Home Foren Ledger Wallet Passphrase und bestehende Geldbörsen

• Dieses Thema hat 4 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 5 Monaten von Coininator.
Ansicht von 4 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Nach dem, was ich gelesen habe, sind selbst nach der Erstellung der Passphrase mit 25 Wörtern die zuvor erstellten Wallets nicht durch sie geschützt. Es sieht so aus, als müssten wir (1) eine Passphrase erstellen, (2) eine neue Wallet erstellen und (3) meine alten Brieftaschenbestände in die neue Wallet verschieben.

Bestehende Ledger-Wallets werden also nicht durch das Hinzufügen des 25. Wortes Passphrase geschützt. Nur neue Wallets sind geschützt.

Ist das richtig?

Edit: Frage: Was ist der billigste/einfachste Weg, eine Menge NFTs von der alten Wallet in die neue zu migrieren?

LaColleMouille
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Basically, each passphrase you add to your 12/24 seed phrase, create a new “derivated” wallet.

Its purpose can be various ; you can add security by using a complex passphrase, or you can just use it as a totally independent wallet, with a weak & easy passphrase like ‘a’.

For your 1 2 3, I’d just say that 2 is rather “getting the new address”, because the words + passphrase is itself a new wallet.

chuoni
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Recovery phrase + passphrase = new wallet with new keys and addresses. So yes, if you want to use these new addresses you need to transfer the funds from your old addresses, just like you’d do with a wallet created from a new recovery phrase.

Also, the passphrase shouldn’t be a word for security reasons. It’s best to choose a strong password-like string of characters.

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

That’s correct.

The passphrase essencially creates a new seed, and only the new addresses derived from this new seed are “protected” by the passphrase, i.e. the passphrase, in addition to the 24 words, is needed to access them

Coininator
      Gast
      Up
      Down

So if I add a passphrase, I still have my coins in the old addresses, plus I can send them to a new addresss (generated using the passphrase) to have them even more secured?
      So this means there‘s no need to generate a new 24 words seed phrase?

Ansicht von 4 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.