Home Foren Ledger Wallet Sicherheitsbedenken bei einem gebrauchten Nano S Ledger?

• Dieses Thema hat 12 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 4 Monaten, 3 Wochen von CorneliusFudgem.
Ansicht von 12 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Hallo, ich habe einen gebrauchten Nano S Ledger.

Nehmen wir an, dass die Person, die ihn verkauft hat, die Absicht hatte, ihn als trojanisches Pferd zu benutzen, um meine Münzen zu bekommen 🪙.

Habe ich mich vollständig abgesichert, indem ich die Seed-Phrase zurückgesetzt habe (und eine neue generiert habe)? Gibt es irgendeine Möglichkeit, dass ein Creeper an meine Münzen herankommt, wenn ich diesen Schritt getan habe? Gibt es überhaupt eine Möglichkeit?
      Vielen Dank und einen schönen Tag,

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It is not possible to install bootlegged firmware on a ledger. No no way to install a troyan.

Just reset your ledger and generate a new random seed or enter one you already have

This is perfectly safe

hustla-A
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ledger Live does check if your ledger is genuine. With the amount of crypto I have on my ledger, I would feel comfortable with the non-zero risk that someone could fool the software’s verification. If you think saving $50 by not getting a new Ledger is worth considering, you’re probably in the same boat as I am.

Pale_Hat4926
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It’s fine. New seed phrase, means no access.

googlesuite
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I would suggest never buy any used ledger. Doesn’t matter what. Buy a new one.

Gearheadfmc1
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You have only $250 on there? Not planning on buying more? No sweat… got for it ! Ledger live will verify. All you need to do is reset!

If you plan on putting more… BUY NEW!

With all the BS, it is not worth the risk!

ConnectAstronaut2639
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No. The only way to completely cover your bases is to sell it and buy a new one from ledger directly.

SandwichEater_2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Just buy from ledger direct, take no chances.
      The biggest security concerns are about interacting with dapps that are malicious or having your system using public wifi. These two are a big no no.

tsapsuy_dough
      Gast
      Up
      Down

how can ledger leak my name and address if I bought it from the black market?

Theo_Ledger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hey, when you buy a used Ledger device make sure that it’s fully reset to factory settings (entering 3 times the wrong PIN code) and that you set up the device with a newly generated 24-word recovery phrase that you have to write down and secure.

Do note that when you connect your Ledger device to Ledger Live, it will verify its authenticity. Your Ledger device is checked every time it accesses the My Ledger in Ledger Live or when it goes through the Genuine Check during the onboarding process.

We have this guide: [https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/4404389367057-Is-my-Ledger-device-genuine-?docs=true#h_01FPAFSEH1S9Q6B0NN21ZNKFHS](https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/4404389367057-Is-my-Ledger-device-genuine-?docs=true#h_01FPAFSEH1S9Q6B0NN21ZNKFHS), to see if the device is genuine.

Suzuki_Matt
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Easy answer: Just buy a new device from the manufacturer and forget all this nonsense. Why would you use a used ledger? They’re only $60. Buy a new one and stop stressing. It’s unnecessary.

Over_War_2607
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No… Resetting a whole new seed phrase your good..but that’s not to say some crafty hacker may have installed a backdoor somehow, but this is highly unlikely unless your some sort of crypto whale and it’s public knowledge. But in this case I’d hope you would purchase a new one, and buy only from ledger out of France, not Amazon or EBay etc…

CorneliusFudgem
      Gast
      Up
      Down

if it’s a used ledger just reset it by incorrect PIN 3 times in a row.

then after reset generate new 24 word recovery phrase.

bada-bing-bada-boom, ur safe w/ ur new recovery phrase

Ansicht von 12 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.