Home Foren Ledger Wallet Neue Security Key App (1.01) wird von Google nicht unterstützt

Ansicht von 4 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich versuche, von der Fido U2F App zur neuen Security Key App zu wechseln, um mich bei verschiedenen Apps anzumelden.

Die meisten Apps waren in Ordnung, wie Dropbox funktioniert, aber Google scheint ein Problem zu haben, es zu benutzen. Jedes Mal, wenn ich es versucht habe, kam die Meldung:

> **Konnte keine Verbindung herstellen**
      >
      >Entfernen Sie Ihren Schlüssel und verbinden Sie ihn erneut. Dann versuchen Sie es erneut.

Während ich bereits getrennt und verbunden zurück ein paar Mal mit meinem Nano S Plus.

Irgendeine Idee, was man damit machen kann? (oder hat es bei Ihnen funktioniert) In der Zwischenzeit funktioniert der alte Fido U2F noch.

cheeb_ledger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

In this instance you’ll want to reach out to Google and inquire as to whether they’re overtly supporting the Security Key application as opposed to Fido U2F.

As you mentioned however, you can still use the Fido U2F with your Ledger connected to add an extra layer of security and authentication for your unique apps/accounts.

KOJIbKA
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m stuck with this app completely! There’s no support source, no Ledger reply from multiple requests on live YouTube meetings, nothing! Each time I head to find any help for it I got redirected to unknown token help page. But to be honest Google registration with it went suspiciously smooth. As soon as I have much too many Google-related devices the need in reliable security mean is vital for me. The back thought remains though. Whenever ‘Security Key’ app is called by Google my Nano X comments it with some ‘U2F’ connected action. Could it be just a ‘bridge’ to link ‘Fido U2F’ to ‘Security Key’ app?

xchapron
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hello,
      Small update now that I have more information about what is happening.
      There is currently two ways to add the Ledger Security Key application as an authentication method on a Google account:

1/ Adding it as “2-step Verification” => “Security Key”:
      The UX flow is in my opinion broken because you will have to:

* Deny (“Skip”) the request for access to security key “make and model”
      * Enter the security key name
      * Click “Next”
      * a pop-up will appear in the background “Something went wrong. Try again.”.
      * you will have to dismiss the pop-up requesting you to “Name your key”.
      * you won’t see anything being listed in “2-step Verification” => “Security Key” but your key will appear in “Passkeys” section and will be usable as a “2-step Verification”.

2/ Adding it as a “Passkeys”:
      The UX flow is in my opinion broken because you will have to:

* Select “Use another device” in the message saying “A passkey can’t be created on this device”.
      * Select “Use a different device” in the message saying “Create a passkey on a phone or tablet”.
      * Select “USB security key” in the message saying “Create a passkey”.
      * Accept the request on the Ledger device.
      * Deny (“Skip”) the request for access to security key “make and model”

Note that with that second flow Google request for a “Resident Key” / “Discoverable Crendential”. As mentionned in the warning on the Ledger device, this credential will be lost upon: OS update / Application update / Application uninstallation – reinstallation.
      There might be soon some change in the app to disable this feature by default and allow to enable it with a setting for services really requiring it.

brianddk
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Is this the Google Deprication notice that was getting all the news two years ago?

https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020669680

If so, I think your only options are to move off of Chrome, or get >!~~a FIDO2 device. Yubikey and Trezor-T / Trezor-R both support FIDO2~~!< Ledger’s latest FIDO2 security-key app update.

Ansicht von 4 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.