Home Foren Ledger Wallet Sieht aus wie ledger nahm DOWN Firmware 2.2.1

• Dieses Thema hat 48 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 10 Monaten von Dankrz27.
Ansicht von 48 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

[https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013349800-Update-Ledger-Nano-X-firmware?docs=true](https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013349800-Update-Ledger-Nano-X-firmware?docs=true)

Seit dem Morgen des 21. Mai ist sie auf die neueste Firmware 2.1.0 zurückgekehrt.

gen66
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Someone at the top management actually reached to the mind-boggling conclusion that keeping some of the current and lots of future potential customers is worth it? 😯
      Impressive 😏

Journeymanproject
      Gast
      Up
      Down

After they rollback this idiotic update, Ledger can attempt to win back customer confidence by becoming completely open source.

veracryp
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It has NOT been taken down. I just tried to update my ledger’s firmware and is asking me to update to 2.2.1 so is only removed from the website, nothing changed.

ancillarycheese
      Gast
      Up
      Down

IMO this isn’t any better. They need to say exactly why they pulled the update. Did they do it because of the unpopularity of the update? Or was there a bug in the update? And if so, was that bug related to performance, user experience, or security?

elias7905_x
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Then how about those who updated?

Braga_PT
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Maybe something is about to change. Let’s see if they can undo part of this mess…

Express_Vacation_
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ledger have proven to be incompetent and disconnected in this whole crisis. Not what you want from a security company, and not something that screams trust me.

oktay50000
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Even if they undo it, it wont work unless they open source it

bigoldbert23
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Too late Ledger. Actually want to thank them for opening my eyes to the double speak and hypocrisy of their company. I won’t be back.

GuessWhat_InTheButt
      Gast
      Up
      Down

What difference does it make? The security assumption we had about these devices have been proven wrong. The service itself was never the problem. The fact that a service like this is even possible is.

Caponcapoffstillon
      Gast
      Up
      Down

My personal opinion is ledger went about it the wrong way, they could’ve prob followed the lattice1 model where they make a completely new device have this feature, except the HSM is supplied to the customer rather than held in storage by the company, so you’ll always have your storage that can be digitally held on a HSM you’ll have. Holding in storage by the company allows points of failure that the keystone CEO brought up that tbh I didn’t really think about. What if ledger buys one of the companies? What’s preventing companies from buying each other and potentially holding 2/3 fragments to successfully crack your seedphrase?

v3man83
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Update 2.2.1 still available for me to download in the Ledger Live mobile app for iOS…and no, I don’t know if it works or not, I’m NOT trying..lol

kcchan86
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Doesn’t mean the function to extract isn’t already there.

Spartanarrow2023
      Gast
      Up
      Down

firmware is still there for upgrade… i have transferred all my assets… to another brand wallet.

1q2s3e4f5t6h7u8k9o0
      Gast
      Up
      Down

how can we trust future ledger updates if we know they can extract our seed? ledger MUST go open source

Christhealien
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Now open source.

evopty
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Who is going to trust their release notes or lack there of now 😂

TheFcknVoid
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Nah fuck em. I’m already gone.

simplicism
      Gast
      Up
      Down

no matter what happens to ledger, the reputation is ruined and the trust destroyed. in a world of social media, you can’t and shouldn’t allow yourself such an “accidental”. considering that shiftcrypto now even gives discounts on their bitbox02 and published a blog article on how to easily switch from ledger to bitbox, this looks like very good PR.

BlitzPsych
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Back track this recovery solution that trusts unknown companies and switch to something like a shamir backup but using social (friends/family) recovery.

PushTheButtonPlease
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The latest firmware or the latest firmware label? Not sure you can put that toothpaste back in.

klimauk
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It can’t be like that, because people who downloaded the new firmware would also have to get rid of the feature, and a downgrade can’t be done, so they would have to release even newer firmware. The latest OS version is 2.2.1. Learn how to update your Ledger Nano X here. Released 16 May 2023.

Most-Ad-4582
      Gast
      Up
      Down

This doesn’t change a thing. They lied.

afakey1
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Maybe ledger needs a governance token so users can vote on proposed changes.

Cultural_Bit9176
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I don’t see anything that says they took down the update, not sure this post is legit. The link was to an article from February. Provide some proof. It “looks like” they have not taken down the upgrade.

Spartanarrow2023
      Gast
      Up
      Down

plugging holes on a sinking ship… regardless if they roll back or not.. we still dunnoe what is inside the future or any version of firmware moving forward. i am out. i have already switched to another brand!

Analogy: You guys has just “upgraded your firmware” by making such decision and see now you yourself cannot roll back to the previous version… serve you guys right.. I will never trust you guys anymore.

alby6969696969
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Well about time, even if it did take a complete blow up for customers lol

Had they conducted even 5 minutes of market research that would have realised nobody ever wanted to risk their keys leaving the device.

Shinryukens
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Now they just update it without telling it….

mechanab
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The problem is that this was possible at all with a firmware update.

Serious question, when they said that the seed will never leave the secure element, is that even possible or do all HW wallets have this same vulnerability?

jflowers
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Unreal ( that it took them this long ). I guess hubris really is a hell of a drug.

Open Source EveryTHING.

satoshinair
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Who do they think the new people will get the hardware wallet recommendations from? ? Foolish move by people who have lost touch.

Informal-Act1282
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Doest matter now! Trust was broken.
      Open source all the firmware would he the only way to bring the trust back!

Kitten-Power
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The trust is gone. I am already doing my best on Twitter that this won’t be the case with other hardware providers.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Pfff it’s too late for this. Pandora’s Box has been opened already. Any serious bitcoiner is done with these jokers. So long Ledger, thank you for being a gateway to real bitcoin hardware wallets. We appreciated your Donjon program while you lasted 🫡

SirDanMur
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If they are smart they will increase security on future devices and offer a secondary device for the subscription service. My guess is that they had close to zero people opt in to the subscription. The few they had were likely YouTubers testing the feature on new wallets.

IssueRealistic
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Really?! Link pls? It still shows on my ledger live for my nano x!

Every_Expression_455
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m moving cold wallets, damage done.

DecadeMoon
      Gast
      Up
      Down

People keep saying “roll back the update” but that doesn’t change anything, the hardware is still just as “flawed” as it was before, people just didn’t realize it and were misled into thinking that it is 100% impossible to export the seed, but that’s not how hardware wallets with upgradable firmware work.

Antana18
      Gast
      Up
      Down

People will abandon Ledger if they don’t get rid of this dystopic Recovery feature, which enables a backdoor and gives the government the option to subpoena your holdings!

They already destroyed their most important asset: trust – and this cannot be recovered by reverting a firmware update!

AardvarkPutrid
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I just want to get my money off my ledger asap. I am getting new device today delivered i am so stressed actually

donjuan68
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Doesn’t change the fact that we now know they are capable of accessing keys ( don’t give me the techno jargon either. Been there done that). I was looking forward to stax…the question is what to do now… my nano x & s are sitting empty on a shelf… Trezor maybe… but who is to say they’re not the same just haven’t been exposed?

techma2019
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Is the actual file gone from the servers?

Impressive-Key938
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Thank god

Sky_Common
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Maybe it’ll reverse outgoing transactions that were unauthorized.

Elcoinman
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Are y’all saying that if you update your ledger wallet it will it be easily accessible to hackers? What if you have a new ledger will you have to accept the new Recovery system they just came out with?

NikNator10
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Is 2.1.0 a safe one?

trancephorm
      Gast
      Up
      Down

is that only for Nano X?

Dankrz27
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Didn’t they say this loophole was always there regardless of Ledger Recover? Very smart of them to say that😂

Ansicht von 48 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.