Home Foren Trezor Wallet Sicherheit zwischen Trezor und anderen Anbietern mit sicherem Element….

Ansicht von 8 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Hallo!

Kann mir jemand erklären, wie Trezor so sicher sein kann wie die anderen Optionen wie Ledger, Keystone usw., die dieses sichere Element haben. Ich vermute, dass bei Ledger jedes Mal, wenn etwas genehmigt werden muss, das sichere Element beteiligt ist (tatsächliche Hardware, die nicht manipuliert werden kann). Aber wie ist es bei Trezor ohne die “zusätzliche” Hardware möglich?

ps. und ja, ich überlege auch, von Ledger wegzugehen, dank ihres letzten F-UP, und werde daher meine Trezor T verwenden. Aber ich würde es gerne ein bisschen besser verstehen.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

[deleted]

HeroicLife
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Trezor is not as secure in that regard. On the other hand, it’s fully open source. You are just guessing that Ledger’s closed-source firmware code isn’t sending out your seed. KeyStone’s secure element architecture runs Android Go, which is open source, but it’s much larger than Trezor’s firmware, and then you are trusting Google not to have bugs. The secure element is nice, but it’s not magic, it’s just another layer that adversaries have to circumvent.

If you are concerned about remote attacks, the secure element isn’t going to make any difference. If you are concerned about physical attacks, using a passphrase with your Trezor deters them. Everything is a tradeoff.

drawingthesun
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The Ledger secure element cannot compute the functions required to sign a transaction, so every app on the ledger has to extract the key from the secure element to sign transactions.

The secure element was a marketing gimic.

Look into the developer documentation, you literally write a function that handles the key.

Why? Because the secure element is unable to perform crypto tx signing transactions.

Spajhet
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Trezor is coming out with a new open source secure element so that they can have one in their model R that they’re planning. Luckily, the lack of a secure element is really only problematic with physical access.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

[deleted]

vampyren
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Thank you all. I get a better understanding i think now. Seems most of you recommend using a sd card in combination with password. I never used the passphrase and hidden wallet but played with it just now and its pretty cool.
      For me i doubt i will go through the hassle to remove the Sd card each time i go out but i will now add a passphrase (secret wallet) so there is one more layer of security incase i drop the Trezor.
      I wish there was a feature that would wipe the device like Ledger. There i can choose that after 3 wrong entry i can wipe the device. That would be a great feature to have. Don’t feel like a big thing either so hopefully it comes.
      Lastly i don’t understand why Trezor don’t collaborate more with projects to add more wallets. I mean the success of the device is basically having as many native wallets as possible.
      I will now move to Trezor but i hope we all can shout to Trezor to add more wallets in their suite app. I really miss my favorites like Avalanche, Pivx and a few more 🙂
      Thanks again for all the input.

YaBastaaa
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ledger gave themselves a black eye after pulling recent stunt 🤦🏻‍♂️

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

are paper wallets going to become the more secure option soon? Lol

Ansicht von 8 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.