Home Foren Trezor Wallet Seriennummer

• Dieses Thema hat 3 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 10 Monaten von brianddk.
Ansicht von 3 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Guten Tag!

Ist es möglich, Trezor nach der Seriennummer des Pakets zu fragen, das sie mir geschickt haben, um zu überprüfen, ob das Paket, das ich bekomme, das richtige ist?

Ich habe vor, wieder den Service eines Spediteurs (shippingcart) zu nutzen, da Trezor nicht direkt auf die Philippinen liefert. Das einzige Problem ist, dass sie das Paket öffnen, das die Trezor-Verpackung enthält, und ich befürchte, dass sie es durch gefälschte Trezor-Produkte oder Ähnliches ersetzen könnten.

raymonddurk
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No and that doesn’t prove anything. Moreover, that’s not what you should be concerned about. Trezor ships devices without firmware or seeds. Load the firmware when you get it. Generate your own seed. Ta da, you’re all set and know you’re safe.

kaacaSL
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hi, as raymonddurk explained, the serial number is not relevant. There are important security measurements that can assure you your device is safe to use:

1. ⁠All Trezor devices are distributed without a firmware software, so you need to install it for your first use. If there is a firmware installed already, then that means that someone used this device before you.

2. ⁠The bootloader verifies the firmware signature each time you connect your Trezor to a computer. You can connect to Trezor Wallet only if the firmware is correctly signed by SatoshiLabs. If there was an unofficial firmware installed, your device would flash a warning sign on its screen upon connecting it to a computer.

3. ⁠Because the recovery seed is generated by you during the Trezor setup, you can be sure you are the first and only owner of your private keys.

brianddk
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I see a serial-number-type object if I dump the windows device tree. But since I no longer have my package, I can’t correlate it to anything meaningful.

Ansicht von 3 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.