Home Foren Trezor Wallet Passphase in den Computer eingegeben?

• Dieses Thema hat 6 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 10 Monaten von SilverTruth7809.
Ansicht von 6 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich bin neu bei Trezor und war überrascht, dass ich bei der Erstellung einer passphrasengeschützten Wallet die Passphrase in die Trezor Suite eingeben musste … d. h. auf meinem Computer. Ich habe bisher nur Ledger-Geräte verwendet, und in diesem Fall wurde die Passphrase auf dem Gerät eingegeben… ähnlich wie die Seed-Phrase und die Pin-Nummer.

Ich habe mich auf der Website von Trezor umgesehen und konnte nichts über diese Funktion finden. Ich bin sicher, dass diese Frage schon oft beantwortet wurde, aber ich kann sie nicht finden. Ist es also nicht riskant, die Passphrase in den Computer einzugeben? Ist die Passphrase z. B. bei Spyware gefährdet?

DaxiTrek
      Gast
      Up
      Down

For the seed, this is not a problem because many useless words are entered and the right words in your seed are entered in a random order. The chances that someone watching your PC will find the right seed are extraordinarily low.

Buy the model T if you don’t want to write your seed on a PC.

For the passphrase, by itself it is useless. It must be used with your seed, which is on your Trezor to generate your hidden wallet. The same passphrase with 2 different seeds will generate 2 completely different wallet.

Tarskin_Tarscales
      Gast
      Up
      Down

That is the whole reason why I prefer the T.

no_choice99
      Gast
      Up
      Down

As far as I remember reading, with a Trezor one you cannot.enter it on the device itself, whereas you can with a Trezor T.

I guess that yes, one should be careful when typing it on a computer.

senlek
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have a Model T, and the only way I can set up a passphrase is by typing it on my computer… i.e. into the Trezor Suite app. I just want to know if Trezor has stated why this is not a vulnerability.

senlek
      Gast
      Up
      Down

OK, new day, fresh start. Based on what simonmales wrote about “grey link ‘Enter passphrase on Trezor” I played around and created a new hidden wallet (hw2) using that feature. I then went to transfer some coin from hw1 to hw2. In hw1 I had to enter the passphrase via the keyboard. I guess that is because it was initially set up that way… and/or maybe because it used capital letters, which AFAIK cannot be used on the device. Please correct me if I’m wrong on that. I set too low of a fee, and that transaction wasn’t going through so I learned how to bump the fee. I then created another hw (hw3) and moved some coin there. When confirmed, I then sent some coin from hw3 to hw2. Because I had to enter passphrase on device to do the transaction there was no need to use the keyboard. So now I know how that works.I still would like to know if Trezor has said anything about the entering passphrases on the keyboard option. i.e. do they say that it is safe? What about keyloggers? It is certainly more convenient. If I use a good passphrase of, say, 6 dice words that would be at least 28 characters. That’s a lot of fiddling with the old dumb-phone type function on the ModelT. But I guess I will do that if it’s necessary. I did like Ledger’s ability to ascribe pincodes to passphrases… but I’m guessing that was stored on their secure element; and that’s all under question, so…Another thing I liked in Ledger Live, and I can’t seem to find in Trezor Suite, is the ability to use a password to open the app. At present when I open TS it shows my accounts. If anyone had access to my computer they could see my accounts. I know they couldn’t do anything with my device; but still…Anyway thanks to simonmales for the info.

SilverTruth7809
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yes trezor one passphrase are type into your computer but this isn’t a issue, you would still need a to solve the 2048²⁴ problem.

Ansicht von 6 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.