. End of banking story.

Federal-Smell-4050
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I got 99 ledgers, and a problem ain’t one!

Never download random programs, check the url. Open PDFs in chrome as google have the most secure pdf reader. Never enter your seed onto PC

BTCwatcher92
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The hacks sound impossible because some of them almost are. Just because it can happen does not mean it will. There has been a lot of spam lately and I have caught on and I try to call it out whenever I see it but I would call it simple personally.
      Write the seed, store it safely and privately and don’t connect with websites you do not trust. Do not give out your seed, Ever. Ledger will Never ask for it as they have no reason to. It is for your eyes only and nobody has a valid reason to see it. don’t approve spend limits higher than your willing to part ways with of that token, and do not connect to contracts you do not 110 percent trust including airdrops. I think I have covered every possible way to stay safe excluding a pass phrase on the wallet that is only suggested for experienced users. If anybody can think of anything else I am leaving this for any new user that genuinely sees this post. This post is fud.

Sethdarkus
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I honestly suggest People Just keep their primary crypto holdings on their passphrase and their daily spending or ok to lose crypto in the main wallet so if you do a transaction with main wallet and it authorizes unlimited and you lose everything your vault aka the passphrase crypto wallets are safe from this kinda human error attack

Ansicht von 27 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.