Home Foren Ledger Wallet Sollte ich zu diesem Zeitpunkt annehmen, dass Ledger meinen privaten Schlüssel bereits erhalten hat?

• Dieses Thema hat 15 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 5 Monaten von LedgerSupport_Dan.
Ansicht von 15 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Also ich habe Ledger nano für eine Weile verwendet, ich habe nicht die Firmware auf die neueste noch aktualisiert, jedoch sollte ich davon ausgehen, dass sie bereits die private zu ihnen übertragen? Sollte ich eine sicherere Geldbörse wie Jade oder Cold Card bekommen und Ledger so schnell wie möglich löschen?

bmoreRavens1995
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Your fear with ledger could be said about any wallet company. It all comes down to trust either you do or your don’t. It’s like a pilot as I’ve said many times before you trust the pilot was vetted and he has college credits and proper certification to fly. It is your life (not money) at stake (no pun) but yet you sit down buckle up and trust someone who you don’t know fly you around at 35k feet in a tin can. If they wanted to do what people are afraid of why even come out with a option like this they’d been stealing all along. There is a market for a service like this as we are moving into a subscription based era this is just a revenue stream for them. People cry about this open source stuff most times it is the partners who makes the chip who don’t want their info exposed so even if it’s open source you’d need be a coder and cryptographic programming expert to even understand that which is open source so at the end of the day we are back to the TRUST issue you’d have to trust someone who understands code and cryptographic programming

googlesuite
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You really need to understand how this recovery feature work. Unless you subscribe for the feature you do not need to worry about it.

Through firmware it is not automatically transmitted. But if you subscribe, the key will be encrypted and transferred as three fragments to those three parties(mentioned in the website).

I would recommend you to read from the ledger website on how this works.

But I’m happy to explain here as well

cryptowalter4572
      Gast
      Up
      Down

These posts get more and more ridiculous.

darkforeststrikes
      Gast
      Up
      Down

At this point this has to be a troll / competitor’s post.

pdath
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No. Ledger Nano does not support Ledger Recover. Even if you wanted to – you couldn’t use the key recovery service.

It is only the more expensive Ledgers that have this option.

CorneliusFudgem
      Gast
      Up
      Down

as long as ur recovery phrase safe ur funds r safe friend ur fine just remain calm : )

richardrietdijk
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Considering these 2 objectively viable truths:
      – It’s closed source software
      – it is technically possible to extract the key.

Yes, they “could” absolutely already have access to it, irregardless of the recover feature.

Now, how likely is it that you will actually lose funds because of this? Imo, Extremely low. You’re more likely to lose funds by plain user error, or using a hot wallet.

Klutzy-Gas3786
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Honestly man… I’m going to keep it real. Ledger said somethings that totally screwed them. I’m sure they had pure intentions but nevertheless, they proved to us that they can’t be trusted. It’s closed source. Back door. We really don’t know what they can and can’t do. But after what they said… it’s probably best to transfer to a new wallet. Or even create an air gapped wallet. Idk about jade and cold card. Right now trezor is pretty solid.

bobby_oh_bobby
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Just get a cold card

ExamAccomplished6865
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Lol love when people buy a jade and realize they can’t put any other cryptos on it

Tralx
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yes. Previous firmware was potentially able to extract key, and you can’t know because are closed source.

G0DL33
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Bro, it’s fine, ledger send me your key to look after but if you try and leave ledger I will drain ur wallet. 😘

weedium
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yes, you are screwed.

Zuluuz
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’ve switched to jade and coldcard. Once you make the switch you will quickly realize how bad ledger really is

LedgerSupport_Dan
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Thanks for the question – to be clear updating your Nano X firmware will not activate the Ledger Recover service automatically. Recover is an optional subscription service only you can decide to activate (see activation steps [here](https://youtu.be/e3aK3_iiHZA?si=_DWPpgRF-E_6F1ou)), Ledger cannot and will never make that decision for you.

If you do not wish to use the service, you can simply ignore it and continue using your Ledger as usual,

Hope this helps clarify!

Ansicht von 15 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.