Home Foren Trezor Wallet Passphrase 0 Gleichgewicht Hilfe

• Dieses Thema hat 4 Antworten und 2 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 11 Monaten von brianddk.
Ansicht von 4 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Vor einiger Zeit aktivierte ich die Passphrase-Funktion für meine Geldbörse, die bereits finanziert und eingerichtet war. Als ich die Passphrase einstellte und das Gerät neu startete, wurde ich zur Eingabe der Passphrase aufgefordert und konnte meine Coins nicht mehr finden. Ich war mir sehr sicher, dass ich die richtige Phrase eingegeben hatte. Das hat mich ziemlich erschreckt, aber am Ende habe ich die Passphrase-Option entfernt und alles war wieder normal. Ich hoffe, dass ich wieder eine Passphrase hinzufügen und die Funktion nutzen kann, aber ich möchte nichts riskieren. Wäre es besser, eine neue Wallet zu kaufen und bei der Ersteinrichtung mit einer Passphrase zu beginnen? TIA

lightninghero-node
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The passphrase generates a new wallet. Seems like you have your funds in the unprotected wallet, that’s why you can see them when you access the trezor without a password. You can switch between the wallets by entering or not entering the password when accessing the trezor.

If you want your funds to be in the password protected wallet, then you need to move them to the new wallet. To do that, access the trezor with the password, generate and copy a new receiving address, and then access the old unprotected wallet and move the funds to the new address.

cuoyi77372222
      Gast
      Up
      Down

A new passphrase will always go to a new wallet. You can’t change passphrase on existing wallet.

crypt0kiddie
      Gast
      Up
      Down

So this is basically the exact same setup I run on my Ledger.

Think of your 24 word phrase as being a dummy wallet, that’s the first wallet you create when you first set up your hardware wallet but you’re not really going to use it.

You’re going to write that 24 words down on a piece of paper though and if you want to be a smart-ass like me I have like $100 worth of Bitcoin in my main 24 word hardware wallet address.

Then I turn on passphrase.

I have put in a passphrase that is something that my mother used to say to me when I was a child it was just a couple of words but it rhymed and it makes me laugh when I think about it.

Think of your passphrase as sort of being like a 25th word or 25th slot if you will.

This doesn’t have to be a single word and it can even have a capital letter, spaces, different punctuation etc.

If you’re capable of remembering that in your head, you don’t ever need to write it down.

If it’s comprised of multiple words, varying capitalization and lowercase and possibly some punctuation, there is no way anyone is ever going to brute force that.

now if that’s not something that you feel comfortable trying to remember you can also write that down but you would store that in a completely separate place then your original 24 words.

So here’s how it works your original 24 word phrase, the one you wrote down on paper is now basically safe to leave laying around.

You could leave it on the refrigerator with a magnet and if anyone found it, who cares, you don’t have any funds in that account.

Now think of your passphrase account is being a sub account or a savings account inside of your normal checking account.

You need the original 24 words plus your passphrase to access that account.

Because you’re not really doing anything with your 24-word account you don’t have to be as careful about how you secure it as long as you’re sure nobody can figure out what that 25th passphrase is.

It gives you the ability to literally and easily store your 24 words in a couple of places as a backup and you just need to remember 25.

The only thing that will wreck your portfolio is Alzheimer’s.

brianddk
      Gast
      Up
      Down

LPT: When you start using a new passphrase do two things:

1. Use account labeling in Trezor Suite
      2. Save a copy of your `xpub`

Both effectively do the same thing. The point is to give you a way to verify that the passphrase you entered is correct. If you arrive at the correct account-label or the correct xpub, then your passphrase was correct. If not, then you 100% entered the wrong passphrase (typo).

Ansicht von 4 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.