Home Foren Trezor Wallet Risiko des Abwischens des Geräts nach dem Gebrauch?

• Dieses Thema hat 4 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 10 Monaten von Mrs-Lemon.
Ansicht von 4 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Gibt es einen Nachteil, wenn ich die Wiederherstellung bereits getestet habe?

​

Grundsätzlich, wenn ich nur HODL diese Vermögenswerte suchen und nicht berühren sie für sagen wir Jahre dann sollte ich nur das Gerät zu löschen und sichern Sie die Recovery-Wörter? Ich sehe keinen Grund, die Firmware des Geräts und die Software der Trezor Suite ständig zu aktualisieren, wenn ich nicht vorhabe, sie in nächster Zeit zu benutzen.

matejcik
      Gast
      Up
      Down

That’s basically a paper wallet with extra steps.

In this case, the “extra steps” add a very meaningful layer of security. (in particular, the fact that the seed never existed in a PC)

So go ahead, this is actually a very smart idea if your intention is to not touch the coins for a long time. Afterwards, you can update your Trezor firmware to the newest in one step and recover your seed only then.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

if you have your words safe and offline (not in a picture or password manager, file, etc.) then you shouldn’t be at any risk

MikalaMikala
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Good question. I am doing the same and not planning to touch my assets for years. Wiping the device just seems extremely scary and is not something I am considering for that reason. However, it might be a good, safe solution, if your Trezor is just laying around (mine is) and not getting updated anyways.

However, if you have hidden your seed- and passphrase in a safe location, on for instance metalplates, you could just as well store the device in the same location, as the seed- and passphrase plates are the real key. It wouldn’t make a difference security wise.

Weird stories about ppl not being able to recover their assets keep popping up, so maybe you should jinx it, if it is not necessary?!

Mrs-Lemon
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yeah you could have done this without buying a Trezor.

Since you have a Trezor already set up, and I’m assuming you have a passphrase.

You should just keep the Trezor the way it is and periodically update it.

The biggest risk you will ever have will be re-adding your seed to a wiped device (or other wallet). While if you do it securely it’s not that much of a risk, it’s still a risk. Why? Because you are exposing your seed. You could be accidently entering it into a fake Trezor app/website, you could accidently expose it to someone who sees where you hid it, etc.

It’s safer to just update the Trezor every 4-6 months or so. You’d already paid the money, have it set up, etc.

Plus as someone who, back in the day, created a paper wallet. I ended up using it way before I thought I would and then had to go through the whole process again.

Ansicht von 4 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.