Home Foren Trezor Wallet trezor + exodus fragen nach zufälligem btc Betrag

• Dieses Thema hat 4 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 1 Monat von CryptoEngineerObrien.
Ansicht von 4 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Hey!

ich habe meinen trezor vor ein paar Tagen aktualisiert und wollte gerade heute ein paar btc von meinem trezor, der mit exodus verbunden ist, an eine Börse senden. wie üblich muss ich nach dem Klicken auf “Senden” in exodus direkt auf meinem trezor akzeptieren, aber nachdem ich den ursprünglichen tx in meinem trezor bestätigt habe, bittet mich der trezor jetzt, einen zweiten tx mit einem scheinbar völlig zufälligen (viel höheren als der ursprüngliche Betrag) btc-Betrag an “BTC segwit acc #1″(?) zu bestätigen.

Weiß jemand, was da los ist? Beim Senden der tx von der trezor suite passiert nichts dergleichen. Danke!

autoentropy
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yeah I would not verify any transactions you didnt request directly. Sketch. Use trezor suite to verify your wallet.

matejcik
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I honestly suspect it’s Exodus doing something new, namely, trying to “auto convert” you to a segwit account?

The way this works is, the wallet (exodus in this case) specifies a list of inputs (essentially txes that you received), and a list of outputs. The total BTC amount of inputs must match the total amount on outputs, minus fee. So if, say, you received a single 1BTC transaction, and you want to send 0.1 BTC to someone else, your one input is 1 BTC and the outputs must also add to 1 BTC (otherwise you’re just paying someone a very fat fee).

So the wallet would specify one output with 0.1 BTC to your destination address, and a second one as “back to me” with 0.89999 BTC, leaving a sliver for the fee. This “back to me” is normally invisible to you…….

…..eeeexcept when it goes into a different account.

So what _might_ plausibly be happening here is Exodus sees you have funds in, say, “legacy segwit”, and wants to gradually migrate you to “native segwit”, and so sends “back to me but to segwit”. But Trezor detects this and displays it for you to confirm.

In theory, you could look into your segwit account and see if the address is yours. In practice, it’s probably going to be a “change address” (like, for receiving change), and wallets usually don’t show you these.

I don’t use exodus so I have no idea how this is supposed to work, so you’d better go ask them.

imtheninja
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Similar situation I was looking to swap coins on exodus and the wallet addresses did not match at all

CryptoEngineerObrien
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hey there! Exodus staff here.

As you might already know, Bitcoin is what’s called an [UTXO-based crypto](https://www.exodus.com/support/article/109-what-are-change-addresses#about). When you send BTC from your wallet, two transactions are happening. You’re sending your chosen amount to the recipient, and the remaining BTC in your wallet is sent back to you as “change”. This is done for privacy.

When using the Trezor to send BTC, you’ll normally only see a confirmation request for the first transaction, listing the amount being sent and the receiving address. However, a recent Trezor update flipped this, and it’s now displaying the second transaction for confirmation, your change being sent back to your own address.

Obviously, this isn’t super clear. Our devs are working on making the process clearer. In the meantime, if you’re concerned about sending BTC from your Trezor and don’t want to confirm the transaction using Exodus, I would recommend using the Trezor Suite instead.

Ansicht von 4 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.