Home Foren KeepKey Sollte ich endlich nachgeben und alle meine Münzen von meinem KeepKey auf meinen Ledger übertragen?

• Dieses Thema hat 8 Antworten und 2 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 2 Jahren, 2 Monaten von KeepKeySupport.
Ansicht von 8 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich besitze einen KeepKey, seit er vor Jahren auf den Markt kam, und am Anfang fand ich ihn toll. Ich denke sogar immer noch, dass es ein großartiges Stück Hardware ist, das jede Menge Potenzial hat. Aber die Entwickler sind einfach grässlich und es gibt einfach keine Updates oder neue Münzen. Es fühlt sich einfach wie ein Briefbeschwerer an. Ich habe mir vor etwa einem Jahr einen Ledger gekauft, und obwohl er mir in mancher Hinsicht besser gefällt, gibt es auch viele ärgerliche Dinge, wie er eingerichtet ist. Letztendlich ist es viel funktioneller und es scheint ein viel aktiveres Entwicklerteam daran zu arbeiten, das häufig Updates macht und es relevant und nützlich hält. Sollte ich KeepKey einfach aufgeben und alles auf Ledger umstellen? Was denken Sie alle?

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yes.

metalbrushes
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Just use your pass phrase for KeepKey in Ledger. Then you don’t have to actually move anything.

saygun
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I am waiting for my Ledger Nano X. As soon as I get it, I am gonna move them.
      I have KeepKey more than 1 year. Nothing major changed.

xk1ibur
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The pace of release of updates is exasperatingly slow, it is true, and forces most users to trust the beta version to use the latest changes. Personally, as soon as the ZEC support goes to the official version (who knows when?) I will have all my needs covered in regards to crypto. I do not need support for a variety of currencies at the moment.

But I would like to have a standalone client, who does not depend on Chrome at all.

mobileboost
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I did. It felt great to have a usable platform with more coins and an app that keeps track of my portfolio.

aesthetik_
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Use both and diversify your risks…

MaxEntropyy
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The hardware is good… we have five (5) these wallets.

What is not clear… is… why does the software suck.

The options are:

1. Management – I noticed that Eric Voorhees isolated the KeepKey company from Shapeshift… which suggests that the purchase was a creative collaboration and the developers are underfunded. They were probably given the option to sink or swim by intergrating with Shapeshift. But the Shapeshift model was not engaged with the corporates, and the individuals in the crypto space are more than able to balance their portfolios. It is likely that Shapeshift will be purchased by Wall Street like firm or become a liquidity provider for peer to peer DEXs.
      2. Developers could be limited in their skill sets, which may be why the original KeepKey company failed.

I expect that the KeepKey failure is related to both funding and developers.

​

My advice… is to move away. 🙁

* There are not many options today. Ledger Wallet software is brain dead. Example, each Ledger Wallet device can store only ONE Ripple address. Brain Dead. I expect that Ripple enabled a developer to do an quick and dirty port of their wallet software to Ledger. The Ripple component is not digitally signed… so it can not really trusted for corporations.
      * The other option is the quirky… Trezor.

KeepKeySupport
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hello. I’m sorry that your KeepKey is giving you some trouble. Our developers recently deployed a fix for this issue. Have you recently updated your Client and Firmware?

Ansicht von 8 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.